msham

Passport Return: Canada Post strike

326 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

We chose home delivery so we would have the option for escalating it if needed, but yeah looks like it’s speeding up and we won’t need to do that anyway! 

Awesome! Keep up posted. My interview is Monday....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, BChance said:

Awesome! Keep up posted. My interview is Monday....

Good luck to you!! 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Timeline

Visa in hand! 2 business days after interview. Delivery in Ottawa probably made it a bit faster, but seems like the delivery slow downs are now resolved. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, BananaButton5 said:

Visa in hand! 2 business days after interview. Delivery in Ottawa probably made it a bit faster, but seems like the delivery slow downs are now resolved. 

That’s awesome!! Did they come right to your door? Did the tracking info say what time they would be there? Thanks for positng

Timeline
2 hours ago, BChance said:

That’s awesome!! Did they come right to your door? Did the tracking info say what time they would be there? Thanks for positng

Came for the door and just signed for it. The tracking showed when It was out for delivery but with no specific time. 

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 4:45 PM, PSMB said:

Thanks! I chose pick up.

Congrats on your approval. Did you receive your passport packet back yet? Also, when and how to you pay fee? Thanks!

Timeline
54 minutes ago, MissMyHusband said:

Congrats on your approval. Did you receive your passport packet back yet? Also, when and how to you pay fee? Thanks!

Thank you. Yes I got it today. I’m not sure which fee you are talking about, but if it’s the visa processing fee, it’s when you are about to schedule your interview. 

Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 3:51 PM, PSMB said:

I had the interview too yesterday and ceac shows on admin processing. I just got an email from the Canada Post that they’ve already picked up my passport and estimated date of delivery to the post office will be tomorrow. The ceac website still has not updated despite the fact that canada post has already the parcel.

Hi! So this information just came directly from Canada post to your email? So glad to hear you got your passport back so quickly!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alyssamac90 said:

Hi! So this information just came directly from Canada post to your email? So glad to hear you got your passport back so quickly!

Thanks! Yes, Canada post will send email whenever there are updates on the parcel. 

Timeline

On ceac, my Status is issued and “final processing”.  anyone know how long it will be until I hear anything from Ais or Canada post? Hoping to receive a tracking number today but haven’t got an email yet. What time of day did everyone receive tracking numbers?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.