SamiaMansour

F2B approval - wait times

10 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Hi guys

My PD is January 12th 2018. I was wondering how long it takes for my F2B application to be approved?

What did you all experience? How many months/years did you wait for the approval? 

Regards

Samia

Edited by SamiaMansour

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

2025 or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

USCIS approving the I-130 is only the first step.  That can be a few years from now; no one can tell you when.

The overall wait depends on your Priority Date becoming current in the monthly Visa Bulletin; https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

The current F2b  beneficiary has been waiting 7-8 years.  You can expect a similar wait time.  

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

I meant when will my application actually be approved?? It is currently pending so I don't even know if my application is approved or denied.

32 minutes ago, Boiler said:

2025 or so.

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

USCIS approving the I-130 is only the first step.  That can be a few years from now; no one can tell you when.

The overall wait depends on your Priority Date becoming current in the monthly Visa Bulletin; https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

The current F2b  beneficiary has been waiting 7-8 years.  You can expect a similar wait time.  

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Hello am, my grandmother petitioned my mother as an LPR and I am the derivative beneficiary. The petition started year 2008 and approved on 2014 and this year 2020 our petition papers is ready to send here in the Philippines because our priority date is already current. I am now 28, and it looks like I am age out, and base on the law of usa  instead of f2a I will be automatically converted in f2b, is it possible for me to come with my mother same this year because the visa bulletin for f2b 5months from now will be current please help

Timeline

When your Mother gets here and assuming you are not married she can petition you, it will however be a long wait.

2 minutes ago, Zianagail said:

Hello am, my grandmother petitioned my mother as an LPR and I am the derivative beneficiary. The petition started year 2008 and approved on 2014 and this year 2020 our petition papers is ready to send here in the Philippines because our priority date is already current. I am now 28, and it looks like I am age out, and base on the law of usa  instead of f2a I will be automatically converted in f2b, is it possible for me to come with my mother same this year because the visa bulletin for f2b 5months from now will be current please help

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You do not have a priority date, your mother has a priority date. When your mother petitions you, then you will have your own priority date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.