Ariethesiren

National ID card for interview

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

UK does not have ID cards, and certainly not a National System.

Reasonable to assume your Lawyer is clueless.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ariethesiren said:

Hi 😊 My immigration lawyer is saying we need a national i.d. card for my husband to have his visa interview, he's lost his and we would like to know if this is something required for the interview? He has his passport etcetc. I've never seen an id required on any checklist so I'd like to be sure if we need it. 

Your lawyer is giving inappropriate advice. You posted in the UK Forum to get specific London, UK interview information. So don't follow advice of those jumping in from other countries saying to get a national ID card. 

Your husband only needs his passport for ID at a London interview.

Thank you people from the UK. I figured as such but I wanted to really confirm with other people as well. My lawyer has been giving us a ton of problems this entire process, and making things much more delayed/stressful than it already should be. waste of $2500.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

US does not have an identity care but unofficially uses the SSN.

UK has a National Insurance card, I had to call up somebody in the UK and they asked me if I knew my NI number, well I have it somewhere, not a problem as most people in the UK would not know what theirs is. A once every 10 years sort of question.

UK DL's did not used to have a picture, when the new ones came out it was optional to get one. But not something you need to have on you anyway, think you have 3 days? to show it if stopped by the Police.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Nowhere does it mention that you need to bring any form of ID apart from your passport to interview. Plus to people replying to this from other countries- in UK you're not required to carry ID on you and if you get asked you're not required to provide it. Drop your lawyer lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.