Jump to content

Question about I-865

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a quick question about a couple of forms. My fiance and I's case is being sent from America to her embassy and I was curious on which forms are needed. For the sponsor, I am having a family member to do it. Do they need to fill out the I-134 AND the I-1865 or just one? 



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



the petitioner is always the primary sponsor regardless of income and must fill out the affidavit of support


the same thing when your fiancé comes, you marry and then file the adjustment of status, you will need to file the i864 affidavit of support. if you don't make enough, you will need to get a joint sponsor or assets

Edited by aleful

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.