ram1009

K1 physical exam for fiance

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know what the K1 physical exam entails?  My guess would be to check for communicable diseases but I wonder what else.  Anybody know?

10 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Does anyone know what the K1 physical exam entails?  My guess would be to check for communicable diseases but I wonder what else.  Anybody know?

It's country specific what they look for.

What country is the fiancé in?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

3 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Philippines

My area of expertise:

Yes basically looking for TB / VD.

Now if they have smoked weed and admit they will have to do a psychological evaluation as well.  If they have been married and had an annulment then that's a psych test as well, if they had an abortion that a psych test as well.

And after you fiancé passed the medical and USEM interview, they will have to do the dog and pony show and go to CFO seminar and get a CFO stamp on the passport to be able to leave country.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

My area of expertise:

Yes basically looking for TB / VD.

Now if they have smoked weed and admit they will have to do a psychological evaluation as well.  If they have been married and had an annulment then that's a psych test as well, if they had an abortion that a psych test as well.

And after you fiancé passed the medical and USEM interview, they will have to do the dog and pony show and go to CFO seminar and get a CFO stamp on the passport to be able to leave country.

well, she won't need a psych test but I don't know what USEM is or CFO stand for.  Please clarify if you can.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

well, she won't need a psych test but I don't know what USEM is or CFO stand for.  Please clarify if you can.  Thanks.

USEM - United States Embassy in Manila - Where she does the actual interview

CFO - https://www.cfo.gov.ph/  If she goes in there being timid or shy, they will be on her like a chicken on june bug.  They like to pray on the meek there and play head games with them while conducting the interviews.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

USEM - United States Embassy in Manila - Where she does the actual interview

CFO - https://www.cfo.gov.ph/  If she goes in there being timid or shy, they will be on her like a chicken on june bug.  They like to pray on the meek there and play head games with them while conducting the interviews.

Thanks for the info.  She says she has been to pre-departure seminars before so hopefully there won't be any surprises.  She is 68 years old so I think she can handle herself.  Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

Thanks for the info.  She says she has been to pre-departure seminars before so hopefully there won't be any surprises.  She is 68 years old so I think she can handle herself.  Thanks again.

She is exempt then, read the CFO exemption list

She can just get the sticker, it can be gotten at NAIA airport in Manila or go to Manila CFO location

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

She is exempt then, read the CFO exemption list

She can just get the sticker, it can be gotten at NAIA airport in Manila or go to Manila CFO location

I searched for "exemption list" on the CFO website and got no relevant hits.  What exactly is she exempt from.  Is it because of her age?  Also, I don't know what sticker you're talking about.  Sorry to be so ignorant.

8 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I searched for "exemption list" on the CFO website and got no relevant hits.  What exactly is she exempt from.  Is it because of her age?  Also, I don't know what sticker you're talking about.  Sorry to be so ignorant.

RE-DEPARTURE ORIENTATION SEMINAR (PDOS)
Reservation & Registration (R&R)
PDOS 

I am an Immigrant Visa holder who needs to register and take the PDOS or Peer Counselling session

Go there it is on the first screen of CFO, Hit Register it will bring up an exemption list. Yes 60 and over is exempt, she just has to pay the fee.  they will attach a CFO sticker inside her Philippines Passport that say she has the CFO Stamp.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

RE-DEPARTURE ORIENTATION SEMINAR (PDOS)
Reservation & Registration (R&R)
PDOS 

I am an Immigrant Visa holder who needs to register and take the PDOS or Peer Counselling session

Go there it is on the first screen of CFO, Hit Register it will bring up an exemption list. Yes 60 and over is exempt, she just has to pay the fee.  they will attach a CFO sticker inside her Philippines Passport that say she has the CFO Stamp.

I read that whole screen twice and it appears to me the only thing she is exempt from is making an appointment to attend a seminar.  She still needs to register at a different website and then show up one hour previous to a seminar for "administrative procedures".  It also says that appointments are free even though she doesn't need to make one.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

2 minutes ago, ram1009 said:

I read that whole screen twice and it appears to me the only thing she is exempt from is making an appointment to attend a seminar.  She still needs to register at a different website and then show up one hour previous to a seminar for "administrative procedures".  It also says that appointments are free even though she doesn't need to make one.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

It the Philippines they want her money, that what is CFO is all about.

She pay, and gets the sticker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, ram1009 said:

Check for vital signs,cuts,teeth checkup,ultrasound,ECG,x-ray,urin test,blood test,nose ear and throat check up...that’s all if i recall

*~*~*moved from “K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures” to “embassy discussion” - question about the medical.  

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
5 hours ago, JFH said:

*~*~*moved from “K-1 fiancé visa process and procedures” to “embassy discussion” - question about the medical.  

Sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning for moving this thread.  It would have never occurred to me to put it where you did.  Please enlighten me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.