Momtolots

I need help with Montreal Consulate and Canada Post!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does anyone have a phone number for the US consulate in Montreal where I can actually speak with a human and not a recording?  Me and 2 children had our appointments Sept 18.  All was approved and went well, we received our passports/visas within 6 days.  However my youngest daughter was somehow separated from us during processing and finally got her appontment Oct 16.  So we flew across Canada from BC AGAIN for her interview.  All went well, she was approved.  But we still have nothing!  I see that as of Oct 17 the Canada Post announcement on them not sending them out.  Her status on CEAC says issued, as of the 17 but we still have heard nothing?  I see that others are getting emails and  flying to Montreal to pick up Visas?  But I can't get any kind of response by email?  Not sure what to do?  I can't really just buy another plane ticket to "go check" but is that really what I need to do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada Forum, from CESHT~~

Email is the only way to get through to Montreal. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Momtolots said:

Does anyone have a phone number for the US consulate in Montreal where I can actually speak with a human and not a recording?  Me and 2 children had our appointments Sept 18.  All was approved and went well, we received our passports/visas within 6 days.  However my youngest daughter was somehow separated from us during processing and finally got her appontment Oct 16.  So we flew across Canada from BC AGAIN for her interview.  All went well, she was approved.  But we still have nothing!  I see that as of Oct 17 the Canada Post announcement on them not sending them out.  Her status on CEAC says issued, as of the 17 but we still have heard nothing?  I see that others are getting emails and  flying to Montreal to pick up Visas?  But I can't get any kind of response by email?  Not sure what to do?  I can't really just buy another plane ticket to "go check" but is that really what I need to do?

Hey there, I had my interview Oct 17th. I will say it is weird you didn't receive an email. I can almost guarantee it's still there if you haven't received a shipping notice with a tracking number, check AIS I believe it's supposed to update there when documents have been shipped. From my correspondence with the Consulate they will not ship any documents out until the postal strike is completely over. This is the generic email they're sending every one below.... the contact they list will NOT help you at all though with the postal strike, they will tell you to email the Consulate. My only luck with contacting someone is through this email, make sure to write your childs case number and name in the subject.... montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

Good luck and take a deep breath, you've come this far.. and you guys will make it though this mess! 

We are contacting you in relation to your recent U.S. visa application.

Due to a possible postal service interruption we will be unable to ship your documents to you for the moment.

For this reason, we are offering you to pick up your documents in person at the time and place listed below:

- Date: November 6, 2018, from 10:00am to 12:00 pm

- Place: 1155 rue St-Alexandre, Montréal, Québec , H3B 1Z1

If you were issued a red pickup ticket, please bring it with you at pickup. 

If you were not issued a red ticket, you must bring this email (printed or electronic) with you at pickup and present it at the consulate. 

If you cannot make it at the given date, you are free to come Monday to Friday, from 10:00am to 12:00 pm 

If you cannot make it, a friend or family member can pickup for you. They must provide the email or red ticket and a government issued photo ID at the time of pickup. 

If it is not convenient for you and you prefer to wait until the postal services are reestablished, you do not need to take any actions. We will ship your documents as usual once the service is reestablished. 

If you have already picked up your passport, please disregard this email

For any questions, please contact our official U.S. Visa Information services at: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/contact_us

March 2015 : Met Online (tumblr)

12/04/2017 : I-129F Packet Sent

12/07/2017 : NOA 1 Received

06/18/2018 : NOA 2 Received (194 days)

08/08/2018 : Packet 3 received

08/29/2018 : Packet 4 received

10/17/2018 : Interview - APPROVED! (314 days)

11/06/2018 : Visa in hand

11/06/2018 : POE - Montreal, Ontario 

From sending of I-129F petition to POE - 573 days.

🇨🇦🇺🇸❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, MariahK said:

Hey there, I had my interview Oct 17th. I will say it is weird you didn't receive an email. I can almost guarantee it's still there if you haven't received a shipping notice with a tracking number, check AIS I believe it's supposed to update there when documents have been shipped. From my correspondence with the Consulate they will not ship any documents out until the postal strike is completely over. This is the generic email they're sending every one below.... the contact they list will NOT help you at all though with the postal strike, they will tell you to email the Consulate. My only luck with contacting someone is through this email, make sure to write your childs case number and name in the subject.... montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

Good luck and take a deep breath, you've come this far.. and you guys will make it though this mess! 

