Jump to content
xyz12345

N-400 Case submitted for Quality Review based on Approval Recommendation

20 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I just had my N-400 interview on 12/10/18 in Jacksonville.  After the interview, the IO gave with Form N-652 saying I passed the English test and US history and government test and that my application has been recommended for approval.

I didn’t get any text or email update immediately afterwards. Later that day though I got a “Case was submitted for Quality Review based on an approval recommendation…’ from the app that is tracking Egov case status. On my USCIS account, which I didn’t check until days later, there were 2 entries on 12/10/18. The earlier one was ‘You attended the interview…’ and the most current status was ‘We approved your application..’.

The thing is I didn’t know which came first: Did I get approved then sent to Quality review or the other way around (Quality review and then approved)?

 

 

 

On a side, here’s some info on my N-400 application based on 5-year residency.

5/15/18            Filed online

6/4/18              Biometrics appt in JAX

11/5/18            Interview notification (154 days after biometrics). Mine was one of the slowest applications in Jacksonville. A lot of people getting interview notifications at the 60-day mark.

12/10/18          745 am N-400 interview apt (189 days after biometrics). Average is 98 days.

Not a lot of people in the building. Biometrics side was still closed.

Make sure you don’t have any liquid sprays. I had to return my eyeglass cleaner to the car before my things went thru the xray machine.

Checked in at the counter at 736 am and got called by the IO at 8am.

IO asked for my GC, current passport and ALL expired passports.  Good thing I brought all of them. He didn’t look through the expired ones though.

Questions were about voting month, war in 1900s, father of our country, chief supreme court justice, total number of us house of representatives, number of years that a us representative serve. Reading test was ‘When is Columbus Day?’ and writing test was ‘Columbus Day is in October.’.

We went through the application but spent a lot more time on making sure I didn’t commit a crime or offense or got arrested. I just mentioned that I wrote down all the speeding tickets since the applic asked for citations. I brought my most recent certified copy of my driving history but he didn’t ask for it. Also mentioned that I put in YES for alternative sentencing (e.g., withheld adjudication) since that was the wording on my driving record when I elected to go to traffic school for 2 traffic tix. I got my last traffic tix 6 years ago. IO didn’t ask for my tax transcripts. I even brought passport pics but he didn’t ask for them.

 

He finally mentioned that I was recommended for approval. It seemed that I was there for 35-40 min but the atmosphere was relaxed. I was more relaxed in there than in the waiting room together with other applicants. I am happy and grateful that the interview is finally over. One more wait to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did your IO give you a notice of when your Oath ceremony would be? I had my interview yesterday -Thursday and when the IO approved me he gave me the date for my Oath Ceremony there on the spot- 6 days later

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, austex said:

Did your IO give you a notice of when your Oath ceremony would be? I had my interview yesterday -Thursday and when the IO approved me he gave me the date for my Oath Ceremony there on the spot- 6 days later

 

M.

 

Good for you! That was one of my wishful thinking, hoping to be finished by the end of the year. There were only 3 naturalization ceremonies  left for the year (Dec. 13 Gainesville, Dec. 14 Panama City, Dec. 16 JAX) so I asked if it's possible to be naturalized anywhere but the IO said no. Too bad! Anyway, hoping to have the 2019 Naturalization calendar online soon so I can have a better idea of the possible dates in the coming months. I hope that I don't have to wait the full 5 months as estimated in my USCIS account.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

I had my interview on dec 18th in Washington office, and I'm on the same boat, after my interview checked online and the same: "Case was submitted for Quality Review based on an approval recommendation" and then last line says "we approved your application" I hope I don't have to wait more than 120 days after approved test, what I heard it in different threads, Is there anyone filed in Washington DC office (Fairfax VA)? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, xyz12345 said:

Hello,

 

I just had my N-400 interview on 12/10/18 in Jacksonville.  After the interview, the IO gave with Form N-652 saying I passed the English test and US history and government test and that my application has been recommended for approval.

 

 

 

I didn’t get any text or email update immediately afterwards. Later that day though I got a “Case was submitted for Quality Review based on an approval recommendation…’ from the app that is tracking Egov case status. On my USCIS account, which I didn’t check until days later, there were 2 entries on 12/10/18. The earlier one was ‘You attended the interview…’ and the most current status was ‘We approved your application..’.

 

 

The thing is I didn’t know which came first: Did I get approved then sent to Quality review or the other way around (Quality review and then approved)?

 

 

 

 

 

 

On a side, here’s some info on my N-400 application based on 5-year residency.

 

5/15/18            Filed online

 

6/4/18              Biometrics appt in JAX

 

11/5/18            Interview notification (154 days after biometrics). Mine was one of the slowest applications in Jacksonville. A lot of people getting interview notifications at the 60-day mark.

 

 

12/10/18          745 am N-400 interview apt (189 days after biometrics). Average is 98 days.

 

Not a lot of people in the building. Biometrics side was still closed.

 

Make sure you don’t have any liquid sprays. I had to return my eyeglass cleaner to the car before my things went thru the xray machine.

 

 

Checked in at the counter at 736 am and got called by the IO at 8am.

 

 

IO asked for my GC, current passport and ALL expired passports.  Good thing I brought all of them. He didn’t look through the expired ones though.

 

 

Questions were about voting month, war in 1900s, father of our country, chief supreme court justice, total number of us house of representatives, number of years that a us representative serve. Reading test was ‘When is Columbus Day?’ and writing test was ‘Columbus Day is in October.’.

