Galina

To whom it may consern...

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Russ and Galina,

Exactly WHY do you think it's helpful for you to be airing your dirty laundry in a public forum?

I will never understand why private matters have to become so public.

Jen

Jen - actually this part I do understand.... sometimes (in fact almost always) it feels good to get something like this aired out in public rather then keep it all bottled up inside. In other words it's often a relief if you can get something like this off your chest. (Bottled up emotions can tear a person apart!)

Not disputing the need to vent and heal.... just questioning the venue. Do these people have no friends, families, therapists to talk to?

I didn't start it,

you were more than happy cto discuss this dirty laundry with Russ last year, so I thought it would be fair to tell my side...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galina!!If you are unhappy WHY are you staying with him?When i read your post i couldn't believe!!

Good luck

Если тебе одиноко на душе -буду рада помочь тебе...

Я только не понимаю если он так с тобой обращается-почему вы вместе??

Спасибо, мне просто уже все равно... Да и потом, бить он меня больше не пытался, а остальное значения не имеет. За поддержку спасибо...

All I can say is wow.

That's not true. I can say more.

Galina, I have had some private messages from Russ in the past on some issues, long before you started posting here. All I can say is that it is obvious he cares about you and wants you in his life, based on what he told me. If you guys are having issues, it would be good to seek some professional assistance in working them out.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Why bother? He is happy, I'll manage... Besides, I don't believe in psychology/marriage counseling, I know the business from the inside...

He also omitted a couple of important details about that night when things went seriously south, like how he punched me in the belly so hard that I bled for a couple of hours (and yes, it was a miscarriage, and it was his child...) or how he threw me out on the street knowing perfectly well that I was hurt badly and had no place to go (I didn't sleep for two days, just walking around the city, being too scared to join the bums)?

Galina, don't get upset with me for doubting you, but I've having a little trouble believing this is completely true. That's criminal behavior, and if it was true wouldn't he be in jail?

He also omitted a couple of important details about that night when things went seriously south, like how he punched me in the belly so hard that I bled for a couple of hours (and yes, it was a miscarriage, and it was his child...) or how he threw me out on the street knowing perfectly well that I was hurt badly and had no place to go (I didn't sleep for two days, just walking around the city, being too scared to join the bums)?

Galina, don't get upset with me for doubting you, but I've having a little trouble believing this is completely true. That's criminal behavior, and if it was true wouldn't he be in jail?

I am not upset and am not going to try to prove anything. You have all possible right in the world to doubt me - you were not there (thanks for being so tactful about doubting though), believe it or not, that's my side of the story. I didn't know how to handle that situation properly (apparently, he did) so that's how things worked out for me. There is nothing more or less to say...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Not disputing the need to vent and heal.... just questioning the venue. Do these people have no friends, families, therapists to talk to?
I am always thinking the same thing when someone has posted 3000+ times on VJ in the last year!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am always thinking the same thing when someone has posted 3000+ times on VJ in the last year!
kaching!!! The money shot goes to Satellite. Excellent.

Damned interlopers.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Whatever it was, you both seemed to have worked things out "in your own way". You both probably have some growing up to do, I say that respectfully.

The only thing that really bothers me about your story is the mis-carriage as a result of an injury inflicted upon you. Isn't that considered murder in most states, and in others, isn't it at least a serious felony?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Chuckles as far as a murder charge goes in most states it only applies after the fetus is 24 weeks old(viablility). but it can certainly be construed as assault with intent or even attempted murder 2 due to the nature of the injury and the result( her walking out etc) if she refused medical care that is one problem but because it was possible to bleed out from the injury she could claim that she was not able to make clear decisions in her condition(kind of like getting bonked on the head and going on Jeopardy)

My heart goes out to any couple that struggles through issues and doesnt communicate openly and honestly. I hope that they both can find their happiness apart or together whichever they want.

