Yuriwales

Visiting U.S after Submitting DS-160 and before Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, If anyone could help me here again it is much appreciated 🙂 Sorry I am bit nervous for all these process...! 

I completed and submitted the DS-160 form as I would like to book an interview for January. but I will be travelling to U.S from 8th - 27th DEC (Arriving back home in UK on 29th)

to spend time with my Fiancé over Christmas.. (can't wait!!!) 

Can I book an interview with current DS-160 Number, but as it will be over 30days rules to retrieve the application by the time I am back from U.S  I presume that I would need to complete new DS-160. In this case, How do you update the new DS-160 number with embassy prior to the interview? (If so how long before the interview I should complete the new DS-160?) 

Thanks again for your help.. 

The packet is in transit today (yaaaaay!) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Yuriwales said:

Hi, If anyone could help me here again it is much appreciated 🙂 Sorry I am bit nervous for all these process...! 

I completed and submitted the DS-160 form as I would like to book an interview for January. but I will be travelling to U.S from 8th - 27th DEC (Arriving back home in UK on 29th)

to spend time with my Fiancé over Christmas.. (can't wait!!!) 

Can I book an interview with current DS-160 Number, but as it will be over 30days rules to retrieve the application by the time I am back from U.S  I presume that I would need to complete new DS-160. In this case, How do you update the new DS-160 number with embassy prior to the interview? (If so how long before the interview I should complete the new DS-160?) 

Thanks again for your help.. 

The packet is in transit today (yaaaaay!) 

What is the 30 days rules?  You do not need to do another DS-160. You completed and submitted it. It's fine.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What is the 30 days rules?  You do not need to do another DS-160. You completed and submitted it. It's fine.

Hi, sorry I didn't explain clear. I didn't include the coming U.S trip in DS-160 as this has not been made yet, I read that I can retrieve the application under the saved current ones if it is within 30days, but if it passes more than 30days, I presume that I need to create new one. In order to update the coming trip onto DS-160 after  I come back from U.S, it passes 30 days. Sorry bit complicated.. or maybe I am over thinking...! Your advice is much appreciated 🙂 Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Yuriwales

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yuriwales said:

Hi, sorry I didn't explain clear. I didn't include the coming U.S trip in DS-160 as this has not been made yet, I read that I can retrieve the application under the saved current ones if it is within 30days, but if it passes more than 30days, I presume that I need to create new one. In order to update the coming trip onto DS-160 after  I come back from U.S, it passes 30 days. Sorry bit complicated.. or maybe I am over thinking...! Your advice is much appreciated 🙂 Thank you in advance. 

This is on the London website. It says DS-260 (spouse visa application) but the same concept applies to your DS-160 for fiancés. 

If you have made an error when completing the DS-260 you are required to correct the error and re-transmit it if the error concerns the Background and Security questions or passport number.  Please contact us through our website as we will be required to unlock your case before you can amend the information.  If the error is in the biographic details, you may notify the consular officer on the day of your interview and take no further action.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

This is on the London website. It says DS-260 (spouse visa application) but the same concept applies to your DS-160 for fiancés. 

If you have made an error when completing the DS-260 you are required to correct the error and re-transmit it if the error concerns the Background and Security questions or passport number.  Please contact us through our website as we will be required to unlock your case before you can amend the information.  If the error is in the biographic details, you may notify the consular officer on the day of your interview and take no further action.

Thank you so much for the link, and your advice 🙂 Really appreciated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.