12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hey guys. Friday is the big day, so over the weekend i want to compile the AOS , EAD, AP forms and get them ready. Got a couple questions.
1. Vaccinations.. My fiance had all vaccinations done prior to coming to US (along with some during medical before embassy). Does she still have to go to Civil Surgeon, or USCIS will have vaccinations data?

2. Where USCIS process the EAD (Assuming im from NJ if that makes a difference).

3. I'm aware that only payment needed if submitting all at once is the AOS fee.

4. Do i need to separate the AOS, EAD, AP forms within the package? Separate folders? And do i need duplicate things for each form? Passport pictures, passport copies, or same person will adjudicate the whole package and sending 3 scans of the same passport, i-94 is not needed??

I'll probably add additional questions as i go, but these are the most confusing ones for me

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
56 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Hey guys. Friday is the big day, so over the weekend i want to compile the AOS , EAD, AP forms and get them ready. Got a couple questions.
1. Vaccinations.. My fiance had all vaccinations done prior to coming to US (along with some during medical before embassy). Does she still have to go to Civil Surgeon, or USCIS will have vaccinations data?

2. Where USCIS process the EAD (Assuming im from NJ if that makes a difference).

3. I'm aware that only payment needed if submitting all at once is the AOS fee.

4. Do i need to separate the AOS, EAD, AP forms within the package? Separate folders? And do i need duplicate things for each form? Passport pictures, passport copies, or same person will adjudicate the whole package and sending 3 scans of the same passport, i-94 is not needed??

I'll probably add additional questions as i go, but these are the most confusing ones for me

Thanks!

1. your DS-3025 should be fine to submit as long as it's marked complete on the bottom. you only go to civil surgeon if it's not complete or missing something.

2.EAD applications all go through National Benefit Center (I believe), your AOS depends more on your location.

3.AOS + Biometrics should be about $1225 https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

4.Just separate them bu clipping them separately, no need of folders as they are just getting thrown out. it's your preference.  I personally submitted these with each form: passport bio page, K1 visa and Entry stamp, i-94, marriage certificate, birth certificate (but let me add i was told i didnt need to submit duplicate because im filing with AOS) i submitted them just incase. didn't want to receive and RFE.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

1. your DS-3025 should be fine to submit as long as it's marked complete on the bottom. you only go to civil surgeon if it's not complete or missing something.

2.EAD applications all go through National Benefit Center (I believe), your AOS depends more on your location.

3.AOS + Biometrics should be about $1225 https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

4.Just separate them bu clipping them separately, no need of folders as they are just getting thrown out. it's your preference.  I personally submitted these with each form: passport bio page, K1 visa and Entry stamp, i-94, marriage certificate, birth certificate (but let me add i was told i didnt need to submit duplicate because im filing with AOS) i submitted them just incase. didn't want to receive and RFE.

great. thanks for information!

Timeline

Looked over her’s ds 3025 and it seems like it was marked up as complete for immigrant. So no need to go to civil surgeon, right? I told her when she was still in Europe to get all these done, and the panel physician said at medical “you shouldn’t have done all these shots, but i’ll mark it up for you”. Duuuuh. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, PaulMac said:

Looked over her’s ds 3025 and it seems like it was marked up as complete for immigrant. So no need to go to civil surgeon, right? I told her when she was still in Europe to get all these done, and the panel physician said at medical “you shouldn’t have done all these shots, but i’ll mark it up for you”. Duuuuh. 

if it's marked complete on the bottom and you're filing within a year, you should be fine. no need for civil surgeon unless during the Interview stage, they ask you to do it again, but less likely for K1 applicants.

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
On 12/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, Lebanese23 said:

if it's marked complete on the bottom and you're filing within a year, you should be fine. no need for civil surgeon unless during the Interview stage, they ask you to do it again, but less likely for K1 applicants.

Hey,

Do i need to fill out the i-864A or Just the I-864?
When filing EAD, which category to fill in? C (9) ? holy moly these forms are confusing.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PaulMac said:

Hey,

Do i need to fill out the i-864A or Just the I-864?
When filing EAD, which category to fill in? C (9) ? holy moly these forms are confusing.

for sure I-864 (the USC must fill that out to sponsor their spouse)

I-864a is for those USC's family member that are supporting as well, if the USC doesn't make enough, for example they can use their parent, so the USC will fill out the I-864 and the second sponsor will fill out the I864A. 

