R. Wolfe

Questions about Packet 3 MRV Fee via EFT

6 posts in this topic

We just finished the online D-160 and I want to pay the $265 "MRV" fee for a K-1 visa application so we can send in Packet 3.

Since I am in the states I want to do this via Electronic Funds Transfer as outlined by USTravelDocs.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/th/th-niv-paymentinfo.asp  lists the following instructions:

1. Enter the following beneficiary details in your online banking form to complete your ACH Transfer (SMART) in THB only: 
    Beneficiary Bank: Bank of America N.A., Bangkok Branch
    SWIFT CODE: BOFATH2X
    Bank Sort Code: 0270001
    Account Number: 'Your Unique Virtual Account Number’
    Amount: xxx.00 THB Only

But the guy at my bank here in Pittsburgh needs to know the name and address of whomever is receiving the funds. Would that be the embassy?

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit

120-122 Wireless Road, Lumpini

Bangkok 10330

Or is there some third party that handles this? I wonder since TravelDocs is a commercial, rather than government, site - and the in-person Krungsri Bank deposit ticket also lists a "Bank of Ayudhaya PCL".

Also, can I send $265 since that is the listed fee and it equates to 9010 Baht (at least for the next few days according to USTravelDocs) - or do I have to go through the extra steps of having my bank do the EFT in Baht?

My bank can only do foreign currency exchange on weekdays and I was hoping to get this done ASAP - but I guess that's not an issue now since I need to wait on these answers regardless...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why not just have your fiancé do it. It would be much less confusing and it’s all done through the Thai bank system.  Also I believe a copy of the receipt from the bank is necessary   It’s been a while for us but the transaction you described sounds like a hassle 

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

About the "original" receipt being sent in; I don't think that there is anything about an EFT receipt (signature in ink, a stamp, raised seal, etc.) that would make it any different than the original piece of paper?

And I'm not sure why it would matter as long as the money went through and you have a piece of paper with the numbers etc.. Seems like another hoop for the sake of hoops.

Edited by x3n

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
13 hours ago, x3n said:

We just finished the online D-160 and I want to pay the $265 "MRV" fee for a K-1 visa application so we can send in Packet 3.

Since I am in the states I want to do this via Electronic Funds Transfer as outlined by USTravelDocs.

When I was at this stage, I as well considered using the EFT procedure, but instructions seemed vague and I was unsuccessful finding any discussion in the forum of success doing so.  So I elected to have my Fiancée process the transaction following the procedure for payment at the Krung Sri Bank.  (Krung Sri has branch offices probably in just about every province/city, so travel should not be too far to get to one of their offices)  Being so close to having everything complete in the K1 process, I did not want to take the risk of something going wrong.

That being said, if you do proceed, please educate us on what you learned.   I am sure others following you will be grateful to have the information and acknowledgement that it all worked out in the end.   Best wishes!

I sent my question to support@ustraveldocs.com. They were unable to give me a name and address for who or what would be receiving the visa application fee so, at least at my bank (PNC Pittsburgh), an Electronic Funds Transfer is not possible.

The long response from USTravelDocs looked like sections of various stock answers that a non-native English speaker had cut-and-pasted into a reply. Nowhere was my actual question addressed, but  one part said:

"Please do informed that we cannot assist you further regarding with the payment process. " so that's that.  I'm not going to risk antagonizing someone in a position to torpedo our application by asking for clarification (or someone who speaks English) - and I'm certainly NOT going to fill out the "feedback and suggestions" form that they link at the end of their response :) 

I've sent the money, paperwork, and instructions to my fiancee' in Bangkok to try paying at Krungsri in person. We'll see how that goes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The reply that you got would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic.  Commendations on your persistence and flexibility.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.