GoBig

N600, part 8 questions

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
39 minutes ago, MahUSA said:

You never know, just in case one of the 2 gets lost at a time when your child needs a proof for his citizenship when applying for a job or something and doesn't have the luxury of waiting for a replacement.

Instead of applying for CoC for CCA citizens both a passport book AND card should be obtained. Pros of Passport Card:

*It is recommended to renew the passport book well before it expires: https://www.tripsavvy.com/when-should-i-renew-my-passport-2972796

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, TM92 said:

*or to renew the expired passports. To not do at least ONE is borderline reckless.

Life happens, people unintentionally loose sight of renewal period especially for a document that has a 10 year life span which one doesn’t use, not borderline recklessness IMO. 

One of the people in the scenario I wrote of above  was a minor when the parents decided to move out of the US  and didn’t see any point in renewing their US passports since they were not being used and had no immediate plan of returning. Fast forward several years after, parents passed away - their naturalization certificates cannot be located, no valid US passport. The child (upon becoming an adult) would have easily gotten a new passport when they decided to return to the US if they had their own naturalization certificate. 

Filed: Timeline
51 minutes ago, GoBig said:

thanks for everyone, we can for sure afford $1170 for my minor child(single) to have his own certificate..it has no expiration date and my child can use his own certificate for his own life after he grows up. 

for the N600,part8, i will sign my child's full name(YYY) and followed by "( by father: XXX)" and part 10 ,preparer : this will be my information who prepared this form and signed my full name. 

Yes stick to your gun, you’re making a smart decision, IMO, on your child’s behalf. That certificate is worth it. 

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, MahUSA said:

I don't see why it would be a bad idea to diversify the documents that can be used as a proof of U.S. citizenship if you can afford it. Y

That's a big if.  Few people have $1170 between their couch cushions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sm1smom said:

Life happens, people unintentionally loose sight of renewal period especially for a document that has a 10 year life span which one doesn’t use, not borderline recklessness IMO. 

My comment was an addendum to your comment; it was meant to be read as follows:

"These people are wishing they (or their parents) applied for their own naturalization certificates back then" OR renewed the expired passports. To not do at least ONE is borderline reckless.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.