I only filled out I-864 because I was making enough to support my husband. and you put (C)(9) as you are submitting it with green card application.

Edited by Lebanese23

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

for sure I-864 (the USC must fill that out to sponsor their spouse)

I-864a is for those USC's family member that are supporting as well, if the USC doesn't make enough, for example they can use their parent, so the USC will fill out the I-864 and the second sponsor will fill out the I864A. 

I only filled out I-864 because I was making enough to support my husband. and you put (C)(9) as you are submitting it with green card application.

Thank You! Sorry for all the silly questions. This adjustment packet is even more confusing than the i-129f...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

Thank You! Sorry for all the silly questions. This adjustment packet is even more confusing than the i-129f...

believe me I know! i thought it would easier now that we are together, nope!!! it's more of a headache and my now husband doesn't like papers or dealing with it, i just tell him to sign and I do everything. trying to prove his residency is a headache of it's own. im working on getting him a DL but that alone is pain in my ### because they are following their stupid rules.

Edited by Lebanese23

Timeline
3 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

also make sure you apply for SSN before filing so you can get them added to things while you wait.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

also make sure you apply for SSN before filing so you can get them added to things while you wait.

we actually did it the next morning after POE, to get it over with and before i forgot lol

2 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

believe me I know! i thought it would easier now that we are together, nope!!! it's more of a headache and my now husband doesn't like papers or dealing with it, i just tell him to sign and I do everything. trying to prove his residency is a headache of it's own. im working on getting him a DL but that alone is pain in my ### because they are following their stupid rules.

Same here. My now wife can't be bothered to do all that, so i gotta do it lol.
Yeah i went to wells fargo and they asked either for her SS or previous bank's (from EU) cards as a proof, which she had neither. So waiting for that god damn social sec card..
The whole adjustment of status form is so confusing, if not one, then other question raises eyebrow, then EAD, then AP.. 
AP i was confused whether i had to fill out the date and purpose of the trip, but i read somewhere to put "TBD", skip the trip purpose and that should be enough as they will see that im filling with adjustment of status and EAD, so they know its a long process. 
Anything additional to front load? Like i-129f? Or is it straight forward passport copies, i-94, vaccines, and forms?
Congratz on the recent wedding though!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, PaulMac said:

we actually did it the next morning after POE, to get it over with and before i forgot lol

Same here. My now wife can't be bothered to do all that, so i gotta do it lol.
Yeah i went to wells fargo and they asked either for her SS or previous bank's (from EU) cards as a proof, which she had neither. So waiting for that god damn social sec card..
The whole adjustment of status form is so confusing, if not one, then other question raises eyebrow, then EAD, then AP.. 
AP i was confused whether i had to fill out the date and purpose of the trip, but i read somewhere to put "TBD", skip the trip purpose and that should be enough as they will see that im filling with adjustment of status and EAD, so they know its a long process. 
Anything additional to front load? Like i-129f? Or is it straight forward passport copies, i-94, vaccines, and forms?
Congratz on the recent wedding though!

haha, sucks to be us but I'd rather do it since im super organized and dont want him forgetting anything important.  I pretty much left most of AP form blank, i didnt even put TBD lol. i filed just to file, we dont plan on using it really. The most important is EAD and GC.

The only thing i included from I-129F is a copy of our NOA2.

This is what my AOS cover letter included:

• Check for $1,225 (includes biometrics)
  • Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
  • Form I-485, Application to Adjustment of Status
  • 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation
  • Copy of Form DS-3025 Vaccination Records
  • Form I-864 Affidavit of Support & supporting documents:
    • Copy of biographical page of passport
    • Copy of birth certificate
    • Copy of 2017 IRS tax Transcript
    • Employment letter verification
    • Copies of most 6 recent Pay stubs

The EAD and AP are same stuff: these stuff are kinda optional because we are applying with AOS, but I didn't wanna risk about getting RFE so I submitted them with each form.

• Form I-131 OR I-765
  • 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.