fayrog

Getting packet together

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,  I'm starting to get our packet together and I have a few questions. I have been through guides and the instruction form, but haven't really found the answers. Please forgive if they seem stupid. I sometimes overthink things.

1. On the I29f  number 50 it is asking for all of the countries and states where I (the petitioner) have lived since I turned 18. It's a lot since I was in the military. I know I need to go to the additional sheet so should I number each place sequentially? Like 51, 52, 53 etc.?

2. For number 53 it says to describe the circumstances of our in person meetings. I just put July 27-30, 2018- we both flew to Mexico City, October 16-December 1, 2018- beneficiary came to Iowa to stay with me, Feb. 14-27, 2019- I stayed with him in Mexico (we are sending it in after this meeting).  Do I need to put that we met online in March 2018 or just keep it to the in person meetings?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

you can state how you met online and also when you met face to face later in mexico city. send proof with photos of the meeting in person with boarding passes and such to proof the 2 year requirement

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, fayrog said:

Hi,  I'm starting to get our packet together and I have a few questions. I have been through guides and the instruction form, but haven't really found the answers. Please forgive if they seem stupid. I sometimes overthink things.

1. On the I29f  number 50 it is asking for all of the countries and states where I (the petitioner) have lived since I turned 18. It's a lot since I was in the military. I know I need to go to the additional sheet so should I number each place sequentially? Like 51, 52, 53 etc.?

2. For number 53 it says to describe the circumstances of our in person meetings. I just put July 27-30, 2018- we both flew to Mexico City, October 16-December 1, 2018- beneficiary came to Iowa to stay with me, Feb. 14-27, 2019- I stayed with him in Mexico (we are sending it in after this meeting).  Do I need to put that we met online in March 2018 or just keep it to the in person meetings?

On page 13 of 129F there is a room where you can provide additional information about countries. 

Most people consider Question 53/54 to be "The" most import question, as this your one chance to proof your relationship is bona fide. I've put "additional page attached" and then typed out a short but factual "love story" It doesn't need to be overly elaborate, but you might want to put something more than dry listing of meeting times. You only need to have met once, so you do need a factual proof from at least one meeting that proves 2 things: You both met, and meeting took place less then 2 years from the date of filing petition. Pictures alone will not proof the date.. well unless you are holding newspaper hostage style :) 

Good luck with your filing! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.