hediye

traffic ticket jail time

3 posts in this topic

filed I-751 about 8 month ago went through finger print received the NOA so now we waiting on actual green card, but

unfortunately my husband was involved in a severe accident while he was using his job's van, 

when police arrived he couldn't find his wallet therefore received a ticket for not having his license , 

however after this whole incident doctors appointment etc we compeletely forgot about the ticket and didn't show up to court,

so today he was pulled over and arrested (for NO SHOW), I bailed him out same day.

NOW should I call USCIS and let them know, how would this effect the whole application ?

I called couple lawyers they said it shouldn't effect his application but I am honestly so terrified after all it will go towards him as criminal record  

11 minutes ago, hediye said:

filed I-751 about 8 month ago went through finger print received the NOA so now we waiting on actual green card, but

unfortunately my husband was involved in a severe accident while he was using his job's van, 

when police arrived he couldn't find his wallet therefore received a ticket for not having his license , 

however after this whole incident doctors appointment etc we compeletely forgot about the ticket and didn't show up to court,

so today he was pulled over and arrested (for NO SHOW), I bailed him out same day.

NOW should I call USCIS and let them know, how would this effect the whole application ?

I called couple lawyers they said it shouldn't effect his application but I am honestly so terrified after all it will go towards him as criminal record  

After reading all of this it really shouldn't affect the petition at all but don't be surprised if a question is asked about it. 

But you guys need to settle this ticket ASAP.

55 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

After reading all of this it really shouldn't affect the petition at all but don't be surprised if a question is asked about it. 

But you guys need to settle this ticket ASAP.

definatly will new court set up for next month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.