jeszy

I-693 I don't know if they have my records or not.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hi, 

I am following the K1 flowchart and its time to do the I-693 form.

I got all the vaccination during the original overseas medical examination. But i did not have any English documentation about it. (no DS-3025)

I gave my sealed envelope at first to the embassy agent in Hungary and then another one the POE and they did not give me any papers back. 

The instructions are the following:

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year
of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the
vaccination requirements.
If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included
as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination
Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9.
of Form I-693.

So what do i have to do now? 

Can a local civil surgeon verify my vaccinations with my Hungarian vaccination record book?  

If not then i have to get all the shots again and i have to go thru the whole medical once again? 

(At least this is how i understand this document)

Thank you for your help!

Edited by jeszy

1 hour ago, jeszy said:

So what do i have to do now? 

Can a local civil surgeon verify my vaccinations with my Hungarian vaccination record book?  

If not then i have to get all the shots again and i have to go thru the whole medical once again? 

(At least this is how i understand this document)

Your should have gotten the DS-3025 when you did your medical examination.  

Since you don't have verifying all the vaccines you received you will need to see your nearest civil surgeon and get the I-693 completed to submit with your AOS.  The Civil Surgeon will decide which vaccines you get based on age and any documentation you bring.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.