ujones

Mumbai Counsulate

13 posts in this topic

I’m so confused & need help please. My fiancé is from India & we are waiting for NOA2. So once I receive the NVC case no can he fill the DS160 & schedule for medical & interview or should he wait for letter from embassy ? Do they send letter to petitioner too ? I saw that Mumbai counsulate doesn’t hve a packet 3 for K1 visa. Also for the interview I don’t hve any new pictures as we just met third time right before filing & I hve already sent those pictures with 1-129. Should I duplicate the same pictures for interview too ? Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, ujones said:

I’m so confused & need help please. My fiancé is from India & we are waiting for NOA2. So once I receive the NVC case no can he fill the DS160 & schedule for medical & interview or should he wait for letter from embassy ? Do they send letter to petitioner too ? I saw that Mumbai counsulate doesn’t hve a packet 3 for K1 visa. Also for the interview I don’t hve any new pictures as we just met third time right before filing & I hve already sent those pictures with 1-129. Should I duplicate the same pictures for interview too ? Thanks in advance. 

Some Embassy's may be different, but most people once they get their case number from the NVC complete the DS-160 and pay the fee. Once the fee processes you should be able to schedule the medical and interview online a few weeks out to allow time for your packet to be sent to the embassy. Make sure you print out the confirmation  page that you completed the Ds-160 and the payment confirmation. I even took a screen shot and printed that out as well. 

As for the pictures I would absolutely duplicate and have them available. Do the same process on the back of the pictures as you did for the I-129F form: who's in the pic, date pic taken. name of location you are in the picture, etc. 

Best of luck to you both during this process. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, ujones said:

Hi @ujones whenever you got the Noa2 ill suggest you fill the ds 160 and pay the fees bcz 8 to 24 hrs for fee update . Once you get your noa2 after that your case will be transferred to NVC they will keep your case at aleast 2 week in which they will assign your case starting with BMB once your case is ready and transferred to local consulate ie your mumbai bandra you will get the packet4 from mumbai consulate which will have your i129 copy packet4 check list within 10 days , fiance who is in states will get the k1 ftp as well once your noa2 is approved which will state your info your info and further process . 

Now the struggle part for interview appointments for k1 is only on fridays by mumbai consulate , 2 months ie 60 days of window they have in which you have to select any friday and 2 or 3 days prior to your interview go for vac( biometrics and photograph )  7 to 10 days before interview medical with vaccination . Dont get delay in terms of scheduling appointment in my case i was delayed for my case first date was 22th dec but later on 9 th nov was available so ill suggest you go the cgi website make your account pay the fees once fee is updated book

your appointment and carefully submit the ds 160 once its updated you cannot do any change .

For interview 

it will be 10 mins of interview for

on going relationship you guys can show your pictures , chat screen shot , call logs screen shot , gifts exchanged slips , her / his tickets copy and boarding pass copy whichever pics you have together you can show , if you have done engagement you can show those pics where your family and his / her family is there . 

For further info about timelines you can go through mine and for whole interview experience go thorough with @A_R timeline bcz we both had interview on same day and even 90% question were same . 

One imp thing tell your fiance to go for pcc that is imp pcc should be latest from regional passport office incase your fiance resided any other country apart from india more than year they require pcc from others country too

Edited by Jas1305

3 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

Hi @ujones whenever you got the Noa2 ill suggest you fill the ds 160 and pay the fees bcz 8 to 24 hrs for fee update . Once you get your noa2 after that your case will be transferred to NVC they will keep your case at aleast 2 week in which they will assign your case starting with BMB once your case is ready and transferred to local consulate ie your mumbai bandra you will get the packet4 from mumbai consulate which will have your i129 copy packet4 check list within 10 days , fiance who is in states will get the k1 ftp as well once your noa2 is approved which will state your info your info and further process . 

Now the struggle part for interview appointments for k1 is only on fridays by mumbai consulate , 2 months ie 60 days of window they have in which you have to select any friday and 2 or 3 days prior to your interview go for vac( biometrics and photograph )  7 to 10 days before interview medical with vaccination . Dont get delay in terms of scheduling appointment in my case i was delayed for my case first date was 22th dec but later on 9 th nov was available so ill suggest you go the cgi website make your account pay the fees once fee is updated book

your appointment and carefully submit the ds 160 once its updated you cannot do any change .

For interview 

it will be 10 mins of interview for

on going relationship you guys can show your pictures , chat screen shot , call logs screen shot , gifts exchanged slips , her / his tickets copy and boarding pass copy whichever pics you have together you can show , if you have done engagement you can show those pics where your family and his / her family is there . 

