coltr

221(g) for missing medical

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, coltr said:

Mine updated straight away, but I’m not sure it means anything. Did they explain why, and give him a form? Was it for missing documents, or just general administrative processing (e.g. security checks)? Did they say it needs to go back to USCIS, as it could be administrative processing in London?

They said it was just to get another set of eyes to review his case. They never mentioned anything about USCIS but as of now the status Still says at London. Im hoping that it will change soon...

Just to confirm, the Embassy emailed to say that they received my medical today and that my case is now under review with the consular officer, which is 9 working days after I attended my medical appointment. CEAC hasn't changed yet, except for a touch when whoever received the email pulled up my case.

Edited by coltr

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, coltr said:

Just to confirm, the Embassy emailed to say that they received my medical today and that my case is now under review with the consular officer, which is 9 working days after I attended my medical appointment. CEAC hasn't changed yet, except for a touch when whoever received the email pulled up my case.

When I got an email to confirm they received my medical case they never specifically said it was now under review with a consular officer. Just that I can expect to be contacted once processing is complete.

It's so strange to me

18 hours ago, coltr said:

Interestingly, the officer told me that they have strict targets on processing times for immigrant visas, and that those exceeding the consulate's targets have to be reported to the Department of State. Immediately after that, he issued me with the 221(g). I think you might be right.

Wow are they just dinging everyone in the lead up to Christmas? Or maybe something that we do not know about happened at the embassy to cause the need for more scrutiny?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, NearEthereal said:

Wow are they just dinging everyone in the lead up to Christmas? Or maybe something that we do not know about happened at the embassy to cause the need for more scrutiny?

The commonality of coltr and DeclanW was an interview before medical arrived. A delay would be expected but not extra scrutiny.  At this time of year, staff have taken days off. It slows down some, especially having to back track to pick up those not completely ready as expected at the interview. 

15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The commonality of coltr and DeclanW was an interview before medical arrived. A delay would be expected but not extra scrutiny.  At this time of year, staff have taken days off. It slows down some, especially having to back track to pick up those not completely ready as expected at the interview. 

I understand that, but I've perused this forum a bit and have also seen people approved pending medical, so I am indeed wondering if it's just a slow down because they perceive it will take longer, or if there is some other extra scrutiny. I've just noticed a lot of 221gs popping up in the Uk forum here and just a lot of nervous people.

Edited by NearEthereal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

I've just noticed a lot of 221gs popping up in the Uk forum here and just a lot of nervous people.

I would have to make a spreadsheet to keep up with the people, dates, and issues and I'm not interested enough to do that like those waiting and nervous. 

One thing for sure---

Medicals used to be in the file at the embassy about 4 days after the medical exam.

It was 3 days to get labs back, then Knightsbridge sent the reports off by courier to the embassy with same day delivery at the embassy.  The embassy moved into the new building January 15, 2018. Since then it seems like more people than not get to the interview and are told "medical not received". Well that right there interrupts the process flow. 

What changed? New building procedures, so maybe deliveries are not as easily logged in and sent up to the IV unit? Knightsbridge cutting back on customer service and not sending out the reports the day the labs arrive?  Use of a new lab that is a cheaper contract but slower? Knightsbridge quit paying courier to pop over to the embassy daily? Knightsbridge switched to Royal Mail to get reports to embassy? I don't know.

Another observation I have noticed on VJ is everybody wants to jump the queue to get ahead in the race to interview. The embassy has published 4 Steps to be followed to make their service most efficient. Now nobody waits for a letter of instruction. Heck, they don't even wait for their case to leave NVC. What's next? Do things before NOA2? They have an interview booked (Step 4) before doing Step 1. And Knightsbridge is falling down on their previous impeccable service. So I gotta wonder at what point will all these "make up my own order/rules" blokes impact the efficiency and they just push all aside with a polite and generic  "later" response at the interview.  With extra people off and closures for Thanksgiving, day after, George HW Bush funeral, Christmas, Boxing, and New Year...maybe they are imploding or getting stricter or having bad efficiency reports sent to Dept of State concerning their IV department. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.