rodasclepius

Uploading documentation after interview

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my wife interviewed in December at the Islamabad, Pakistan embassy. She was told I would need a joint sponsor.

I filled out paperwork the very next day and uploaded it. The status shows as "Submitted" on CEAC website.

Problem is it will be a month soon since her interview and there have been 2 updates to the status which continue to say "Refused". The most recent one being on December 31st.

Originally they have my I864 uploaded and approved when the NVC requested it. I uploaded the Joint Sponsor paperwork as "other" and put in the comments that it was the joint sponsorship paperwork.

Do I merge the joint sponsorship paperwork with mine in 1 document and upload it?

The fact they have updated the status 2 times already and it still says "Refused" concerns me. Is there a way to know if the paperwork I've uploaded doesn't meet criteria or if they can't see it?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Contact them directly and ask.  Did you follow their specific instructions to provide the joint sponsor documentation?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, rodasclepius said:

What is the best way to contact the embassy. They sent me an update asking for the documents I've already uploaded and submitted as per their instructions.

Email IV and copy ACS and ask them what’s the holdup and do they need anything else

I apologize but I don't know that acronyms IV and ACS. Could you please guide me on how to find the email address?

I have another question. I made no income in 2017 and didn't file taxes for that year. I'm still waiting for my 2018 W2. 

I have a relative who did my AOS who has a really high income and assets. Do they still need my W2 or just the fact my AOS meets the requirement will suffice?

Edited by rodasclepius

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please give me guidance on how I can contact the Islamabad embassy and figure out what is missing?

I am the petitioner and they have sent me absolutely no notice on what I need to upload or what is deficient in my file. I just can't believe such an important process is run in such an inefficient manner.

I'm quite jealous of the immunity they have. In my line of work I would be sued for malpractice within days if I didn't reach out to fix a deficiency.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:52 PM, rodasclepius said:

Hey guys, my wife interviewed in December at the Islamabad, Pakistan embassy. She was told I would need a joint sponsor.

I filled out paperwork the very next day and uploaded it. The status shows as "Submitted" on CEAC website.

Problem is it will be a month soon since her interview and there have been 2 updates to the status which continue to say "Refused". The most recent one being on December 31st.

Originally they have my I864 uploaded and approved when the NVC requested it. I uploaded the Joint Sponsor paperwork as "other" and put in the comments that it was the joint sponsorship paperwork.

Do I merge the joint sponsorship paperwork with mine in 1 document and upload it?

The fact they have updated the status 2 times already and it still says "Refused" concerns me. Is there a way to know if the paperwork I've uploaded doesn't meet criteria or if they can't see it?

Yes merged in one ( your tax return and that of a join sponsor) and upload. I think it will be ok. If status dont change..then call them

On 2/2/2019 at 6:57 AM, Mr Genuis said:

Yes merged in one ( your tax return and that of a join sponsor) and upload. I think it will be ok. If status dont change..then call them

I have emailed and called. No one can give me an answer. NVC just says "It's out of our hands, documents are sent to the embassy. Go ask them!" Every time I have called I've spoken to them with utmost respect and received nothing but a rude attitude in return.

The embassy sends me generic messages that don't even match the status on the website.

I've never had a single citation in my life, no criminal record, working physician. I'd like to believe I've added some benefit to society.

My wife is also a working professional. She has a clean history. Almost 2 years now and no one can give us a single answer. I've provided every single document they have asked for.

I apologize for being so terse but after hearing my wife break down crying I've lost faith in this immigration process.

As a productive American citizen THIS is how I'm being treated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.