Gabrielejjn

Medical without patient summary

20 posts in this topic

I had to wait around 4 weeks for my gp summary. I also had to write a letter asking for it and pay £35. It is sheer laziness on your go surgery's behalf. I felt mugged off as Ive never heard of anyone else having to pay for that. But I was desperate so I paid it. 

I went to the medical without it and then emailed it over to them once It was ready three weeks after. So ask them for it as soon as you can. 

Good luck with your visa journey! 

Currently at my medical now!

Just wanted to share my experience though: at my GP surgery you have to register for patient access (an online system) and only then can you request your records at reception. Patient access took about 2/3 days to unlock after I registered using a link the surgery gave me.

I then returned to the surgery, and was told to fill in a form and tick off what records I wanted to see; immunisations was an option which I ticked, but I had to write in care summary in the "others" box. They said it'll take up to 4 weeks but ended up only taking 1.

I was then able to download a PDF and print it out, 5 pages long with very short summaries of previous treatments. Only thing it said for immunisations was "up to date".

I didn't have to pay anything.

Edited by Caminho

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah this doesn't sound right, I rang my GP literally yesterday at 8:20am asking them to print it off for me, I had it in hand by 8:45 (bit worrying considering it was something I actually forgot) I'm pretty sure on the Knightsbridge email it says they don't want the whole medical history so I'm sure the 2 pages you printed off are enough, mine is only a page and a half long. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.