For further info about timelines you can go through mine and for whole interview experience go thorough with @A_R timeline bcz we both had interview on same day and even 90% question were same . 

I really appreciate you taking your time Jas 1305. So as soon as NOA2 is received I can create an account , pay the fee , fill Ds160 ( can we get a sample to fill prior to filling it online to ensure no mistakes ? )& schedule for medical & interview , right ?  I don’t hve to wait till I get packet 4. Feeling very stressed about everything. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ujones said:

I really appreciate you taking your time Jas 1305. So as soon as NOA2 is received I can create an account , pay the fee , fill Ds160 ( can we get a sample to fill prior to filling it online to ensure no mistakes ? )& schedule for medical & interview , right ?  I don’t hve to wait till I get packet 4. Feeling very stressed about everything. 

My pleasure , account creation will take 10 mins and before going for ds 160 on youtube lots of tutorials are there for ds 160 even for how to book an appointment for k1 , once you start your ds 160 you have complete it in 30 days dont forget to take a screenshot of ds 160 where the unique ds 160 number is there and print out the confirmation page of ds 160 once you are done medical can be done before 10 days or week before your interview they will ask your passport and front and last copy of your passport ,4 photographs passport size and case number from nvc so you can take k1 ftp copy along with you or other papers which have your nvc and uscis receipt number , rest go through with my timeline you will get idea .

Make sure once you get nao2 after week you can call to nvc to check whether they have received your case from uscis , on which date , whether they have created case number for your case because they will provide  casenumber and invoice id  . You have to be active on internet at ceac website where you can put your casenumber and check whats the status but you can check only once your casenumber is created atleast 2 to 4 weeks they keep case with them be proactive call them once noa2 is approved after week as for case number , keep checking the status and meanwhile ready your documents and other things

Timeline
2 hours ago, ujones said:

@Jas1305, Thankyou. Where did you get your medical done ? Chennai is close to us as he’s from south. Do you think he should plan to be there for 2-3 days for medical ? Do they give results the same day ?

Hi , 

my medical was in delhi check the approved pannel list if they say they have in chennai go for that call them book a date they will give some insturctions and paperwork for my medical case they took 3 days for medical result thats why there should be a good gap like 10 to 7 days medical gonna take around 1.5 to 2 hours depend on rush over there and vaccination will take 15 mins thats it 

Timeline
On 11/29/2018 at 6:24 AM, ujones said:

@ujones What is your date that you filed your K1? My Date is October 5th

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 2:46 PM, Jas1305 said:

My pleasure , account creation will take 10 mins and before going for ds 160 on youtube lots of tutorials are there for ds 160 even for how to book an appointment for k1 , once you start your ds 160 you have complete it in 30 days dont forget to take a screenshot of ds 160 where the unique ds 160 number is there and print out the confirmation page of ds 160 once you are done medical can be done before 10 days or week before your interview they will ask your passport and front and last copy of your passport ,4 photographs passport size and case number from nvc so you can take k1 ftp copy along with you or other papers which have your nvc and uscis receipt number , rest go through with my timeline you will get idea .

Make sure once you get nao2 after week you can call to nvc to check whether they have received your case from uscis , on which date , whether they have created case number for your case because they will provide  casenumber and invoice id  . You have to be active on internet at ceac website where you can put your casenumber and check whats the status but you can check only once your casenumber is created atleast 2 to 4 weeks they keep case with them be proactive call them once noa2 is approved after week as for case number , keep checking the status and meanwhile ready your documents and other things

@Jas1305, what’s FTP that you have mentioned here ? 

Edited by ujones

Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, ujones said:

K1 ftp you will get once your noa 2 approved and uscis will transfer your case to nvc and nvc will send to the local

embassy (mumbai )so in that ftp mail all

the details of beneficiary name case number uscis receipt number petitioner name and address of embassy where your interview will be done , you can ask your fiance bcz medical team need that with 4 photographs passport front and last page appointment letter copy and nvc case number that you can show k1 ftp 

Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 8:48 PM, ujones said:

You said your noa2 got approved on 30th dec did you called nvc whether they have created case number and whats the status at ceac its in transit or ready ? For medical make sure you call them and ask about they require appointment letter too , sometimes they ask , oncd you case is ready within 10 days you will get a packet from local embassy with i129 f and imbra paper too which will tell you about your right and make a decent gap between medical ofc and interview , i did medical in delhi On 31 oct , 05 th nov ofc , 9th interview , 16 th nov i picked my passport from delhi ofc centre where i have given fingerprints 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.