Thithologyqueen

No GP Summary

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone - I've been a lurker until now however I've searched throughout this forum with no luck yet on a similar situation to ours and I know how helpful these forums can be.  We received NOA2 and are awaiting a case number so we can schedule the medical however my fiance (beneficiary) has spent several years working in different countries with work visas and has not seen a UK GP in over a decade or so.  We are going to try to get some sort of record for him (if any exists) but are concerned this will prove difficult.  I emailed Knightsbridge who said if he doesn't have records, then he should go see a  new GP and get a form that says "new client, no medical history".  I can't imagine this is acceptable for a visa approval.  We do have his medical records from the other countries he's worked in.  Has anyone else had a similar situation and how was it resolved?  Thanks! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Thithologyqueen said:

then he should go see a  new GP and get a form that says "new client, no medical history".

Follow Knightsbridge's instructions.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Follow Knightsbridge's instructions.

Yes - we intend to.  Just curious if anyone had successfully provided something similar or attempted to provide that but was then asked for additional documentation of any kind.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Thithologyqueen said:

emailed Knightsbridge who said if he doesn't have records, then he should go see a  new GP and get a form that says "new client, no medical history".  I can't imagine this is acceptable for a visa approval.  We do have his medical records from the other countries he's worked in.  Has anyone else had a similar situation and how was it resolved?  Thanks! 

People have been granted visas for years without a GP summary. It is something newish that Knightsbridge clinic added as their own requirement. I suspect it is because people could answer their questionnaire any way they wanted because Knightsbridge have no access to your health records. 

"Have you had depression?" No

"Have you ever done drugs?" No

So by requesting that summary, they might be able to catch out a few that have a hint of something that shows in the report. Same for them requesting the police certificate just to see if maybe there are alcohol or drug related offenses.  It's all about the clinic not wanting to make a judgement on somebody the doctor meets for 20 minutes who chooses not to reveal everything. As an applicant, that's exactly what I did. They have simply added a few tools to catch out a few people. 

So I would say, get something that says there is no summary, tell your story of not seeing a doctor in decades, and appear to be forthright and honest and they will write up your medical report with what they have...observation, blood tests, urine, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, etc. 

If they decide they need anything else, they will tell you what they want your GP to write up. And that's when you remind them you have never met your GP.  😂

Edited by Wuozopo

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 2:33 AM, Thithologyqueen said:

Hi Everyone - I've been a lurker until now however I've searched throughout this forum with no luck yet on a similar situation to ours and I know how helpful these forums can be.  We received NOA2 and are awaiting a case number so we can schedule the medical however my fiance (beneficiary) has spent several years working in different countries with work visas and has not seen a UK GP in over a decade or so.  We are going to try to get some sort of record for him (if any exists) but are concerned this will prove difficult.  I emailed Knightsbridge who said if he doesn't have records, then he should go see a  new GP and get a form that says "new client, no medical history".  I can't imagine this is acceptable for a visa approval.  We do have his medical records from the other countries he's worked in.  Has anyone else had a similar situation and how was it resolved?  Thanks! 

Hi there, I will be in the exact same position. Have been travelling and have no registered UK GP, will you keep me posted on how this worked out for you? Thanks.

Timeline

@fowl2103 Turns out his GP from 14 years ago still had him in their system.  He was able to contact them and fill out forms to request the Summary to be sent via regular mail to his permanent UK address.  They would not email or send to another location.  We plan to take that with his other medical records from other countries since 2004 and hope that covers everything. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi. I wanted to update in case anyone is in a similar situation. My fiance had his medical exam yesterday with the GP summary up to 2004 and they accepted that no problem. They didn't ask to see his other medical records since then or question why he hadn't seen a UK GP since then. He did have issues where the nurse or admin didn't properly read his vaccinations report and said he needed Tetanus when he'd clearly already had it so he asked her to revise the report. Hopefully no issues when it arrives at the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.