Jump to content
hsp_1221

Oath Ceremony time after Naturalization Interview

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all ,

 

I have my interview set this month and I though I have selected an option to take oath ceremony but I went to my Application and look at the file the oat ceremony section and it was empty. 

 

So just wondering how long before I get invitation for Oath cause I have planned vacation in February.

 

I am also wondering if I can oath ceremony on same day by calling USCIS prior? If some have experience in this case. 

 

Thanks in advance for your time. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hsp_1221 said:

Hi all ,

 

I have my interview set this month and I though I have selected an option to take oath ceremony but I went to my Application and look at the file the oat ceremony section and it was empty. 

 

So just wondering how long before I get invitation for Oath cause I have planned vacation in February.

 

I am also wondering if I can oath ceremony on same day by calling USCIS prior? If some have experience in this case. 

 

Thanks in advance for your time. 

 

 

I believe they decide when you will have the ceremony. I am in the same boat. I have a trip in February (very early). Oath Ceremony is next week. Hope I get the passport AND then apply for the visa for the country I am going to in time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hsp_1221 said:

Hi all ,

 

I have my interview set this month and I though I have selected an option to take oath ceremony but I went to my Application and look at the file the oat ceremony section and it was empty. 

 

So just wondering how long before I get invitation for Oath cause I have planned vacation in February.

 

I am also wondering if I can oath ceremony on same day by calling USCIS prior? If some have experience in this case. 

 

Thanks in advance for your time. 

 

 

Every office sets up oath ceremonies that suit them locally. There is no standard. It could be an office that does their ceremony "3rd Wednesdays of each month", or only every other month, or some do same day. 

 

Some mail out invitations in a week... or a month.  I was told to wait in the lobby about 30 minutes after the interview and an oath letter would be handed to me. It was for the following month ceremony. I've know of other offices that tell morning interviews, "Want to do your oath at 1 pm today?"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NYCruiser said:

I believe they decide when you will have the ceremony. I am in the same boat. I have a trip in February (very early). Oath Ceremony is next week. Hope I get the passport AND then apply for the visa for the country I am going to in time

Thanks, 

 

Hopefully I will have early oath ceremony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Every office sets up oath ceremonies that suit them locally. There is no standard. It could be an office that does their ceremony "3rd Wednesdays of each month", or only every other month, or some do same day. 

 

Some mail out invitations in a week... or a month.  I was told to wait in the lobby about 30 minutes after the interview and an oath letter would be handed to me. It was for the following month ceremony. I've know of other offices that tell morning interviews, "Want to do your oath at 1 pm today?"

 

 

Thanks for your reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×