B&Gloria

Chile K1 Help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is anyone on here applying for a K1 Visa in Santiago, Chile?

Unfortunately the US Embassy in Chile and also VJ have little to no information about the process on the internet. The information on VJ seems to be a bit confusing and outdated. It says that we must take a I-156k which after a few Google searches no longer exists, now everything is done on the DS-160.

I believe that my case will be sent out this week from the NVC to the Santiago embassy so I'm wondering the following:

1. What documents/paperwork should I gather to send by courier to my Fiance in Chile? 

2. What documents/paperwork should SHE gather for the interview?

3. It seems that Chile doesn't require you to send paperwork before the interview. Can someone confirm this?

4. Once the case says "Ready" on the NVC website...Do I contact the US Embassy or do we wait for them to contact us? 

5. Where can I pay the Fee?

It would be a miracle if someone could help me out with an idea to this. I'm lost after the NVC phase, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that much info about K1 in Chile on the internet. 

Thank you!!

Timeline

Got the email from the embassy. Someone googling this in the future may find this useful...

You don't have to send paperwork before the interview. The visa fee can be paid when you book the appointment on the US Visa Services website. 

Edited by B&Gloria

• 4 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 10:26 PM, B&Gloria said:

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is anyone on here applying for a K1 Visa in Santiago, Chile?

Unfortunately the US Embassy in Chile and also VJ have little to no information about the process on the internet. The information on VJ seems to be a bit confusing and outdated. It says that we must take a I-156k which after a few Google searches no longer exists, now everything is done on the DS-160.

I believe that my case will be sent out this week from the NVC to the Santiago embassy so I'm wondering the following:

1. What documents/paperwork should I gather to send by courier to my Fiance in Chile? 

2. What documents/paperwork should SHE gather for the interview?

3. It seems that Chile doesn't require you to send paperwork before the interview. Can someone confirm this?

4. Once the case says "Ready" on the NVC website...Do I contact the US Embassy or do we wait for them to contact us? 

5. Where can I pay the Fee?

It would be a miracle if someone could help me out with an idea to this. I'm lost after the NVC phase, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be that much info about K1 in Chile on the internet. 

Thank you!!

How did everything go?

Did they send packet 3 to your fiance in chile? OR to you

Timeline
On 3/29/2019 at 7:13 AM, Savvy said:

How did everything go?

Did they send packet 3 to your fiance in chile? OR to you

It has gone OK. We finally recieved an appointment date. Even though they told me to not contact them, I decided to do so because it's been too long. And they "thanked" me for contacting them and set up an interview. All the information was sent to me, the embassy hasn't sent her information directly. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
On 3/31/2019 at 7:31 PM, B&Gloria said:

It has gone OK. We finally recieved an appointment date. Even though they told me to not contact them, I decided to do so because it's been too long. And they "thanked" me for contacting them and set up an interview. All the information was sent to me, the embassy hasn't sent her information directly. 

Oh god. We just got the email about the NVC mailing the packet to the embassy, so I'll just keep in mind that I should  be very annoying. So right now we're gathering the documentation to bring to the interview. Which to clarify, you said everything can be paid for in Chile at the visa center, and just bring a packet with all those documents in it to the visa interview. 

When were the dates (generally) for scheduling the interview? He's going to be back in May in Santiago so we were hoping we could get a K1 interview in around Juneish

We decided not to renew a lease if he was going to be moving here. 

• 10 months later...
Timeline
On 4/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, Savvy said:

Oh god. We just got the email about the NVC mailing the packet to the embassy, so I'll just keep in mind that I should  be very annoying. So right now we're gathering the documentation to bring to the interview. Which to clarify, you said everything can be paid for in Chile at the visa center, and just bring a packet with all those documents in it to the visa interview. 

When were the dates (generally) for scheduling the interview? He's going to be back in May in Santiago so we were hoping we could get a K1 interview in around Juneish

We decided not to renew a lease if he was going to be moving here. 

Hi there. I just got approved now it's going to nvc. Can you tell me next steps and what to expect? What documents did they ask for? How long for an interview? We filed for a k1 visa. What questions did they ask?

On 11/2/2018 at 7:57 PM, B&Gloria said:

Got the email from the embassy. Someone googling this in the future may find this useful...

You don't have to send paperwork before the interview. The visa fee can be paid when you book the appointment on the US Visa Services website. 

Hi there. I just got approved now it's going to nvc. Can you tell me next steps and what to expect? What documents did they ask for? How long for an interview? We filed for a k1 visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Two year old thread locked to further replies. Please start your own thread if you have question of your own.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.