happystar

Police Clearance from Iraq

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone here know about how to get a Police clearance from IRAQ in Manila Philippines? My father need it as one of the needed requirements for his immigrant visa? He already went to Iraq Embassy and they decline that they are nkt authorize to give it. please help. thankyou.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/IranIslamicRepublicof.html

"Police Records

Available but unreliable. Police certificates are issued by the General Department of Penal Records and Pardon Amnesty (Idar-e Kul Sajl-e Kifari va Afva Bakhshudagi ). However, police records are not required for immigrant visa applicants because posts cannot verify them. Clean record certificates can be obtained in Iran or from Iranian Embassies and Consulates and the physical appearance of the certificate changes significantly depending on which authority issued it."

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/IranIslamicRepublicof.html

"Police Records

Available but unreliable. Police certificates are issued by the General Department of Penal Records and Pardon Amnesty (Idar-e Kul Sajl-e Kifari va Afva Bakhshudagi ). However, police records are not required for immigrant visa applicants because posts cannot verify them. Clean record certificates can be obtained in Iran or from Iranian Embassies and Consulates and the physical appearance of the certificate changes significantly depending on which authority issued it."

Timeline

thankyou for your answer. so we can just go to iran embassy in the philippines to get a clean record certificate. we just need only that my father has no issues and was clear while he stay and worked there. it was long time ago 1985 i think.

On 11/7/2018 at 1:04 AM, happystar said:

thankyou for your answer. so we can just go to iran embassy in the philippines to get a clean record certificate. we just need only that my father has no issues and was clear while he stay and worked there. it was long time ago 1985 i think.

Are you referring to iraq or iran?

7 minutes ago, salhasl said:

Are you referring to iraq or iran?

Eek...I think I misclicked when getting the link above. :whistle: Thank you for pointing that out!!!

Here's the table for Iraq:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Iraq.html

"

Police/Prison Records

Available

Fees:   IQD $25,000 - equivalent to approximately USD $20.

Document Name:  Shahadat adam mahkoomiyah

Issuing Government Authority:        The Directorate of Criminal Information "Modeeriat Aladellah Aljinaeyah" in Baghdad.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:  The certificate is in Arabic and English, the color of the certificate is brown,  has the  applicant’s ten fingerprints at the back of the certificate,;  wet seal from Criminal Evidence Department (front), dry seal from Ministry of Interior (front), wet seal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (back) please see additional comment below; wet seal over the applicant’s photo (front); signatures from Director of Criminal Evidence Department and Ministry of Interior (front), and signatures of Director of Fingerprints Department, Fingerprints Expert and Fingerprints Officer (back).

Issuing Authority Personnel Title:  Major General, Director  of Criminal Evidence Department "modeer qesim aladellah aljinaeyah"

Registration Criteria:  Each applicant with legal residency in Iraq can apply for an Iraqi Police Certificate, regardless of nationality.  Applicants within Iraq must obtain this certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Evidence Department, Ministry of Interior in Baghdad, Iraq.  Certificates obtained from branch offices in other cities are not acceptable.  Applicants outside Iraq can apply for a certificate through the Iraq Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence.

Procedure for Obtaining:  Applicants must appear in-person to apply for a police certificate.  Processing time: 5 days.

Certified Copies Available:  Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents:  There are no alternate documents

Exceptions: None

Comments:   (1) All Iraqi police certificates issued by The Directorate of Criminal Information in Baghdad must be certified by The Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).  This MOFA stamp is a commonly missing element and Post will not accept the police certificate without it.  It should be on the back of the certificate at the top of the sheet in the box marked “MOFA Ministry of Foreign Affairs.” (2) Police certificates issued in the Kurdistan region (Erbil, Sulaimaniyah and Dohuk) are not acceptable for Immigrant Visa application purposes."

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

29 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Eek...I think I misclicked when getting the link above. :whistle: Thank you for pointing that out!!!

Here's the table for Iraq:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Iraq.html

"

Police/Prison Records

Available

Fees:   IQD $25,000 - equivalent to approximately USD $20.

Document Name:  Shahadat adam mahkoomiyah

Issuing Government Authority:        The Directorate of Criminal Information "Modeeriat Aladellah Aljinaeyah" in Baghdad.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:  The certificate is in Arabic and English, the color of the certificate is brown,  has the  applicant’s ten fingerprints at the back of the certificate,;  wet seal from Criminal Evidence Department (front), dry seal from Ministry of Interior (front), wet seal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs (back) please see additional comment below; wet seal over the applicant’s photo (front); signatures from Director of Criminal Evidence Department and Ministry of Interior (front), and signatures of Director of Fingerprints Department, Fingerprints Expert and Fingerprints Officer (back).

Issuing Authority Personnel Title:  Major General, Director  of Criminal Evidence Department "modeer qesim aladellah aljinaeyah"

Registration Criteria:  Each applicant with legal residency in Iraq can apply for an Iraqi Police Certificate, regardless of nationality.  Applicants within Iraq must obtain this certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Evidence Department, Ministry of Interior in Baghdad, Iraq.  Certificates obtained from branch offices in other cities are not acceptable.  Applicants outside Iraq can apply for a certificate through the Iraq Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence.

Procedure for Obtaining:  Applicants must appear in-person to apply for a police certificate.  Processing time: 5 days.

Certified Copies Available:  Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents:  There are no alternate documents

Exceptions: None

Comments:   (1) All Iraqi police certificates issued by The Directorate of Criminal Information in Baghdad must be certified by The Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).  This MOFA stamp is a commonly missing element and Post will not accept the police certificate without it.  It should be on the back of the certificate at the top of the sheet in the box marked “MOFA Ministry of Foreign Affairs.” (2) Police certificates issued in the Kurdistan region (Erbil, Sulaimaniyah and Dohuk) are not acceptable for Immigrant Visa application purposes."

Looks like the embassy in manila turned him down. Hes going to have to get it from iraq.

Timeline
1 hour ago, salhasl said:

Looks like the embassy in manila turned him down. Hes going to have to get it from iraq.

yes they turned him down. please help, how we can connect to the iraq embassy? im desperate to help my father. He just work there long time ago i believed 1983 for 4 years olnly as mechanical engineer.

• 2 years later...

*** Zombie thread closed as the OP has not logged on since 2018. Please start your own thread if you have a question of similar situation.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.