Mimicherie

AP going on 3 months and counting....

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I know there’s no way around AP nor is there any real knowledge of what goes on in the background, but when last inquired about my case they’re saying; “additional documents requested have been added to my file which is still under review with a consular officer & applicant will be contacted when a decision is made”. So does that mean my case have yet to be looked at since I provided my documents? Or have they been looked at and they’re doing their checks on the document to make a final decision? I just don’t want them to finally review my case and put me in another form of AP or, worst case scenerio, receive a denial after all of this waiting. I don’t think I’ve heard of any cases, besides one, whose AP went on this long in Haiti. If so, plz let me know your experience.

Embassy: Haiti (But my real question is in general not embassy specific)

Interview: Sept. 19th, 2018

CEAC Status: AP last updated Nov. 5th, haven’t been touched since. 

Yes, I’ve already contacted my congressperson who’s waiting on a response from the embassy. 

Thank you in advance for all responses. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there.

London requested additional documents for us as well but it took about a week before we received our visa.

Most likely, they are still over looking the documents provided.

Nothing you can do but continue to wait unfortunately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
22 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

I know there’s no way around AP nor is there any real knowledge of what goes on in the background, but when last inquired about my case they’re saying

bassy specific)

Interview

Thank you in advance for all responses. 

I'm here in same boat here sri Lankan consultant 

Interview date : 2018/10/11

Ask me to submit the police clearness certificate from south Africa vos I was live 4 years there then submit on 2018/11/29 received same day 

From the day waiting still 

Ceac Nonimmigrant say : no status (the day file application 2018/9/14)

Immigrant :  On AP Last update 2018/12/20

Today receive the email from embassy saying 

Ap take average 120 days but some case take longer our office will contact call or email soon as this processing complete

Just stress and nervous this all process took one year from today still waiting this shucks 😰

Timeline

@Duncan & shif 

Yes, it’s been over a year for me since I’ve started this process & I submitted my additional docs on October 10th, embassy received it Oct. 12th. I had about 6-7 updates since then (3 of them from sending emails about my case) & the last time they touched my case was Nov. 5th. I have yet to hear from them. It’ll be 2 months since they’ve touched my case on Saturday & 3 months since they received my additional documents on Jan 12th. 

I’m hoping my congressperson can get more insight as to what’s actually going on with my case instead of a generic automatic response. 

This blackhole of AP really sucks. I mean my case is pretty straightforward and I don’t believe I have any “red flags” per say but I’m just worried about waiting all this time not knowing what’s going on or what decision can be made. 

I wouldnt think a simple police clearance would take them this long for you if the clearance came back clear. Maybe it’s cause of all the holidays, that’s why your case is taking a while. 

Edited by gsdc23

Timeline
1 hour ago, britishandusa said:

Hi there.

London requested additional documents for us as well but it took about a week before we received our visa.

Most likely, they are still over looking the documents provided.

Nothing you can do but continue to wait unfortunately.

I’m hoping they are actually overlooking them instead of having my file just sit somewhere collecting dust because it’ll be 2 months this Saturday since my case was “touched” on CEAC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
Just now, gsdc23 said:

@Duncan & shif 

Yes, it’s been over a year for me since I’ve started this process & I submitted my additional docs on October 10th, embassy received it Oct. 12th. I had about 6-7 updates since then (3 of them from sending emails about my case) & the last time they touched my case was Nov. 5th. I have yet to hear from them. It’ll be 2 months since they’ve touched my case on Saturday & 3 months since they received my additional documents on Jan 12th. 

I’m hoping my congressperson can get more insight as to what’s actually going on with my case instead of a generic automatic response. 

This blackhole of AP really sucks. I mean my case is pretty straightforward and I don’t believe I have any “red flags” per say but I’m just worried about waiting all this time not knowing what’s going on or what decision can be made. 

I wouldnt think a simple police clearance would take them this long for you if the clearance came back clear. Maybe it’s cause of all the holidays, that’s why your case is taking a while. 

Hope and pray waiting that's all can do every second s checking ceac.gov for updates but nothing really sucks I hope it will be soon finger cross n waiting 

After interview CO told me everything perfect they are kept my passport as well n say thank u so much 

So hope good news coming soon for u also 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Duncan & shif said:

Hope and pray waiting that's all can do every second s checking ceac.gov for updates but nothing really sucks I hope it will be soon finger cross n waiting 

After interview CO told me everything perfect they are kept my passport as well n say thank u so much 

So hope good news coming soon for u also 

Thank you! Yes my fiancé’s interview went well too, besides a minor document error. So I’m crossing my fingers that we hear something soon as well! I hope and pray all goes well with your case and that you hear something soon. Keep me updated! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.