calliz

ROC 2017 filers - RFE

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

Thought I’d create a thread for 2017 ROC filers who have received RFE to maybe keep track of how long it took to receive a response after submitting your rfe, questions about what else to submit and just general support.

We filed on March 2017 for ROC, case was transferred to Nebraska on April 6th, received RFE on October 23rd, sent in response on November 22nd.

anypne on a similar boat? Any clue on processing time for rfe?

1 hour ago, ms80 said:

Can you please let us know what did  you initially submit and what the RFE is asking?

thank you

I initially submitted:

copies of DLs showing same address

health insurance for 2015 - 2017

2013, 2014 tax return (we had amended 2015 so that one wasn’t available)

auto insurance showing us both under the policy

Husband’s 401k showing me as beneficiary 

husbands life insurance policy showing me as beneficiary

photos of us with family 

Different membership cards with both of our names

some utility bills 

so we have been married since 2013 received green card in April 2015. The rfe asked for proof of joint residence (they didn’t list the DL copies and we don’t have a lease as we live in a property owned by my parents) asked for birth certificates of children (which we don’t have any) and proof of comingling of finances and liabilities.

Sent our RFE response last week, Nov 22nd. Included the following:

Exhibit A:

• Copies of current driver’s licenses showing our joint residence 

• Copy of a notarized affidavit in lieu of lease from My mom who owns the property we live in attesting that we’ve loved there since feb 2013

• Copy of the warranty deed of the property showing mom as owner 

• Copy of our State Farm condo policy addressed to both of us listed as insured under the policy

Exhibit B

• Copy of husband’s current 401K showing me as 100% beneficiary

• Copy of official HR letter from My work showing Husband a my 401K beneficiary

• Copy of Husbands 2019 upcoming benefit enrollment showing Me as listed dependent

• Copy of Husbands pension showing Me as 100% beneficiary

• Copy of Husband’s current benefits showing Me as beneficiary for Basic LIfe, Supplemental Life, AD&D, and Business travel account

• Copy of my benefits showing Husband  as covered dependent and beneficiary for basic life insurance, supplemental insurance AD&D and short term disability for 2016 and 2017

• Copy of my 2018 benefits showing Husband as the beneficiary of life insurance

• Copy of My 2016-2017 401K through past employer showing Husband as beneficiary

• Copies of  Husband benefit confirmation statement showing me as a covered dependent and beneficiary for health insurance, life insurance, AD&D and short term disability policy for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

• Copy of Husband’s benefits dashboard also showing me as dependent and beneficiary for 2015

My worry with these evidence is that we don’t get physical copy so o had to print out the designations from our online dashboards. Is this still acceptable?

Exhibit 😄

• Copies of bank statement from Feb 2015 when we first opened the account to 2018 (5 random statements per year) from our joint savings account showing deposits from both of us (different jobs) and paying our Capital One credit cards

• Copy of my mom’s bank account showing  5 deposits throughout 2017-2018 from Our joint account showing payment of a $1500 loan to repair the bathrooms in our residence. 

• Copy of my checking account showing our 2017 tax refund deposited into my personal checking account, $x amount transferred to our joint account and $x amount  to pay the property tax (copy of receipt also enclosed)

Exhibit 😧

• Copies of our secured Capital One credit cards and copy of online account showing Me as the owner and Husband as an authorized user

• Copies of our joint Credit One credit cards, showing same card number but with each of our names

Exhibit E:

• Copy of 2013 IRS account transcript showing both of our ssn and filed as married jointly (tax transcript wasn’t available to be requested)

• Copy of 2014 IRS tax transcript showing both of our ssn, our joint residence and filed as married jointly

• Copy of the amended 2015 tax return 1040x form we mailed in as the transcript wasn’t available for download as well as a screenshot of IRS.gov showing amended tax was submitted. Tax form shows our joint residence and filed as married jointly

• Copy of 2016 IRS tax transcript showing both of our ssn, our joint residence and filed as married jointly

• Copy of 2017 IRS tax transcript showing both of our ssn, our joint residence and filed as married jointly

• Copies of car insurance policy showing both our names as covered insured from 2013,2014, 2015 2016, 2017 and 2018

• Copy of letter from Geico showing we have both been insured under the same policy since 07/2012 (since we lived under the same residence)

Exhibit F:

Utility bills addressed to each of us  at our joint residence for all of our utilities, which include:

• T-mobile (phone bill) random statements from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 showing Husband as the account holder at our joint residence and both of our numbers listed under the account.

• Duke Energy (electric) Statements for 2016, 2017, 2018 showing Husband as the account holder. Unfortunately we called Duke Energy to get copies of our past bills but we were told they only kept bills for the last two years. We are also including a screenshot of our online dashboard that shows the account has been active at our joint address since 02/04/2013

• Maitland City utilities (water, garbage etc) 2014, 2017, 2018 in my name as they only allow one person as the account holder. They only had statements for 2017-2018 but we found an old bill from 2014 and we included email notifications of the bill due showing the same account number for 2015 and 2016

• Bright House/Spectrum (cable)  showing Husband as the account holder. Again, we called to get copies of past statements but we were told they do not have copies of past statements.We’ve Included two statements from current year as well as a copy of a work order form 2014 . We are also including a copy of our online account showing Me as the authorized user for the account 

Exhibit G:

• Copies of (37) different bills and mailers addressed to each of us at our joint residence 824 Park Lake Pl, Maitland FL 32751 over our 5 years of marriage 2013 - current (includes copies of some of our w2 we had on hand)

Exhibit H:

Copies of health insurance cards showing each other as dependent from 2013- 2015, dental card showing covered dependent, copy of our Disney annual passes for 2016-2017, copy of our current Disney Silver annual passes, Copy of our 2017 Orlando City annual passes, Copy of our 2018 Orlando City annual passes, Copy of our AAA membership cards. Membership card to a local theater

Exhibit I:

Two affidavits from sister and brother in law

I also wrote a letter on why we don’t have more commingling of finances from 2013-2015, I wasn’t working and my husband lost his job (that’s also why we didn’t file AOS until two years into our marriage) not sure what else I could have submitted as we do like keeping our own checking accts separate and we don’t have any kids.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.