Jump to content
seganku

Guangzhou K-1 visa process (sanity check request)

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am requesting a sanity check, to ensure I'm not missing anything.

 

The NVC has forwarded my petition to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, and CEAC shows "Ready".

 

While we are waiting for P3 ..

  • we've completed the DS-160 and printed four (4) confirmation pages; three (3) in English, one (1) in Chinese
  • copy of personal information page of passport
  • prepared two (2) photographs

These will be mailed back to the consulate as soon as the P3 arrives.

 

Then, I am expecting we'll get a P4 (email?), and we can:

  1. schedule the interview
  2. get medical exam; get medical exam packet and x-rays
  3. go to interview, with everything listed in this link.

 

Am I missing anything?  (Help!  I think my brain is full .. ha!)

 

Thank you so much!


Spoiler

2018-04-27 -- NOA1

2018-10-22 -- NOA2

2018-11-13 -- NVC received
2018-11-23 -- NVC case number assigned

2018-11-29 -- NVC case forwarded

2018-12-04 -- Consulate (Guangzhou) received

2018-12-22 -- P3 received in Shenzhen

 

Obligatory ticker:
event.png
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, seganku said:

I am requesting a sanity check, to ensure I'm not missing anything.

 

The NVC has forwarded my petition to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, and CEAC shows "Ready".

 

While we are waiting for P3 ..

  • we've completed the DS-160 and printed four (4) confirmation pages; three (3) in English, one (1) in Chinese
  • copy of personal information page of passport
  • prepared two (2) photographs

These will be mailed back to the consulate as soon as the P3 arrives.

 

Then, I am expecting we'll get a P4 (email?), and we can:

  1. schedule the interview
  2. get medical exam; get medical exam packet and x-rays
  3. go to interview, with everything listed in this link.

 

Am I missing anything?  (Help!  I think my brain is full .. ha!)

 

Thank you so much!

We just got done with the process.  Look like you are well prepared.


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hello729 said:

Are you planning on going to the interview?

I was not planning to attend.  I was under the impression the Guangzhou Consulate did not allow petitioners to attend K-1 interviews.  Is my information out of date?  How is that done?  Can I even get into the consulate without an appointment?

I got a Certificate of Marriageability at the Guangzhou Consulate in March (before we decided to go the K-1 route), and it seemed difficult to get in.


Spoiler

2018-04-27 -- NOA1

2018-10-22 -- NOA2

2018-11-13 -- NVC received
2018-11-23 -- NVC case number assigned

2018-11-29 -- NVC case forwarded

2018-12-04 -- Consulate (Guangzhou) received

2018-12-22 -- P3 received in Shenzhen

 

Obligatory ticker:
event.png
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, seganku said:

I was not planning to attend.  I was under the impression the Guangzhou Consulate did not allow petitioners to attend K-1 interviews.  Is my information out of date?  How is that done?  Can I even get into the consulate without an appointment?

I got a Certificate of Marriageability at the Guangzhou Consulate in March (before we decided to go the K-1 route), and it seemed difficult to get in.

No, you can.


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hello729 said:

I am curious why you have to get your Certificate of Marriageability at the Guangzhou Consulate?  Unless you are from there?  

I'm from the San Diego area.

 

We'd discussed getting married while I visited her in China, but decided to do a K-1 instead.  Getting to the consulate was actually quite convenient, and seemed to be the easiest way to get the document.  It didn't take too long.


Spoiler

2018-04-27 -- NOA1

2018-10-22 -- NOA2

2018-11-13 -- NVC received
2018-11-23 -- NVC case number assigned

2018-11-29 -- NVC case forwarded

2018-12-04 -- Consulate (Guangzhou) received

2018-12-22 -- P3 received in Shenzhen

 

Obligatory ticker:
event.png
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hello729 said:

What you do is you give your finance your passport to bring it in, proving that you are there.  

And she'll show it at security, or the counter inside, or where?  How do I get in, now that I am lacking my passport?


Spoiler

2018-04-27 -- NOA1

2018-10-22 -- NOA2

2018-11-13 -- NVC received
2018-11-23 -- NVC case number assigned

2018-11-29 -- NVC case forwarded

2018-12-04 -- Consulate (Guangzhou) received

2018-12-22 -- P3 received in Shenzhen

 

Obligatory ticker:
event.png
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, seganku said:

And she'll show it at security, or the counter inside, or where?  How do I get in, now that I am lacking my passport?

 

She'll lay it on the counter, in front of the Visa Officer, to make sure that they know you're present.

 

American citizens are allowed in the Consulate at ANY time, upon presentation of your passport. Unfortunately, SHE will have it with her - just wait outside. Although it IS possible to co-mingle with the visa applicants, you generally won't be able to anyway, and will NOT be allowed to be present at the interview.


[color="green"][b][size=2][font="Trebuchet Ms"]Randy and Jiaying[/size][/b][/color] ............................................ [img]http://tinypic.com/erbo02.gif[/img][/font]
[size=1][url="http://www.3dflags.com"]3D Flags.com[/url][font="Comic Sans Ms"]
玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure[/size][/font]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandyW said:

 

She'll lay it on the counter, in front of the Visa Officer, to make sure that they know you're present.

 

American citizens are allowed in the Consulate at ANY time, upon presentation of your passport. Unfortunately, SHE will have it with her - just wait outside. Although it IS possible to co-mingle with the visa applicants, you generally won't be able to anyway, and will NOT be allowed to be present at the interview.

This.


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, seganku said:

I'm from the San Diego area.

 

We'd discussed getting married while I visited her in China, but decided to do a K-1 instead.  Getting to the consulate was actually quite convenient, and seemed to be the easiest way to get the document.  It didn't take too long.

I see and that makes sense.  Did you get the little red book with both your names on it?  


Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hello729 said:

I see and that makes sense.  Did you get the little red book with both your names on it?  

Ha!  No, we did not get married :)


Spoiler

2018-04-27 -- NOA1

2018-10-22 -- NOA2

2018-11-13 -- NVC received
2018-11-23 -- NVC case number assigned

2018-11-29 -- NVC case forwarded

2018-12-04 -- Consulate (Guangzhou) received

2018-12-22 -- P3 received in Shenzhen

 

Obligatory ticker:
event.png
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You and I are in the same boat! my case became ready on the 6th. Lord Jesus. it is nerve-racking. thank you so much for this post!

Edited by buttercup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×