Jump to content
iadguy

indian passport renewal question regarding Indian address

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone, I am trying to fill out the application for the re-issue of the Indian passport in USA. Now they require permanent Indian address to be mentioned and also its proof.

 

I grew up in USA as I came here as a kid. I am a permanent resident here and have never been back home in India and don't really have any home in India. I do have an old Indian address mentioned on my previous passports. I can mention that but I don't really live there and I have no bank account, or adhar card, or any utility bills to give proof of my Indian residence.

 

So what do I do in this case. If I mention the last address I lived at in India, then I don't have any of the three proofs which they asked(adhar card, utility bill, bank statement)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, iadguy said:

Hello Everyone, I am trying to fill out the application for the re-issue of the Indian passport in USA. Now they require permanent Indian address to be mentioned and also its proof.

 

I grew up in USA as I came here as a kid. I am a permanent resident here and have never been back home in India and don't really have any home in India. I do have an old Indian address mentioned on my previous passports. I can mention that but I don't really live there and I have no bank account, or adhar card, or any utility bills to give proof of my Indian residence.

 

So what do I do in this case. If I mention the last address I lived at in India, then I don't have any of the three proofs which they asked(adhar card, utility bill, bank statement)

I would use that last address since there is no other choice. Why don’t you apply for Adhar Card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Off Topic forum -- subject unrelated to immigration processes.


06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Visitor User said:

I would use that last address since there is no other choice. Why don’t you apply for Adhar Card?

Thanks for the response. I have never been to India so never needed an Adhar card.  May be next time when I go I will make it.  Planning to go next summer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, iadguy said:

Thanks for the response. I have never been to India so never needed an Adhar card.  May be next time when I go I will make it.  Planning to go next summer. 

 

I think there maybe an option to do it online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×