Jump to content
harley2012

CEAC Status is ISSUED but IR5 Visa hasn't received yet

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

CEACE Status Prior to Interview Date:  Administrative Processing

Interview Date:  Nov. 23rd, 2018, US Embassy Manila

CEAC Status Changed:  Dec. 3rd, 2018 to ISSUED

Visa Status Follow Up:  Dec. 11th, 2018 via NVC Call Center

CEAC Status Changed:  Last Updated: Dec. 11th, 2018 (when follow up was placed); status is ISSUED

As of today, still waiting for passport/visa

* 2go website and ustraveldocs.com/ph website both don't have status for passport information

* Email sent to passportstatus address and same thing, no status is available for passport information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFH said:

*~*~*moved from “bringing family members of USCs” to “Philippines” - qyestion about passport delivery times following an interview at the Manila embassy*~*~*

hi...any information you could share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can verify the status by sending your passport number as the SUBJECT and email to
passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

If you receive an automated reply that says "Not Delivered," then your passport is  ready for pick-up at
the 2GO branch you selected.

Prior to "Not delivered," the status would be "Transit from post".


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can verify the status by sending your passport number as the SUBJECT and email to
passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com

If you receive an automated reply that says "Not Delivered," then your passport is  ready for pick-up at
the 2GO branch you selected.

Prior to "Not delivered," the status would be "Transit from post".

Hi Hank....my dad's case is still the same...no change.... no movement...😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, harley2012 said:

Hi Hank....my dad's case is still the same...no change.... no movement...😢

Then you need to be patient .. 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 1:26 AM, Hank_ said:

Then you need to be patient .. 

just an update, we received an email from us embassy manila stating that my dad's case is under administrative processing.  it was a generic email indicating they cannot predict when this will be resolved.  ceac status still shows ISSUED though.  this is really disheartening.  how long does it usually take for cases like this, do you have an idea?  i checked it online and it says, generally, 60 days...but of course it could be longer than that depending on the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, harley2012 said:

just an update, we received an email from us embassy manila stating that my dad's case is under administrative processing.  it was a generic email indicating they cannot predict when this will be resolved.  ceac status still shows ISSUED though.  this is really disheartening.  how long does it usually take for cases like this, do you have an idea?  i checked it online and it says, generally, 60 days...but of course it could be longer than that depending on the case.

 

Well that sucks!  AP can be just as stated in the email you received from the embassy.   All you can do is be patient... :(  


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

 

Well that sucks!  AP can be just as stated in the email you received from the embassy.   All you can do is be patient... :(  

this morning, i planned to send an email to the embassy for further verification, but another email surprised me...this time it came from IVManilaProcess@state.gov (the first email was from IVManilaReplies@state.gov which was, I believe, a response to our earlier inquiries with call agents).  The second email states this: 

"This is regarding your immigrant visa application with the U.S Embassy. Further action is required from you before we can continue processing your case.

The National Bureau of Investigation police certificate (NBI clearance) you submitted in support of your visa application requires additional processing. The National Bureau of Investigation requests that you attend an interview with the NBI personnel clearance interviewer at the Quality Control Section of the Identification and Records Division (NBI-IRD), 4th Floor, New NBI Clearance Bldg., United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila. Please look for Ms. ___________, Chief of ____ and present this letter. The  office is open Mondays through Fridays, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 

We will continue processing your case as soon as we receive the result of your interview with NBI.  

In order to expedite processing of your case, if you have ever been arrested or charged with any crime, please provide complete court case records and final disposition of any charge ever filed against you.  Please submit the document(s) marked below at any 2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GOCourier Submission Letter.  This service is free of charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter."

 

Well, my Dad's name is also somebody else's name which was already cleared with NBI that's why he was given an NBI clearance prior to interview.  It was really confusing...we were too close but yet too far. :( During the interview, he was told that his visa application was approved and will be receiving the visa in 7-10 working days.  Just to find out, after almost 6 weeks (Nov. 23rd interview date) it is in administrative processing and status in ceac site shows ISSUED.

 

Now worried how long this will take again after satisfying this requirement.  My Dad will definitely go and meet the personnel ASAP and send the doc as instructed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, harley2012 said:

this morning, i planned to send an email to the embassy for further verification, but another email surprised me...this time it came from IVManilaProcess@state.gov (the first email was from IVManilaReplies@state.gov which was, I believe, a response to our earlier inquiries with call agents).  The second email states this: 

"This is regarding your immigrant visa application with the U.S Embassy. Further action is required from you before we can continue processing your case.

The National Bureau of Investigation police certificate (NBI clearance) you submitted in support of your visa application requires additional processing. The National Bureau of Investigation requests that you attend an interview with the NBI personnel clearance interviewer at the Quality Control Section of the Identification and Records Division (NBI-IRD), 4th Floor, New NBI Clearance Bldg., United Nations Avenue, Ermita, Manila. Please look for Ms. ___________, Chief of ____ and present this letter. The  office is open Mondays through Fridays, except holidays, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 

We will continue processing your case as soon as we receive the result of your interview with NBI.  

In order to expedite processing of your case, if you have ever been arrested or charged with any crime, please provide complete court case records and final disposition of any charge ever filed against you.  Please submit the document(s) marked below at any 2GO drop-off branch with a copy of this letter and the 2GOCourier Submission Letter.  This service is free of charge. Logon to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/, and click on the “Submitting 221(g) Documents” link to print your 2GO Courier Submission Letter."

 

Well, my Dad's name is also somebody else's name which was already cleared with NBI that's why he was given an NBI clearance prior to interview.  It was really confusing...we were too close but yet too far. :( During the interview, he was told that his visa application was approved and will be receiving the visa in 7-10 working days.  Just to find out, after almost 6 weeks (Nov. 23rd interview date) it is in administrative processing and status in ceac site shows ISSUED.

 

Now worried how long this will take again after satisfying this requirement.  My Dad will definitely go and meet the personnel ASAP and send the doc as instructed.

 

This is not unusual with the embassy regarding NBI, I see situations like this on and off  ... 

 

At least you know what is happening ...  ;)  


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, Hank_ said:

This is not unusual with the embassy regarding NBI, I see situations like this on and off  ... 

 

At least you know what is happening ...  ;)  

based on your experience on this, what are the outcomes?  how long does it usually take from the time requirement is satisfied?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, harley2012 said:

based on your experience on this, what are the outcomes?  how long does it usually take from the time requirement is satisfied?

If the embassy is down to only wanting the NBI interview and update .. once that is done and delivered to the embassy  .. about 2 weeks for the visa to be ISSUED  <  that is what I have seen with others.

 

I am still sending good vibes to your dad.  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 6:01 AM, Hank_ said:

If the embassy is down to only wanting the NBI interview and update .. once that is done and delivered to the embassy  .. about 2 weeks for the visa to be ISSUED  <  that is what I have seen with others.

 

I am still sending good vibes to your dad.  ;)  

Hi...yeah, i really hope that is the case...i really hope that it takes just 2 weeks from receipt of what they required...thanks for the good vibes...regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, harley2012 said:

Hi...yeah, i really hope that is the case...i really hope that it takes just 2 weeks from receipt of what they required...thanks for the good vibes...regards

 

Got my toes crossed that your dad gets his visa soon  :thumbs:  


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

      HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

 

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×