AshleyJill

Medical Exam - Vaccination Record

18 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to see what others experiences were when having their medical exam done and providing their vaccination record.  I can't find my little yellow book/record, but my family's doctor office was able to provide me with the dates via telephone.  When providing the vaccination records to the examiner, what specifically do they want?  If I have the dates etc written down, is that enough?  Or do I need something from my doctor himself? 

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I’m literally trying to figure this out now. This is what the doctor sent me to prep for my medical exam. 

Basically, there’s a lot of wiggle room here if you don’t have an official record. You can request a blood test from your doctor to see what you have been vaccinated against. 

CDEC92C6-E897-48DC-99C9-F73C69677A22.jpeg

C200AD75-5931-45E0-A931-F2FBABF04799.jpeg

Timeline

My personal experience, I saw Mascarenahas in Toronto and all he did was ask me if I’d ever had the chicken pox and I said yes. I had my yellow booklet with me and he didn’t even ask. 

Timeline

Can your family doctor provide the necessary information to you signed/on letterhead? Chicken pox you only need to give verbal confirmation, but the rest they are going to want something official that proves you had the vaccinations (or a titre test that proves you have the antibodies).

Timeline

This might not help you... because it's for Ontario... but I was able to access my records here https://sdhu.icon.ehealthontario.ca/#!/welcome .... depending on your province you have a website similar where you can access them... I would call your local Public Health centre and see if they can get your records for you. 

I also had a checklist form the doctor that I had to take with me to my clinic to my have my doctor sign off on. (Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and the flu shot) were all on this checklist 

The visa doctor will need to see your immunization record, so I highly suggest you try your best to get it because it will make the ride a lot smoother. Good luck!! My medical exam was fairly easy in the end, so just make sure you have the right paperwork and the rest isn't bad at all! 

March 2015 : Met Online (tumblr)

12/04/2017 : I-129F Packet Sent

12/07/2017 : NOA 1 Received

06/18/2018 : NOA 2 Received (194 days)

08/08/2018 : Packet 3 received

08/29/2018 : Packet 4 received

10/17/2018 : Interview - APPROVED! (314 days)

11/06/2018 : Visa in hand

11/06/2018 : POE - Montreal, Ontario 

From sending of I-129F petition to POE - 573 days.

🇨🇦🇺🇸❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MariahK said:

This might not help you... because it's for Ontario... but I was able to access my records here https://sdhu.icon.ehealthontario.ca/#!/welcome .... depending on your province you have a website similar where you can access them... I would call your local Public Health centre and see if they can get your records for you. 

I also had a checklist form the doctor that I had to take with me to my clinic to my have my doctor sign off on. (Td/Tdap, MMR, Varicella, and the flu shot) were all on this checklist 

The visa doctor will need to see your immunization record, so I highly suggest you try your best to get it because it will make the ride a lot smoother. Good luck!! My medical exam was fairly easy in the end, so just make sure you have the right paperwork and the rest isn't bad at all! 

Heads up for Alberta. If you’ve lost your childhood records, they only go back to 1985. I lost mine, so I’m just going to get the 3 or 4 vaccines done in Montreal at Medisys when I get my physical done.

10 hours ago, BChance said:

Heads up for Alberta. If you’ve lost your childhood records, they only go back to 1985. I lost mine, so I’m just going to get the 3 or 4 vaccines done in Montreal at Medisys when I get my physical done.

Don't!!  Get them done at the health clinic.  You may get them for free! (I did!) I was living in AB before I immigrated.  Had my Dr do my yearly and my titres before I left. 

My records were unavailable in BC as well as I was born in 81. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
2 hours ago, NikLR said:

Don't!!  Get them done at the health clinic.  You may get them for free! (I did!) I was living in AB before I immigrated.  Had my Dr do my yearly and my titres before I left. 

My records were unavailable in BC as well as I was born in 81. 

The problem I have though, is that I live in Mexico. If I get the shots here, will they accept them up there? I have to pay for them here as well, so I definately don’t want to pay twice! I’m in a bit of a pickle

12 hours ago, BChance said:

The problem I have though, is that I live in Mexico. If I get the shots here, will they accept them up there? I have to pay for them here as well, so I definately don’t want to pay twice! I’m in a bit of a pickle

Ah poo, if you get them there they are still valid up here.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
On 10/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, BChance said:

I’m from Alberta, too. I called a local Public Health Centre and was able to get pre-1985 immunization records. The records had to be accessed from some archival location, but they were available. I received a faded copy of a handwritten record of immunization shots given to me in the 1960s / 1970s. I had to tell them my maiden name.  Here’s a link to help you find contact info for a local Public Health Centre:

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/findhealth/search.aspx?type=facility&source=ahs

Timeline
52 minutes ago, CB and JB said:

I’m from Alberta, too. I called a local Public Health Centre and was able to get pre-1985 immunization records. The records had to be accessed from some archival location, but they were available. I received a faded copy of a handwritten record of immunization shots given to me in the 1960s / 1970s. I had to tell them my maiden name.  Here’s a link to help you find contact info for a local Public Health Centre:

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/findhealth/search.aspx?type=facility&source=ahs

Thanks, I will give that a try!!!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, BChance said:

Thanks, I will give that a try!!!

No luck. They say they only keep records from 1985 onwards..... Also said they have no archived records from before this year. Hmm

I got my flu shot last Friday - the pharmacist gave me a little card with his info, the shot I got and the date of the shot - will this suffice if I include it with my immunization record? I figured since my PoE will be in December(ish) that I should just get the flu shot over with, especially since it's free here and $25 at Medisys :P

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

22 hours ago, arellah said:

I got my flu shot last Friday - the pharmacist gave me a little card with his info, the shot I got and the date of the shot - will this suffice if I include it with my immunization record? I figured since my PoE will be in December(ish) that I should just get the flu shot over with, especially since it's free here and $25 at Medisys :P

yes that's fine.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.