Jump to content

AOS employment information

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts



I came to the US on a K1 and am currently working on the AOS paperwork. At this time I am still employed in my homecountry but I am not working as I am entitled to 2 years of paid maternity leave that has just started. Will that cause problems for me to adjust status?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am only employed on papers in my homecountry - my work contract is still active (I did not quit), but I am not working at all (not even remotely).


I am entitled to 2 years maternity leave in my homecountry, which means that I don't have to work at all but I can receive money from the government as support for the baby. My employer will not pay me anything during these 2 years.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.