seganku

Guangzhou K-1 visa process (sanity check request)

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

is there a shortcut between P3 and P4 tho? lol I feel it's gonna take them forever to send out my P3.... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, buttercup said:

is there a shortcut between P3 and P4 tho? lol I feel it's gonna take them forever to send out my P3.... 

I did find this page: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/GUZ_P3_Shortcut

But none of the links worked.  And it was pretty old.

And I don't want to do anything that might look "fishy", especially in the current political climate.

I did some timeline searches, and it appeared that most recent K-1 at Guangzhou have been getting their P3 about 4-10 days after the consulate receives the petition.

Last night when I talked to my fiancé, she was holding an EMS envelope that she was using as a folder to keep documents.

Alas, it was not the EMS envelope I was hoping for.  Ha!

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, buttercup said:

You and I are in the same boat! my case became ready on the 6th. Lord Jesus. it is nerve-racking. thank you so much for this post!

Actually we just got done with the interview.  A reminder don’t just rely on the status update online.  The status update online is so random it will drive you nut.  I am sure you will be fine.  If I can be of any help, please don’t hesitate to ask.  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Timeline
38 minutes ago, buttercup said:

Y'all got your P3 yet?

Nope, nothing yet.

It looks like most "Received By Consulate" -> "Received Packet 3" are in the 4-10 day range, although there are some outliers.

Visa Type : [K1], Service Center : [All], Beneficiaries Country : [China], Consulate/Embassy : [Guangzhou, China], I129F NOA 2 After 2018-05-01, I129F NOA 2 Before 2018-12-01, Local Office : [All]

I'll be pretty happy if we're in that range, although if we are outside of that range, I'll just be happy later.  Ha!

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Timeline

That's the right mindset! I wish I were not this anxious. this whole process really got the best of me...... smh 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, buttercup said:

@Hello729Thank you so much for offering. I am just so anxious and wish just get over this process faster :(

You are right it is very nerve racking.

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Timeline

Wait a sec.. You can submit the ds160 before receiving p3? i have everything filed but it states I have to receive the p3 package before i hit submit... lol 

Timeline
8 hours ago, buttercup said:

Wait a sec.. You can submit the ds160 before receiving p3? i have everything filed but it states I have to receive the p3 package before i hit submit... lol 

Where do you see that?

I did not see anything saying we needed to wait, but there was really no reason to rush it.  We just wanted to have everything together, and ready to send back once the P3 arrives.  It wouldn't be much more trouble to sign/submit/print, then mail.

One note:
Once the DS-160 is signed electronically, it is no longer possible to "Print Application", you can only Print Confirmation/Email Confirmation.  If you'd like a printout of the entire document, print it out before signing (maybe?).  The only thing needed for the interview is the confirmation page.

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 8:38 PM, buttercup said:

That's the right mindset! I wish I were not this anxious. this whole process really got the best of me...... smh 

I've been watching these two (@Shen and @miawang)for movement.  Alas, nothing has shown up yet.

image.png.084917a60e6ff3ee5f5b82644704c893.png  

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Timeline
7 hours ago, seganku said:

I've been watching these two (@Shen and @miawang)for movement.  Alas, nothing has shown up yet.

Hi guys, sorry to tell you this information, from the several people I know who just received their P3 packet recently, the range they waited for the packet 3 is from 3 weeks to 40 days after the Guangzhou consulate received their case. 

So, be patient. Start prepare your relationship evidence, the I-134 form and supporting documents, the DS-160 and etc... make yourself busy, time flies...

Timeline
13 hours ago, seganku said:

Where do you see that?

I did not see anything saying we needed to wait, but there was really no reason to rush it.  We just wanted to have everything together, and ready to send back once the P3 arrives.  It wouldn't be much more trouble to sign/submit/print, then mail.

One note:
Once the DS-160 is signed electronically, it is no longer possible to "Print Application", you can only Print Confirmation/Email Confirmation.  If you'd like a printout of the entire document, print it out before signing (maybe?).  The only thing needed for the interview is the confirmation page.

yo. i read it wrong. thanks for the look out. really appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, miawang said:

Hi guys, sorry to tell you this information, from the several people I know who just received their P3 packet recently, the range they waited for the packet 3 is from 3 weeks to 40 days after the Guangzhou consulate received their case. 

So, be patient. Start prepare your relationship evidence, the I-134 form and supporting documents, the DS-160 and etc... make yourself busy, time flies...

I got everything ready except medical..... ugh 40 days.. damn.. 

Timeline
On 12/15/2018 at 3:04 AM, seganku said:

Hi guys, an update, my case changed to AP this afternoon. Guess I will receive packet 3 within few days.

FYI, I waited 20 days for my case to change to AP from READY.

Timeline

saw in the group chat you have received your P3! CONGRATS. My status changed to AP a couple days ago so I think ima receive mine sooooon (I pray lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.