Due to a possible postal service interruption we will be unable to ship your documents to you for the moment.

For this reason, we are offering you to pick up your documents in person at the time and place listed below:

If you were not issued a red ticket, you must bring this email (printed or electronic) with you at pickup and present it at the consulate. 

If you cannot make it at the given date, you are free to come Monday to Friday, from 10:00am to 12:00 pm 

If you cannot make it, a friend or family member can pickup for you. They must provide the email or red ticket and a government issued photo ID at the time of pickup. 

If it is not convenient for you and you prefer to wait until the postal services are reestablished, you do not need to take any actions. We will ship your documents as usual once the service is reestablished. 

For any questions, please contact our official U.S. Visa Information services at: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/information/contact_us

Thanks,  This whole process has been such a challenge to say the very least!    I've emailed Montreal twice but just get a statement reaffirming that they won't ship anything.  They won't even let me know if picking up is an option!  When did you receive your email about pick up?  Do I need anything, or can I just "show up"?  

2 hours ago, Momtolots said:

Thanks,  This whole process has been such a challenge to say the very least!    I've emailed Montreal twice but just get a statement reaffirming that they won't ship anything.  They won't even let me know if picking up is an option!  When did you receive your email about pick up?  Do I need anything, or can I just "show up"?  

From other's experiences, you just need photo ID to pick up your Passport once you receive the email.

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it possible the way you worded the email to them was not direct enough? 

Also check your spam folder even though you may have received some email from them, it's still possible one made it's way to the spam folder. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
On 11/6/2018 at 2:54 PM, Momtolots said:

Picking up is an option. They have about four bins of packages. They won't ship anything out until the strike is completely over. You can email the Consulate and tell them you are picking up your documents for a certain date and to not ship out your documents and they will do this. When I went to get mine the lady had written on my package to not ship, that I was picking up. Just copy and paste the email into a word doc and print it out, or screen shot it on your phone, and just bring a piece of government ID. I was in and out in 16 minutes, it's a huge pain in the ###, but this strike could go on for a month. 

🇨🇦🇺🇸❤️

On 11/5/2018 at 2:08 PM, Momtolots said:

It is annoying process ever my passport got stuck at Montreal I had the interview on October 29 and Iwas approved my status changed to issued,is  but I haven’t received email to pick up ,I see others got their passport within 3 days ,I don’t know to do .did you get your daughter’s? 

Edited by Bezasimon

On 11/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, MariahK said:

Hello. Is there any way for someone to send me that automatic email? We have been waiting forever to get our passports. Thank you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rawan jaber said:

Hello. Is there any way for someone to send me that automatic email? We have been waiting forever to get our passports. Thank you 

what's your email? The only issue with the automatic email is that it has my name on it. You can just copy and paste the email into a word doc an take the name out. Thats what a lot of people have done here. It's so silly they're still not sending everyone the email. 

🇨🇦🇺🇸❤️

Well here’s the thing! The case was just updated today that it’s been issued and if you don’t receive it in 5 days blah blah blah. But the AIS website hasn’t been updated and no email yet. I’m curious if anyone has received their passport in the recent days from the consulate and if the “5 days” does apply or it will be delayed. I was ready to just go pick it up and suck up the 8 hour drive. But now with the new info I won’t. 

1 hour ago, MariahK said:

what's your email? The only issue with the automatic email is that it has my name on it. You can just copy and paste the email into a word doc an take the name out. Thats what a lot of people have done here. It's so silly they're still not sending everyone the email. 

By the way thanks for reply :) my email is my name Rawanjaber@hotmail.ca thx again. Maybe my moms will be sent out and I’ll use the email for mine later. Hers is more important right now though. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Check this thread for information on how to pickup your passport 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/687797-passport-return-canada-post-strike/?page=12

On 11/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Rawan jaber said:

Hey! Any new updates?! 

I received email to pick up on Friday and I went there on Monday(3 days ago )I  picked up my passport from the consulate when My status changed to final processing if you don’t pick in more than 5 days...I hope you will get yours soon 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.