Gj & Cathy

AUSSIES!!! Sydney Interview Schedule- CR1 Filers

25 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Gj & Cathy said:

I know, right!  I am hoping I'll get scheduled for a date earlier than Dec 18.  I will call NVC first thing tomorrow for sure!  I didn't realise we still need to provide an Express Post Bag.  I was told TOLL does it now, and the it's included in our IV fee we paid on the CEAC page.  Was that on your checklist?  Anyways, ggod luck on Nov 20.  I'm sure you won't have any trouble at all.  Thanks again Natalie for helping me out....Geeezzz so stressful!

You'll have to call NVC on Tuesday or very late Monday night given the time difference right now it is Saturday in the US and the NVC only work Monday- Friday. I attached a photo which is a snip from the email the consulate sent me, asking for the envelope. Thank you for your well wishes, if you need any advice I will try assist where I can 😊

Screenshot_20181111-063144.jpg

3 minutes ago, NatalieC136 said:

You'll have to call NVC on Tuesday or very late Monday night given the time difference right now it is Saturday in the US and the NVC only work Monday- Friday. I attached a photo which is a snip from the email the consulate sent me, asking for the envelope. Thank you for your well wishes, if you need any advice I will try assist where I can 😊

YAY!!!!! Thank you Natalie....you're a champ!

Sorry I forgot the time diff :(

-Cath

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 6:36 AM, NatalieC136 said:

Hi Natalie!!! Congratulations on your visa! Yay!!!!

Btw, I got my interview date now for Dec 18. I have emailed the embassy to reschedule it as I really need my passport back before Dec28. How was your experience there?

Was it busy?

Also, the letter or email I got with my interview dates came from NVC. Will I get another one from the Sydney Embassy? Did you also get a checklist of the documents to bring?

You must be so excited!

So happy for you!!!!

-Cath

3 hours ago, Gj & Cathy said:

Hi Natalie!!! Congratulations on your visa! Yay!!!!

Btw, I got my interview date now for Dec 18. I have emailed the embassy to reschedule it as I really need my passport back before Dec28. How was your experience there?

Was it busy?

Also, the letter or email I got with my interview dates came from NVC. Will I get another one from the Sydney Embassy? Did you also get a checklist of the documents to bring?

You must be so excited!

So happy for you!!!!

-Cath

Hi Cath, thank you for the well wishes. The email from NVC is standard, with the email from Sydney to follow. The email from Sydney will have the checklist to print. I went in about 8:35 cleared security and was done and out by 10. Small-ish rectangular shaped room so it appeared to be a lot of people but was only about 20. The US Citizen enquires are seperated from the visas, they sit on a different side of the room. 

3 hours ago, NatalieC136 said:

Hi Cath, thank you for the well wishes. The email from NVC is standard, with the email from Sydney to follow. The email from Sydney will have the checklist to print. I went in about 8:35 cleared security and was done and out by 10. Small-ish rectangular shaped room so it appeared to be a lot of people but was only about 20. The US Citizen enquires are seperated from the visas, they sit on a different side of the room. 

Thanks again for the info Natalie!

I sent an email to support-Australia@ustraveldocs.com to request for an earlier visa interview.  It seems that CR1 is set on the third Tuesday of the month, and K1 is on the 4th Tuesday of the month.  I am crossing everything that they can accommodate me to have an earlier interview.  Hopefully, the checklist from the Embassy won't be too far off.

So when do you fly off to the US?

4 hours ago, NatalieC136 said:

And another question too.... was it stressful in there?  Lots of questions? I see you were only there for 1 and a half hours...

3 hours ago, Gj & Cathy said:

And another question too.... was it stressful in there?  Lots of questions? I see you were only there for 1 and a half hours...

Im flying over December 18th.

I got maybe 5 questions in total. Its really as stressful as you make it out to be. The vibe is more a serious situation type  but i didn't find it stressful 

I also had my interview yesterday, I was super stressed because we were using assets instead of income with no joint sponsor and had heard that could be a problem - but in the end it was not an issue. 

They definitely ask for an express post bag for CR1/IR1 visas, if you don’t have one with you they will make you go get one before they let you upstairs.

My interview time was 0800, I was there about 0740 and the people queuing were allowed in shortly before 8. I was out of there at about 0910.

Read the embassy reviews on here, I found them very helpful in knowing the process etc for when I got there.

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

15 hours ago, redvines said:

I also had my interview yesterday, I was super stressed because we were using assets instead of income with no joint sponsor and had heard that could be a problem - but in the end it was not an issue. 

They definitely ask for an express post bag for CR1/IR1 visas, if you don’t have one with you they will make you go get one before they let you upstairs.

My interview time was 0800, I was there about 0740 and the people queuing were allowed in shortly before 8. I was out of there at about 0910.

Read the embassy reviews on here, I found them very helpful in knowing the process etc for when I got there.

Congrats on your successful interview Redvines!!!

On the Express Post Bag, did you have to put the Return Address (the Consulate Address)  yourself or they fill that in? 

Did you have to dress casually or formal attire?

And was it all CR1 applicants there or were there K1 as well?

The trend is CR1 on third Tuesday and K1 on 4th Tuesday of the month.

I was hoping I can secure an interview on either Dec 4 or 11.    They have given me the 18th of December which is cutting it close to my Japan trip.

Did they ask you lots of questions?

Sorry, I am really anxious now...

Would be great if you can help out :)

On the post page I only filled in the address I wanted it posted to, even if you take a blank one they will tell you what to fill.

I don't think you 'have' to dress any particular way - but I dressed professionally, wearing an outfit I would wear to work which seemed fitting for the seriousness of the occasion. 

Everyone I heard was a spouse, but I only heard like three interviews, so that isn't a great sample of what happened that day. 

I posted a review which has my questions, I didn't remember them so well but found that a lot of other people who've reviewed the embassy recently were able to list the exact questions they were asked.

12/26/17 - NOA1

06/27/18 - NOA2 (+183 days)

07/11/18 - Case sent to NVC (+14 days)

07/18/18 - NVC Received (+7 days)

08/10/18 - NVC Case Number (+23 days)

09/06/18 - All Docs Submitted (+27 days)

09/19/18 - Case Complete at NVC (+13 days)

10/18/18 -  Interview appointment letter received (+29 days)

11/20/18 - Interview Date (+33 days) - APPROVED!

11/26/18 - Visa Received 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.