Chris Duffy

Red Planet Manila Bay - Highly recommend

5 posts in this topic

This Red Planet is directly across the street from the main entrance of the USEM. With no traffic I could walk out front lobby and be on Embassy grounds in less than 1 minute.

Brand new hotel that is 20 stories high, Nice big rooms.  Comes with : Split Type Air con that works great and quiet, Large bed with quality linens,  Wall plugs all over the place and some have USB ports with them. Safe, Kettle for coffee, Refrigerator, hair dryer and nice bathroom with rain shower head and plenty of water.  Soap dispenser at  bathroom sink, and shampoo/conditioner inside the shower.

Free high speed internet in each room and it works great, my last week I was paying around 1100 peso per night for a large queen size bed, what the call double bed.

Go out side and turn right there is a sari sari store that sells ice cold drinks and water.  Bottle drinks are 18 peso and water is 12 peso, cigs are 7 peso each.

There are two Red Planets in Ermita area so make sure you tell the driver it's the one directly across the street from the USEM on Roxas Blvd.

I also stayed at Red Planet Davao and Red Planet Manila Makita, I can't recommend either, but they were same price range

https://www.redplanethotels.com/

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

52 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

This Red Planet is directly across the street from the main entrance of the USEM. With no traffic I could walk out front lobby and be on Embassy grounds in less than 1 minute.

Brand new hotel that is 20 stories high, Nice big rooms.  Comes with : Split Type Air con that works great and quiet, Large bed with quality linens,  Wall plugs all over the place and some have USB ports with them. Safe, Kettle for coffee, Refrigerator, hair dryer and nice bathroom with rain shower head and plenty of water.  Soap dispenser at  bathroom sink, and shampoo/conditioner inside the shower.

Free high speed internet in each room and it works great, my last week I was paying around 1100 peso per night for a large queen size bed, what the call double bed.

Go out side and turn right there is a sari sari store that sells ice cold drinks and water.  Bottle drinks are 18 peso and water is 12 peso, cigs are 7 peso each.

There are two Red Planets in Ermita area so make sure you tell the driver it's the one directly across the street from the USEM on Roxas Blvd.

I also stayed at Red Planet Davao and Red Planet Manila Makita, I can't recommend either, but they were same price range

https://www.redplanethotels.com/

Nice!  Thank you for this.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

Did you pay online or at the hotel?

Right now the price for this week is 2500 per night on their website. Agoda has it at about 2000 per night.

I actually did both, I think I got it from Booking.com, I had my wife reserve me a room from US and she used Expedia.  

They have apple computers in the lobby where you can go and book online and get the deal.   How far out are you trying to book?  They base their prices upon availability.  If you are trying to book out in the future I suspect they will not give you a deal.

I was booking same day or a day or two out when making my reservations.  Also join the RedCLub which is RedPlanets preferred members club and get an extra 10% off when booking.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Yeah I saw 1 day last week, Wednesday I think, it was 1000 or so for that one night on agoda. It was more everywhere else. But if you add more days it changes all the days to 2000+ a night automatically. So at best I'd have to go online everyday to get it for 1000 but some days they still would have been 2000+ a night, like this weekend for sure.

I think the only chance to get a good deal, possibly, is if they have rooms the day before but I don't want to be trying to find a hotel room a night before when it looks like they aren't going to have any deals anyway. Everything the next couple weeks is 2000+ a night. So we booked at the Casa Bocobo for a couple nights near the medical place, then after that we'll just move around until she can pick up her Passport. We found the JMM apartments for 1500 a night, usually they are 2500-3000, so we will stay there for 3 nights. Then we are going to stay a few days or a week around Megamall so we can eat some good food. There aren't any cheap hotels there but lots of condos for rent for 1000-2000 a night. We are bringing our own Globe wifi from home so we don't have to deal with finding out the WIFI doesn't work because from my experience they always say FREE WIFI and at least 1/2 the time the signal is garbage or it just straight up doesn't work at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.