FormerBrit

First time travelling with conditional GC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All, :star:

I hope this is the right forum. I received my conditional 2-yr GC last September (2006). In 7 days time, I am going on vacation abroad for the first time with my husband for 3 weeks to South America (Ecuador and the Amazon) ...

Just a couple of questions...

1) What do I do with the white I-94 I received upon entering the USA on my K-1 fiancee visa. (I still have it in my passport). I am worried they may take it at check-in when I still need to retain it. :unsure:

2) Do I just need my GC and passport to travel and re-enter the US? Is there anything else I need?

Many thanks,

Kiki :luv:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, when I used my AP documents while I was waiting for the GC interview, no-one ever took the I-94 that was in there from activating my K-1 visa. So when I ended up going to my interview, there were two I-94s stapled in my passport. The adjudication officer took out the first I-94, and left the most recent one in my passport, and I think he would have taken both if I had been approved at that point (the decision had to be delayed). I've traveled twice since my GC approval and the I-94 is still there. :whistle: You don't have to worry abut I-94s after you receive your green card.

When I have traveled, I have my passport, my green card, and a certified copy of my marriage certificate, since my passport is still in my maiden name. Haven't had troubles yet!

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

You don't need to do anything with it, just keep it, i visited home and took it with me, just in case but was never asked for it, you don't need it you have a GC.

I never had an AOS interview as i went through Cali so i just kept mine in the Immigration folder under the TV!

All you need is your GC and passport!! have a great trip home you lucky thing!

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

1) What do I do with the white I-94 I received upon entering the USA on my K-1 fiancee visa. (I still have it in my passport). I am worried they may take it at check-in when I still need to retain it. :unsure:

Well, just take it off your passport yourself :) Honestly, I don't think you need it anymore.

2) Do I just need my GC and passport to travel and re-enter the US? Is there anything else I need?

That's all. Obviously, you will need to fill out the customs form before you clear immigration.

Bartek

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

when your passport is still in your maiden name then dont forget to take your marriage certificate with you to show proof of name change!

plus GC and passport!

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982 - 2008

K1 Timeline

01/13/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC

05/03/2007 Petition approved!!!

08/23/2007 INTERVIEW

09/12/2007 Frankfurt - JFK - Baltimore, MD

09//28/2007 applied for SSN

10/16/2007 CIVIL MARRIAGE

10/31/2007 SS Card finally arrived

AOS Timeline

11/13/2007 sent AOS package with AP and EAD

12/19/2007 biometrics in baltimore

01/09/2008 AOS transferred to CSC

01/12/2008 CEREMONY & RECEPTION

01/16/2008 EAD and AP in mail

02/14/2008 card production ordered, approved without interview

02/22/2008 GREEN CARD in mail

I751 Timeline

11/19/2009 sent I751 to VSC

11/21/2009 received at VSC

11/24/2009 check cashed

11/30/2009 received NOA dated 11/23/09

12/15/2009 early bio walk-in failed....

12/16/2009 request to reschedule sent

01/04/2010 biometrics in baltimore being rescheduled

01/20/2010 new biometrics

03/24/2010 card production ordered, approved without interview

03/29/2010 10 year GC in mail

Filed: Timeline
when your passport is still in your maiden name then dont forget to take your marriage certificate with you to show proof of name change!

plus GC and passport!

Hello,

Thank you for the replies,

I did not change my name after marriage, I have kept my maiden name...should I still take a marriage certificate, just to be safe?

Many thanks,

Kiki

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

plus GC and passport!

Hello,

Thank you for the replies,

I did not change my name after marriage, I have kept my maiden name...should I still take a marriage certificate, just to be safe?

Many thanks,

Kiki

if it makes you feel better, yes. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.