C32

How fast is turn around from interview to visa?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancé and I are considering extending my trip to Montreal a bit longer if the Canada Post strike is still on when I have my interview in two weeks so I can just pick up my passport in person. 

How quickly did those of you who have been approved recently get your passports back? I’m wondering if I need to plan to be there for a couple of days after my interview or a week to pick up my passport. Or if it might be better to plan to come back for it. 

as a K1 it can take a week to 6 weeks.  So honestly it may be cheaper to fly back for it. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We're considering doing something similar...I'm flying there to be with him at the interview and then we were going to go back to his place in Ottawa and do last minute packing, etc, and then take a train back to Montreal to pick up with passport. I only have so many days off of work though so I'm really hoping this will work out timing wise. Worst case senario is that he will have to stay and wait and I will fly back before him. Our interview won't be until January, but I'm still concerned that this strike is going to be an issue then at this rate! We might try the courier route that some have posted about. I hope your situation works out as well! 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, BananaButton5 said:

We're considering doing something similar...I'm flying there to be with him at the interview and then we were going to go back to his place in Ottawa and do last minute packing, etc, and then take a train back to Montreal to pick up with passport. I only have so many days off of work though so I'm really hoping this will work out timing wise. Worst case senario is that he will have to stay and wait and I will fly back before him. Our interview won't be until January, but I'm still concerned that this strike is going to be an issue then at this rate! We might try the courier route that some have posted about. I hope your situation works out as well! 

Good luck! Hopefully the strike is over before your interview!!

Timeline

With my experience last week, I had stayed an extra day and my passport was ready on Friday - however, I was unable to stay that day...so it could be worth staying a few days, at least mine was issued incredibly fast it seems.

I don't trust Canada Post right now, so I used the alternate solution that's been suggested - via courier. I contacted Messageries Speedo Monday morning and talked to Sylvain - I sent him the needed information and we spoke again yesterday morning. My package was picked up from the Consulate between 10 and 12, and was then delivered through UPS to me. I am supposed to be receiving it any minute now!! It cost 50$. It's definitely the cheapest and most efficient way I think! I'll update once I have my passport in hand, but seems to be the best option so far. :D Best of luck with your interview & let me know if you have any questions!! 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, mikobarb said:

With my experience last week, I had stayed an extra day and my passport was ready on Friday - however, I was unable to stay that day...so it could be worth staying a few days, at least mine was issued incredibly fast it seems.

I don't trust Canada Post right now, so I used the alternate solution that's been suggested - via courier. I contacted Messageries Speedo Monday morning and talked to Sylvain - I sent him the needed information and we spoke again yesterday morning. My package was picked up from the Consulate between 10 and 12, and was then delivered through UPS to me. I am supposed to be receiving it any minute now!! It cost 50$. It's definitely the cheapest and most efficient way I think! I'll update once I have my passport in hand, but seems to be the best option so far. :D Best of luck with your interview & let me know if you have any questions!! 

And an update less than an hour later - my passport/visa and package is safe in my hands and in good condition!! It's definitely better going this route while Canada Post is on strike. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.