jabbal

I-130 Approved for Spouse, What's next

14 posts in this topic

Hi Friends,

I am the Petitioner (US Citizen) and beneficiary is my spouse.

My spouse's I-130 has been approved and I want my spouse's address to be changed, I know after I-130 approved, case is transferred to NVC, but I didn't received anything from NVC yet, What documents I should  prepare for NVC Process and how to send thoe documents to NVC ??  How to change my spouse's address  ??

Appreciate your help and time.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

i am a US citizen as well, I received my approval for I130 on 10/26/2018 and I know the letter said wait 30 days before calling cause apparently it takes that long for them to receive the petition I gave it a shot anyway and I called NVC to see if my petition was received and they said they got it 11/2/2018 but the gentleman I spoke to was very nice and when I asked him what should I expect next he told me it will take 4-8 weeks to receive a welcome packet via email or mail and I would need to then submit documents to them (tax papers, proof of income etc) and as far as changing ur address check the Nation visa center website or USCIS or maybe even give the national visa center a call. 

9 hours ago, F&S2018 said:

Hi,

i am a US citizen as well, I received my approval for I130 on 10/26/2018 and I know the letter said wait 30 days before calling cause apparently it takes that long for them to receive the petition I gave it a shot anyway and I called NVC to see if my petition was received and they said they got it 11/2/2018 but the gentleman I spoke to was very nice and when I asked him what should I expect next he told me it will take 4-8 weeks to receive a welcome packet via email or mail and I would need to then submit documents to them (tax papers, proof of income etc) and as far as changing ur address check the Nation visa center website or USCIS or maybe even give the national visa center a call. 

Hi , Thanks for your reply,

My case received by NVC on November 8 and I tried to ask them on the call too , they said case number isn't generated yet so they can't update address too. How I would receive Welcome packet ?? Via email or mail ?? Any idea ??

Thanks F&S2018. and good luck with your case .

Timeline
50 minutes ago, jabbal said:

Hi , Thanks for your reply,

My case received by NVC on November 8 and I tried to ask them on the call too , they said case number isn't generated yet so they can't update address too. How I would receive Welcome packet ?? Via email or mail ?? Any idea ??

Thanks F&S2018. and good luck with your case .

Well my case was received on the 2nd of November and they weren’t able to give me a case number yet either, from what I’m aware of once you get the welcome packet and instructions to submit documents that will have the case number. I have not received anything yet but the guy told me you’ll get something in email or mail in 4-8 weeks so I’m just waiting. Maybe you should call back within a few weeks or maybe email them that’ll also help you out. Maybe we can keep each other updated lol 

28 minutes ago, F&S2018 said:

Well my case was received on the 2nd of November and they weren’t able to give me a case number yet either, from what I’m aware of once you get the welcome packet and instructions to submit documents that will have the case number. I have not received anything yet but the guy told me you’ll get something in email or mail in 4-8 weeks so I’m just waiting. Maybe you should call back within a few weeks or maybe email them that’ll also help you out. Maybe we can keep each other updated lol 

I agree, I will keep in touch with you, I am also chicago filer and Potomac center too lol.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jabbal said:

I agree, I will keep in touch with you, I am also chicago filer and Potomac center too lol.

Oh awesome so am i! And Potomac center was where my petition had gone also 

Also, as far changing your address, you can directly change it with an agent once your case number is established. However, all NVC notifications are exchanged through email. I receive ONE mail from NVC with case number but the SAME CONTENT was sent via email on PDF form. 

What you you need to gather now is make sure you check out the link I posted above and prepare all the necessary documents ahead of time. Make sure your income meets the 125% poverty guideline, etc. At least review affidavit form and gather your spouse residency information since the age of 7. 

Once the case number is established you can check your status online through NVC website. 

13 hours ago, CJlove said:

Also, as far changing your address, you can directly change it with an agent once your case number is established. However, all NVC notifications are exchanged through email. I receive ONE mail from NVC with case number but the SAME CONTENT was sent via email on PDF form. 

What you you need to gather now is make sure you check out the link I posted above and prepare all the necessary documents ahead of time. Make sure your income meets the 125% poverty guideline, etc. At least review affidavit form and gather your spouse residency information since the age of 7. 

Once the case number is established you can check your status online through NVC website. 

Thanks a lot CJlove, That above link is really useful.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/18/2018 at 8:38 PM, jabbal said:

Hii! Have u gotten any updates on ur case? 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
20 minutes ago, jabbal said:

Hi 

So sorry for so late reply, I just logged in today,

Yes, My spouse's interview is scheduled for march 1 2019 

That’s awesome!!!!!! Best of luck. How soon after case complete did they send u email with interview date? My case is documentarily qualified since 2/13 currently waiting for spouses interview date 

1 minute ago, F&S2018 said:

That’s awesome!!!!!! Best of luck. How soon after case complete did they send u email with interview date? My case is documentarily qualified since 2/13 currently waiting for spouses interview date 

Great, good luck to you too :)

Mine was documentarily approved on jan 24 and received interview email on feb 14 and interview scheduled for march 1.

Just now, jabbal said:

Great, good luck to you too :)

Mine was documentarily approved on jan 24 and received interview email on feb 14 and interview scheduled for march 1.

Can we appear at the interview without medical ?

Actually my spouse's medical is still in progress, so was thinking if we can appear at the interview withoout medical and we can submit medical later on when its available ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.