Jump to content
LukeU

Police certificate (ACRO)

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

So we recently received our NOA2 earlier than expected and I’ve applied for my ACRO Police certificate, will a fixed penalty notice (paid for within the 28 days) approximately 8-10 years ago I believe for urinating in public (£80, young and dumb at the time) show up on this and/or require disclosing at interview?


Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Medical Booked: 02/08/2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the issuing authority it is hit and miss. Mine for littering didn’t. Not a criminal offence it’s a civil one I think so you don’t have to. 

Edited by AmandaandChayne

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

 

 

 

event.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LukeU said:

Hello, 

So we recently received our NOA2 earlier than expected and I’ve applied for my ACRO Police certificate, will a fixed penalty notice (paid for within the 28 days) approximately 8-10 years ago I believe for urinating in public (£80, young and dumb at the time) show up on this and/or require disclosing at interview?

You will know when you get your police certificate.

No trace  = nothing on your record

No live trace = something hidden that the US will want fully disclosed. You will then order a Subject Access report to get the full ACRO report of what was hidden, expunged, or stepped down. Even cautions count because you have effectively pleaded guilty to something by taking the caution.

Edited by Wuozopo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You will know when you get your police certificate.

No trace  = nothing on your record

No live trace = something hidden that the US will want fully disclosed. You will then order a Subject Access report to get the full ACRO report of what was hidden, expunged, or stepped down. Even cautions count because you have effectively pleaded guilty to something by taking the caution.

Many thanks. 

I wonder if it's worth just request the Subject Access Request ACRO report and see if they have anything to disclose? Saves taking the extra month should they need it. 


Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Medical Booked: 02/08/2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LukeU said:

Many thanks. 

I wonder if it's worth just request the Subject Access Request ACRO report and see if they have anything to disclose? Saves taking the extra month should they need it. 

 

For some reason I think you may need both, so sure if you want to spend the money. The SAR can take 8 weeks I think. I recall an interview report were a guy only ordered SAR. He said the interviewer told him he needed the police report. But because his SAR happened to include ???? then he was going to allow it. I'm sorry I can't remember what they were needing. The only part that sticks with me is that he was told SAR alone wasn't enough. You might try to speak to ACRO on the phone and ask about your incident and if it would have been recorded. And maybe what ID info might be on the police report that may not be on the SAR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

 

For some reason I think you may need both, so sure if you want to spend the money. The SAR can take 8 weeks I think. I recall an interview report were a guy only ordered SAR. He said the interviewer told him he needed the police report. But because his SAR happened to include ???? then he was going to allow it. I'm sorry I can't remember what they were needing. The only part that sticks with me is that he was told SAR alone wasn't enough. You might try to speak to ACRO on the phone and ask about your incident and if it would have been recorded. And maybe what ID info might be on the police report that may not be on the SAR.

Not a problem many thanks. 

 

I've already got my ACRO requested. I've just phoned them and they're unable to say if it will be on there or not, it will be on the SAR which I have already requested (just incase it is on the ACRO) as I don't want to postpone anything +1 Month at least.

SARs are free thankfully so it was just the £45 for the ACRO which will be ready in 10 days, although I'll probably be in the US then visiting for Christmas :-) 

 

Thanks for oyur help @Wuozopo

 


Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Medical Booked: 02/08/2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LukeU said:

Not a problem many thanks. 

 

I've already got my ACRO requested. I've just phoned them and they're unable to say if it will be on there or not, it will be on the SAR which I have already requested (just incase it is on the ACRO) as I don't want to postpone anything +1 Month at least.

SARs are free thankfully so it was just the £45 for the ACRO which will be ready in 10 days, although I'll probably be in the US then visiting for Christmas 🙂

 

Thanks for oyur help @Wuozopo

 

Good info you got. I thought SAR had a fee. And good job calling the source...ACRO. 

 

So many people ask questions on here and are afraid to speak to the source. I used the forums to get a clue where I should go investigate. There's too many wrong answers in forums so going straight to the horses mouth is a good habit. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2018 at 2:02 PM, Wuozopo said:

Good info you got. I thought SAR had a fee. And good job calling the source...ACRO. 

 

So many people ask questions on here and are afraid to speak to the source. I used the forums to get a clue where I should go investigate. There's too many wrong answers in forums so going straight to the horses mouth is a good habit. 👍

So although the ACRO certificate say it'll be 10 business days until dispatch (exluding the date you order and the date they dispatch it), I received mine today which was only 5 business days from ordering. 

SAR report says it takes 30 days, I received that yesterday. 

 

ACRO certificate "NO TRACE", after reading through the SAR a FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) although is classed as a 'summons to arrest' as it is stated, by paying the fine and not going to court, you are not accepting guilt. These are also classed as "Non-Convictions" so it's all clear. 

 

So for weeks worrying about a stupid thing that happened almost 10 years ago now, I'm all ready for our LDN case number to finally get this medical booked! 

Edited by LukeU

Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Medical Booked: 02/08/2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeU said:

So although the ACRO certificate say it'll be 10 business days until dispatch (exluding the date you order and the date they dispatch it), I received mine today which was only 5 business days from ordering. 

SAR report says it takes 30 days, I received that yesterday. 

 

ACRO certificate "NO TRACE", after reading through the SAR a FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) although is classed as a 'summons to arrest' as it is stated, by paying the fine and not going to court, you are not accepting guilt. These are also classed as "Non-Convictions" so it's all clear. 

 

So for weeks worrying about a stupid thing that happened almost 10 years ago now, I'm all ready for our LDN case number to finally get this medical booked! 

 

It feels settling to have all the information and be prepared. 😊 

Good job mate.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

 

It feels settling to have all the information and be prepared. 😊 

Good job mate.

 

 

 

Absolutely it does and always good to throw it on the VJ forums for the next person to be searching for a little information about it 🙂

 

Getting closer now! 


Met while I was on holiday:  11/01/2017

Agreed that we were an item: 11/09/2017

She said yes: 04/06/2018

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA1 dated: 06/14/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Medical Booked: 02/08/2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×