Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

CEACE Status Prior to Interview Date:  Administrative Processing

Interview Date:  Nov. 23rd, 2018, US Embassy Manila

CEAC Status Changed:  Dec. 3rd, 2018 to ISSUED

Visa Status Follow Up:  Dec. 11th, 2018 via NVC Call Center

CEAC Status Changed:  Last Updated: Dec. 11th, 2018 (when follow up was placed); status is ISSUED

As of today, still waiting for passport/visa

* 2go website and ustraveldocs.com/ph website both don't have status for passport information

* Email sent to passportstatus address and same thing, no status is available for passport information

*~*~*moved from “bringing family members of USCs” to “Philippines” - qyestion about passport delivery times following an interview at the Manila embassy*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can verify the status by sending your passport number as the SUBJECT and email to
passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

If you receive an automated reply that says "Not Delivered," then your passport is  ready for pick-up at
the 2GO branch you selected.

Prior to "Not delivered," the status would be "Transit from post".

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

18 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can verify the status by sending your passport number as the SUBJECT and email to
passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

If you receive an automated reply that says "Not Delivered," then your passport is  ready for pick-up at
the 2GO branch you selected.

Prior to "Not delivered," the status would be "Transit from post".

Hi Hank....my dad's case is still the same...no change.... no movement...😢

Timeline
5 hours ago, harley2012 said:

Hi Hank....my dad's case is still the same...no change.... no movement...😢

Then you need to be patient .. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 1:26 AM, Hank_ said:

Then you need to be patient .. 

just an update, we received an email from us embassy manila stating that my dad's case is under administrative processing.  it was a generic email indicating they cannot predict when this will be resolved.  ceac status still shows ISSUED though.  this is really disheartening.  how long does it usually take for cases like this, do you have an idea?  i checked it online and it says, generally, 60 days...but of course it could be longer than that depending on the case.

Timeline
5 hours ago, harley2012 said:

just an update, we received an email from us embassy manila stating that my dad's case is under administrative processing.  it was a generic email indicating they cannot predict when this will be resolved.  ceac status still shows ISSUED though.  this is really disheartening.  how long does it usually take for cases like this, do you have an idea?  i checked it online and it says, generally, 60 days...but of course it could be longer than that depending on the case.

Well that sucks!  AP can be just as stated in the email you received from the embassy.   All you can do is be patient... :(  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Well that sucks!  AP can be just as stated in the email you received from the embassy.   All you can do is be patient... :(  

this morning, i planned to send an email to the embassy for further verification, but another email surprised me...this time it came from IVManilaProcess@state.gov (the first email was from IVManilaReplies@state.gov which was, I believe, a response to our earlier inquiries with call agents).  The second email states this: 

"This is regarding your immigrant visa application with the U.S Embassy. Further action is required from you before we can continue processing your case.

The National Bureau of Investigation police certificate (NBI clearance) you submitted in support of your visa application requires additional processing. The National Bureau of Investigation requests that you attend an interview with the NBI personnel clearance interviewer at the Quality Control Section of the Identification and Records Division (NBI-IRD), 4th Floor, New NBI Clearance Bldg., United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila. Please look for Ms. ___________, Chief of ____ and present this letter. The  office is open Mondays through Fridays, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 

We will continue processing your case as soon as we receive the result of your interview with NBI.  

In order to expedite processing of your case, if you have ever been arrested or charged with any crime, please provide complete court case records and final disposition of any charge ever filed against you.  Please submit the document(s) marked below at any 2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GOCourier Submission Letter.  This service is free of charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter."

Well, my Dad's name is also somebody else's name which was already cleared with NBI that's why he was given an NBI clearance prior to interview.  It was really confusing...we were too close but yet too far. :( During the interview, he was told that his visa application was approved and will be receiving the visa in 7-10 working days.  Just to find out, after almost 6 weeks (Nov. 23rd interview date) it is in administrative processing and status in ceac site shows ISSUED.

Now worried how long this will take again after satisfying this requirement.  My Dad will definitely go and meet the personnel ASAP and send the doc as instructed.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, harley2012 said:

this morning, i planned to send an email to the embassy for further verification, but another email surprised me...this time it came from IVManilaProcess@state.gov (the first email was from IVManilaReplies@state.gov which was, I believe, a response to our earlier inquiries with call agents).  The second email states this: 

"This is regarding your immigrant visa application with the U.S Embassy. Further action is required from you before we can continue processing your case.

The National Bureau of Investigation police certificate (NBI clearance) you submitted in support of your visa application requires additional processing. The National Bureau of Investigation requests that you attend an interview with the NBI personnel clearance interviewer at the Quality Control Section of the Identification and Records Division (NBI-IRD), 4th Floor, New NBI Clearance Bldg., United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila. Please look for Ms. ___________, Chief of ____ and present this letter. The  office is open Mondays through Fridays, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 

We will continue processing your case as soon as we receive the result of your interview with NBI.  

In order to expedite processing of your case, if you have ever been arrested or charged with any crime, please provide complete court case records and final disposition of any charge ever filed against you.  Please submit the document(s) marked below at any 2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GOCourier Submission Letter.  This service is free of charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter."

Well, my Dad's name is also somebody else's name which was already cleared with NBI that's why he was given an NBI clearance prior to interview.  It was really confusing...we were too close but yet too far. :( During the interview, he was told that his visa application was approved and will be receiving the visa in 7-10 working days.  Just to find out, after almost 6 weeks (Nov. 23rd interview date) it is in administrative processing and status in ceac site shows ISSUED.

Now worried how long this will take again after satisfying this requirement.  My Dad will definitely go and meet the personnel ASAP and send the doc as instructed.

This is not unusual with the embassy regarding NBI, I see situations like this on and off  ... 

At least you know what is happening ...  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, Hank_ said:

This is not unusual with the embassy regarding NBI, I see situations like this on and off  ... 

At least you know what is happening ...  ;)  

based on your experience on this, what are the outcomes?  how long does it usually take from the time requirement is satisfied?

Timeline
9 hours ago, harley2012 said:

based on your experience on this, what are the outcomes?  how long does it usually take from the time requirement is satisfied?

If the embassy is down to only wanting the NBI interview and update .. once that is done and delivered to the embassy  .. about 2 weeks for the visa to be ISSUED  <  that is what I have seen with others.

I am still sending good vibes to your dad.  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 6:01 AM, Hank_ said:

If the embassy is down to only wanting the NBI interview and update .. once that is done and delivered to the embassy  .. about 2 weeks for the visa to be ISSUED  <  that is what I have seen with others.

I am still sending good vibes to your dad.  ;)  

Hi...yeah, i really hope that is the case...i really hope that it takes just 2 weeks from receipt of what they required...thanks for the good vibes...regards

Timeline
8 hours ago, harley2012 said:

Hi...yeah, i really hope that is the case...i really hope that it takes just 2 weeks from receipt of what they required...thanks for the good vibes...regards

Got my toes crossed that your dad gets his visa soon  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.