 

 

We went through the application but spent a lot more time on making sure I didn’t commit a crime or offense or got arrested. I just mentioned that I wrote down all the speeding tickets since the applic asked for citations. I brought my most recent certified copy of my driving history but he didn’t ask for it. Also mentioned that I put in YES for alternative sentencing (e.g., withheld adjudication) since that was the wording on my driving record when I elected to go to traffic school for 2 traffic tix. I got my last traffic tix 6 years ago. IO didn’t ask for my tax transcripts. I even brought passport pics but he didn’t ask for them.

 

 

He finally mentioned that I was recommended for approval. It seemed that I was there for 35-40 min but the atmosphere was relaxed. I was more relaxed in there than in the waiting room together with other applicants. I am happy and grateful that the interview is finally over. One more wait to go!

Hi, May I ask did you receive the oath ceremony date yet? thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mitefa said:

Hi, May I ask did you receive the oath ceremony date yet? thanks in advance

Hello, no, I haven't received anything since my 12/10/18 interview. I am hoping for some good news within 3-4 weeks since the next oath taking ceremony in our area is March 2019 and supposedly my case completion month is April 2019.

 

We already have the 2019 Naturalization Calendar available online with oath ceremonies every other month in our area. It was only posted in the first week of January so I wasn't able to ask the IO about potential oath taking dates. I was hoping for this month but it didn't happen. The next one is March and then May 2019, which is past my case completion date and then July. Worse comes to worst, I will arrange my overseas trip before the May 2019 ceremony so I don't have to worry about rearranging my schedule.

 

I don't think (!) both our cases will go beyond 120 days but I have seen people with 94-127 days between interview and oath. In their cases though, most of them were naturalized within 6-10 months after application. Right now I'm already past the 8 month mark. When is your case completion time?

 

I sent an email about this subject through the USCIS account but all I got is a generic form letter/response. I was going to ask if it's possible to go beyond case completion time when approved. I'll probably have better luck if I call. I'll try to call them if I haven't heard anything in a month.

 

btw After the interview my automatic 2-wk email/text update notifications didn't work as it used to. No more email update and the text update has been offset by a week. I have USPS informed delivery but I guess I'll just check my account more often to see if a new update has come up.

 

I hope you hear good news soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

Hello, no, I haven't received anything since my 12/10/18 interview. I am hoping for some good news within 3-4 weeks since the next oath taking ceremony in our area is March 2019 and supposedly my case completion month is April 2019.

 

We already have the 2019 Naturalization Calendar available online with oath ceremonies every other month in our area. It was only posted in the first week of January so I wasn't able to ask the IO about potential oath taking dates. I was hoping for this month but it didn't happen. The next one is March and then May 2019, which is past my case completion date and then July. Worse comes to worst, I will arrange my overseas trip before the May 2019 ceremony so I don't have to worry about rearranging my schedule.

 

I don't think (!) both our cases will go beyond 120 days but I have seen people with 94-127 days between interview and oath. In their cases though, most of them were naturalized within 6-10 months after application. Right now I'm already past the 8 month mark. When is your case completion time?

 

I sent an email about this subject through the USCIS account but all I got is a generic form letter/response. I was going to ask if it's possible to go beyond case completion time when approved. I'll probably have better luck if I call. I'll try to call them if I haven't heard anything in a month.

 

btw After the interview my automatic 2-wk email/text update notifications didn't work as it used to. No more email update and the text update has been offset by a week. I have USPS informed delivery but I guess I'll just check my account more often to see if a new update has come up.

 

I hope you hear good news soon!

Hi, hopefully the oath ceremony schedule would be in march, thanks for the info. 

I started the n-400 in june 28th, have my schedule for fingerprint june 18, and English test on December 19th, miy test was approved the same day in Washington DC (Fairfax, VA), that's it and still waiting for oath ceremony.

Order than that, I keep receiving from uscis emails saying "we are reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" 

 

 

Edited by mitefa
missed last phrase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mitefa said:

Hi, hopefully the oath ceremony schedule would be in march, thanks for the info. 

I started the n-400 in june 28th, have my schedule for fingerprint june 18, and English test on December 19th, miy test was approved the same day in Washington DC (Fairfax, VA), that's it and still waiting for oath ceremony.

Order than that, I keep receiving from uscis emails saying "we are reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time" 

  

 

I meant to say my schedule fingerprints was on july 18 thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't have to. there is an excellent tool that USCIS has, it calls uscis app where you can find test questions and answers, I practiced almost every day, I guarantee you,  you wont fail any question at the time of your interview.

Good luck with the interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mitefa said:

You don't have to. there is an excellent tool that USCIS has, it calls uscis app where you can find test questions and answers, I practiced almost every day, I guarantee you,  you wont fail any question at the time of your interview.

Good luck with the interview.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mitefa said:

I hope you hear good news too!!

Thanks! I called USCIS this afternoon (not tier 2 though). Said that nothing changed in my applic, that everything looks good, that I'm in line for oath since Dec. 10 and to call them again if 55 more days passed without getting the oath letter. Best wishes to both of us! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we gonna have to wait til the oath ceremony is scheduled by USCIS, I will post the date right after I see it on my uscis account or receive it by mail.

Do you think once uscis recommends for approval, we don't have to worry about it right? 

 

In fact, they made a correction on my application in the tablet that was sitting on his IO desk at time of my interview since I got detained by ice long time ago for DUI, specifically on the criminal question of the application, I thought crimes question refers to felony charge and stuff, that's what I told IO then he made me correct the application on the tablet. I hope it doesn't interfere on the process of my application, I really hope so!!

 

best wishes to all of us!!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×