Jump to content
Ginie2010

I’m a category IR7 on my green card . And i filed for my husband in Haiti. Does the category IR7 actually mean something?

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Ginie2010 said:

I filed in October for my husband in Haiti i-130

10/07/2018

i-130 filed and sent to the USCIS 

WAITING for the case number 

From what I know that category just means that you’re a child of a US Citizen doesn’t effect you from sponsoring/petitioning for anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ginie2010 said:

Oh ok . Hopefully that have a impact on my case . Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 

I will say though that they push US Citizens petitions faster than green card holders. I read a lot to see differences between petitions/statuses & that was an “interesting” fact I came across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gsdc23 said:

I will say though that they push US Citizens petitions faster than green card holders. I read a lot to see differences between petitions/statuses & that was an “interesting” fact I came across.

The thing is 

it says im a child of citizen. But i’m a green card holder . Because before i was 18 , my dad was Married to a US citizen . And that’s actually how i got my green card 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ginie2010 said:

The thing is 

it says im a child of citizen. But i’m a green card holder . Because before i was 18 , my dad was Married to a US citizen . And that’s actually how i got my green card 

Yes, when your dad got married, his US citizen spouse technically became your parent which is how, I assume, you & your dad both got your green card. 

 

My parents & I were all immigrants from Haiti but because they naturalized & became US citizens before my siblings & I turned 18, we automatically became citizens with them & got our certificates without any tests or anything. Same thing would’ve happened for you if your father would’ve gotten his US citizenship before you turned 18. It’s all a puzzle lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

Yes, when your dad got married, his US citizen spouse technically became your parent which is how, I assume, you & your dad both got your green card. 

 

My parents & I were all immigrants from Haiti but because they naturalized & became US citizens before my siblings & I turned 18, we automatically became citizens with them & got our certificates without any tests or anything. Same thing would’ve happened for you if your father would’ve gotten his US citizenship before you turned 18. It’s all a puzzle lol.

Oh ok got it .  But lets wait and see what happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ginie2010 said:

Oh ok got it .  But lets wait and see what happen 

As long as you dot your “i’s” & cross your “t’s” everything will be fine. Just prepare with your husband about any possible questions he might be asked at his interview. I know that’s a little while away but you can never be too prepared lol. Good luck on your journey! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gsdc23 said:

As long as you dot your “i’s” & cross your “t’s” everything will be fine. Just prepare with your husband about any possible questions he might be asked at his interview. I know that’s a little while away but you can never be too prepared lol. Good luck on your journey! 

Thx hun . I practice with him every day . Thx love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

I will say though that they push US Citizens petitions faster than green card holders. I read a lot to see differences between petitions/statuses & that was an “interesting” fact I came across.

It’s not “pushing”, it’s categorization. This is because the spouse of a US citizen is an immediate relative category with no numerical limits and the only wait is the processing time. The spouse of a green card holder is category F2A which is numerically limited per calendar year, so the beneficiary has to wait for their priority date to become current. The current wait for F2A is around two years https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-november-2018.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s not “pushing”, it’s categorization. This is because the spouse of a US citizen is an immediate relative category with no numerical limits and the only wait is the processing time. The spouse of a green card holder is category F2A which is numerically limited per calendar year, so the beneficiary has to wait for their priority date to become current. The current wait for F2A is around two years https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-november-2018.html

Oh ok got it now . Thx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s not “pushing”, it’s categorization. This is because the spouse of a US citizen is an immediate relative category with no numerical limits and the only wait is the processing time. The spouse of a green card holder is category F2A which is numerically limited per calendar year, so the beneficiary has to wait for their priority date to become current. The current wait for F2A is around two years https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-november-2018.html

Thank you for the clarification ☺️.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×