Brann

K1 Visa Process for Beneficiary living in Abu Dhabi

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I am currently living in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for more than 6 years now. I lived in the Philippines before moving here in Abu Dhabi. Me and my fiance who lives in Ohio are almost done with our K1 packet and we are planning to submit the petition first week of December this year. I just have few questions, maybe you guys can help us:

1.) Do I need to submit a Police Clearance or Certificate of Good Conduct from the Philippines and here in UAE together with our K1 packet?

2.) Do I need to submit a Certificate of No Marriage together with the K1 packet?

2.) My fiance had a minor misdemeanor and went to court last 2009 and he was just fined by the judge, he didn't go to jail, should we mention that on the I-129F Form? He got already a clearance from the court regarding the incident and they stated there that he didn't go to jail.

Thank you in advance! We really need the advice we can get about these questions. A friend of mine strongly advised us to hire a lawyer just like what they did but we were hesitant because we'd rather do it ourselves and save the money. This friend of mine and her fiance filed the petition July 2018 and they received an RFE last week. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1&2   no but you will need for interview

3      yes it needs to be revealed and the court disposition included

you do not need an attorney. attorneys as you can see from your friend, doing so is no guarantee of anything. we filed in mid may and were approved at the beginning of the month. did all the paperwork myself, just as most of us on here do.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jillglitter said:

Hi guys! I am currently living in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for more than 6 years now. I lived in the Philippines before moving here in Abu Dhabi. Me and my fiance who lives in Ohio are almost done with our K1 packet and we are planning to submit the petition first week of December this year. I just have few questions, maybe you guys can help us:

1.) Do I need to submit a Police Clearance or Certificate of Good Conduct from the Philippines and here in UAE together with our K1 packet?

2.) Do I need to submit a Certificate of No Marriage together with the K1 packet?

2.) My fiance had a minor misdemeanor and went to court last 2009 and he was just fined by the judge, he didn't go to jail, should we mention that on the I-129F Form? He got already a clearance from the court regarding the incident and they stated there that he didn't go to jail.

Thank you in advance! We really need the advice we can get about these questions. A friend of mine strongly advised us to hire a lawyer just like what they did but we were hesitant because we'd rather do it ourselves and save the money. This friend of mine and her fiance filed the petition July 2018 and they received an RFE last week. 

1) You take that with you to your interview

2) Both you, and your fiance only need to show divorce decrees if you have been previously married

3) Absolutely mention it on the form, if they find it and you didn't declare it, it can lead to issues. Nothing serious will come of it anyway :)

More on #2, be sure to send in letters of intent to marry if you haven't got those already. Let me know if you need any help, I'm available by DM :) I know how you're feeling!

@brandonflude1 Thank you so much for the information. Okay then we will mention on the form his minor misdemeanor and include the clearance certificate from the court that he didn't go to jail. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, jillglitter said:

Guys just a follow up question regarding the Biographic Information part. Is it asking for the petitioner's information or beneficiary? 

Petitioner 

Hi guys! We are almost ready to send out our K1 Packet BUT I just need to make sure that we have filled out the Form I-129F correctly. Just few more questions:

1.) My nickname is totally different from my real name written on my passport and Birth Certificate. But my friends call me by my nickname and even on Facebook, it is my nickname written there. But i have never used my nickname on any forms or any legal documents. Should I mention my nickname on Items 7.a.-7.c.? I've read different answers, some said do not mention nicknames to lessen confusion but some said mention it. I am confused now.

2.) Regarding Item Numbers 40.a.-42.c. about Citizenship Information. We checked Birth in the United States. Do we have to enter the information of his Birth Certificate on the part asking Certificate of Citizenship? 

3.) The question about Beneficiary's Name and Address in his or her native alphabet. My last name includes Ñ and the rest are Roman Alphabets. Should I enter my information on this part? 

Thank you so much in advance whoever can help us out regarding these questions. :) 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jillglitter said:

Hi guys! We are almost ready to send out our K1 Packet BUT I just need to make sure that we have filled out the Form I-129F correctly. Just few more questions:

1.) My nickname is totally different from my real name written on my passport and Birth Certificate. But my friends call me by my nickname and even on Facebook, it is my nickname written there. But i have never used my nickname on any forms or any legal documents. Should I mention my nickname on Items 7.a.-7.c.? I've read different answers, some said do not mention nicknames to lessen confusion but some said mention it. I am confused now.

2.) Regarding Item Numbers 40.a.-42.c. about Citizenship Information. We checked Birth in the United States. Do we have to enter the information of his Birth Certificate on the part asking Certificate of Citizenship? 

3.) The question about Beneficiary's Name and Address in his or her native alphabet. My last name includes Ñ and the rest are Roman Alphabets. Should I enter my information on this part? 

Thank you so much in advance whoever can help us out regarding these questions. :) 

1. no. example: me going by debbie when my name is debra is not important. same for bob for robert or mike for michael or any other common nickname (or even bubba for ... whatever)

2. no. you are required to provide a copy of the birth certificate or passport

3. that is an accent mark not a non roman alphabet (that would be russian or hebrew or other languages that if you don't speak it, look like symbols instead of letters). But you can do that if you want.

4. oh, there is no 4.

lol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

@debbiedoo Hahah actually there is a question number 4. Should the beneficiary sign his/her passport copy and birth certificate? I attached my birth certificate but I am not sure if I should sign the copies. Our K1 Packet is ready but I keep on reviewing and reading forums so I won't miss anything and to avoid RFE's. 

Timeline

no you dont need to sign the copies

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Timeline
Just now, jillglitter said:

@debbiedoo You've been helpful. Thank you so much! We are now ready to send our petition. :) 

good luck :)

make sure you send COPIES and not ORIGINALS of original documents. youll never get the originals back if you do.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.