AmandaandChayne

Interview in 9 days still no interview confirmation letter from embassy

12 posts in this topic

If my letter doesn’t arrive in time what can I do and is there anyone I can contact in the mean time? P3 letter came to my address fine but I’ve had my interview booked since mid November and no confirmation letter from the embassy yet. I know I’m supposed to take it with me to my interview. 

Worried as where I live there’s a backlog of post due to Christmas my son got a letter from the tax man on 29th December that has been mailed on the 19th.

had nothing by email either all I have is the booking confirmation and courier booking confirmation.

will this delay my interview or get me a 221g? 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

3 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

Hi.

No need to wait for the letter. You only need your DS-160 for London and I-134. 

That’s a relief to know as i had read I have to bring my interview confirmation letter with me to my interview 

Edited by AmandaandChayne

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, AmandaandChayne said:

That’s a relief to know as i had read I have to bring my interview confirmation letter with me. 

I don't think we ever even received that in the post, haha. I would bring another copy of your NOA 1, your whole I-129F packet (copy), 2 passport type photos, another letter intent to marry along as well. 

Just now, britishandusa said:

I don't think we ever even received that in the post, haha. I would bring another copy of your NOA 1, your whole I-129F packet (copy), 2 passport type photos, another letter intent to marry along as well. 

The required docs list on the embassy site doesn’t ask for either the noa1 or I-129F and only wants another letter of intent to marry if noa2 expired which it won’t have. 

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, AmandaandChayne said:

The required docs list on the embassy site doesn’t ask for either the noa1 or I-129F and only wants another letter of intent to marry if noa2 expired which it won’t have. 

It doesn't but it is good to have at the interview in case they want to see it. This is what my fiance (now husband) brought to his interview last year. 

2 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

It doesn't but it is good to have at the interview in case they want to see it. This is what my fiance (now husband) brought to his interview last year. 

Did they ask your husband to see any of that?

event.png

Timeline
Just now, AmandaandChayne said:

Did they ask your husband to see any of that?

They did take a quick look at the copy of the I-129F asking basic questions of where I [petitioner] worked and what kind of job I did and for clarification on some things on the application. It's up to you to bring a copy or not but it certainly didn't hurt us to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

If my letter doesn’t arrive in time what can I do and is there anyone I can contact in the mean time? P3 letter came to my address fine but I’ve had my interview booked since mid November and no confirmation letter from the embassy yet. I know I’m supposed to take it with me to my interview. 

Worried as where I live there’s a backlog of post due to Christmas my son got a letter from the tax man on 29th December that has been mailed on the 19th.

had nothing by email either all I have is the booking confirmation and courier booking confirmation.

will this delay my interview or get me a 221g? 

They do not mail you a postal LETTER stating your interview date. When you book online, you get an email or online confirmation that confirms you did indeed successfully book a date and pay the fees, arrange courier, etc. It says to bring it to your interview. 

5 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

That’s a relief to know as i had read I have to bring my interview confirmation letter with me to my interview 

Not a letter. It's a confirmation that you picked a date online. It's to show outside, like having a ticket to allow you in. But if you have nothing, they look you up on their list to see you really do have an interview that day. You will still get in. 

5 hours ago, britishandusa said:

Amanda, you do not need NOA1, whole I-129F packet, or new intent to marry. You've read the list and know what to bring. 

Timeline

When I went they did ask for proof that I had an appointment. I used my email confirmation (which they tell you to print out) stating I had an interview on that day. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Soph97 said:

When I went they did ask for proof that I had an appointment. I used my email confirmation (which they tell you to print out) stating I had an interview on that day. 

But if you didn't have anything with you,  they would have looked for your name on the list of who had appointments for the day. You would have been allowed to interview regardless of having the email confirmation or not. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Amanda, you do not need NOA1, whole I-129F packet, or new intent to marry. You've read the list and know what to bring. 

You don't need it but it certainly didn't hurt to have. Just a friendly tip to have for those who were nervous such as us, it made us feel a lot better and we were glad we brought it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.