My sister was struck many times years ago by her sons father, not a nice man and when we heard(6:30 am on sunday morning) I thought my father was going to go to prison for killing the loser. The world would be a much better place if people would not take out their anger or frustrations on each other. Always remember when you are angry count to 10, take a walk, think before acting, do anything other than striking someone else.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

kaching!!! The money shot goes to Satellite. Excellent.

Damned interlopers.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Cute. Perhaps you should ask Ewok to exlcude this informative forum from the list when one selects 'view new posts'. I never know what forum I'm in unless I look for clarity about a person's question. Although I there are consistent themes across some... this one in particular. I can usually guess before I even check.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline
It seems there is a point at which some the "VJ wives" or "FSU wives" will eventually get fed-up with their husbands and start to take out their frustrations here on the board. I remember Mrs. Satellite's diatribe, and just this week, Jewel's rant about her husband as well. It makes me wonder... what's my wife got to say about me?

I shouldn't have complained about my hubby, and I shouldn't have done it here. I regret having done that. I'm neither fed up nor frustrated, and he knows very well what I got to say about him. All the time. If I think he screwed up, I tell him that. If my husband makes me mad at times and if I think he's done something stupid, it doesn't mean I'm fed up. I do stupid things too, and he tells me that, does this mean we have a bad relationship? I wouldn't say so.

Having read some stuff on VJ, and having seen some friends of mine getting married and subsequently divorced, I can be 100% sure that I'm in a very happy marriage.

Galina, you are serious about that, right? This is horrible. This is not something a person should put up with. Gosh, I can't tell you what to do, but please, be safe...

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Timeline
Russ and Galina,

Exactly WHY do you think it's helpful for you to be airing your dirty laundry in a public forum?

I will never understand why private matters have to become so public.

Jen

Jen - actually this part I do understand.... sometimes (in fact almost always) it feels good to get something like this aired out in public rather then keep it all bottled up inside. In other words it's often a relief if you can get something like this off your chest. (Bottled up emotions can tear a person apart!)

I volunteered at a battered women's shelter at one point (and probably will again), and I can tell you that it's a lot easier for victims of abuse to talk to strangers than friends and family.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Galya sorry but what you tell is just too horrible to be 100% believable. Just too much drama for a smart woman like yourself! You are obviously stressed and in need of professional help, however skeptical you may be about it. Believe me, it helps, even those who "know the business from within", - provided of course that they WANT to deal with their victimous behavior. PM me if you like.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

First off, for all those that happen to "stumble upon our threads", welcome to the forum! I'm glad you can be entertained by the intricacies of our relationships and the problems contained therein. I'm glad you find it amusing that you can visit the forum here and view what our members are posting about real problems and real issues in their real lives. But when you "stumble upon your keyboard" and add your two pence, it's really annoying! Thanks for helping with the "K-1 applicants must submit this..." but please save the "Russian women are so spoiled by their overbearing husbands..." for your own forum. Thanks!

For everyone "at home" here on the thread....

There are issues in each relationship. All of us on here. Sometimes we do need to vent a little, and sometimes the only place where we're going to find a common bond between couples is here on VJ. Unless you hang out with a lot of Russian/American couples at home, there's probably not too many that are going to relate. We have a unique situation from most other couples here in the U.S.

However, there are similarities as well. When young people get married... there are issues! Issues that sometimes need worked out in one way or another. Sometimes they don't make the right decisions, and sometimes they do. All I know is, even young people are adults, and can make up their own minds about what they will or will not do. It seems that everyone on this forum is intelligent enough to make rational decisions. Sometimes, we need to get a little advice first, or maybe see if others are going through the same thing before we take action. Or, maybe we just need a little reassurance or piece of mind.

I hope this forum can help all of us with that. Posting our "real-world, everyday, personal problems" on here isn't really airing our "dirty laundry", it's finding a forum in which we can get the best advice possible without having those around us that know us judge us for what we're going through. Better for a VJ poster to judge us than our best friends or our own parents, children, etc. Besides, they've already judged us anyway!

Good luck to all in their relationships, and I hope that we can post what we're going through, good and bad, here in the Russia forum, and that we can help each other out.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.