Gabrielejjn

Medical without patient summary

20 posts in this topic

Hello, has anyone been to medical without patient summary? I have received my interview email on thursday, got medical booked for 5th november and today called my gp about patient summary, they said it can take up to 4 weeks. I have pretty much 0 medical history in here so it shouldn’t take them that long, but still worry about them not letting me pass medical without it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Gabrielejjn said:

Hello, has anyone been to medical without patient summary? I have received my interview email on thursday, got medical booked for 5th november and today called my gp about patient summary, they said it can take up to 4 weeks. I have pretty much 0 medical history in here so it shouldn’t take them that long, but still worry about them not letting me pass medical without it.

We had an issue getting the GP to help us as well. Do you have access to your online medical records through NHS?

4 weeks!? I called my GPs secretary and she printed it off there and then. I went to the surgery about an hour later to pick it up. Call your GPs secretary if you can. My medical is on the 7th Nov

Timeline

It shouldn't take four weeks. They are either extremely lazy, have no idea what they're doing, or indeed both. If you are able to get down there, go to your GP surgery and just ask for a print out. It will take them about 10 seconds. You only need the basic print out, not your full medical history. Perhaps they have got themselves mixed up in thinking that.

I had to contact my mom because I’m not currently in the UK, and they said the summary only shows basic information (who you are, when you last visited doctor)

Im slightly sceptical about how true that is, given how lazy some receptionists can be. 

I was really surprised by it as i told them i need  only summary, they gave me piece of paper to sign saying that i might need to pay for it depending how long is it and it might take 4 weeks. Called them today again, reminded that i don't need full medical history, reception told me that i need to call tomorrow to double check as lady from finances(???) isn't in today.  So going to call tomorrow and see. Registering with that gp was a big mistake, should have believed the reviews lol

I had to write a letter to get my patient summary and it took them a week to do it for me, and even then I had to write them a second letter to change it because it said I was taking medication when I wasn't.

It is a requirement from Knightsbridge, even in the email, Knightsbridge state "We will keep your medical on hold if you do not have it with you on the day of your appointment"

I have access to my records online and the patient summary they printed off was not something I could access online.

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

8 hours ago, DktrFaustus said:

It shouldn't take four weeks. They are either extremely lazy, have no idea what they're doing, or indeed both. If you are able to get down there, go to your GP surgery and just ask for a print out. It will take them about 10 seconds. You only need the basic print out, not your full medical history. Perhaps they have got themselves mixed up in thinking that.

But that really only works if you’ve been at one GP right? If you’ve been to multiple GPs/Hospitals, that information won’t be synchronized into one patient history.

Edited by HarryWL

Timeline
12 hours ago, DktrFaustus said:

I second this! We can never get ANYWHERE with my fiance's GP over the phone, they are beyond incompetent. The only time were able to get anything done was when we went down there in person. Just tell them you need a copy of your medical summary and vaccination record and it shouldn't take them but a few minutes to print it off.

💕 Our Love Story 💕

Met Online: December 18th, 2014

Met in Person: August 31st, 2016

Began Dating: October 28th, 2016

Moved in Together in the UK: August 21st, 2017

Filed I-129F: February 7th, 2018

NOA1 Received: February 14th, 2018 💗

He Officially Proposed: August 8th, 2018

NOA2 Received: August 14th, 2018 

NVC Received: August 31st, 2018

Consulate Received: September 21, 2018

Medical Exam (Knightsbridge): October 3rd, 2018

Interview Date (London): October 24th, 2018

K1 Visa Issued: November 21st, 2018

Passport Received: November 27th, 2018

POE (Detroit): December 2nd, 2018 💚

Applied for SSN: December 22nd, 2018

Married: January 17th, 2019 💕

SSN Received: January 25th, 2019

AOS Filed: February 8th 2019

AOS Received: February 14th 2019

Biometrics Appointment Received: April 12th, 2019

Biometrics Rescheduled: July 15th, 2019

Green Card Appointment: August 1st 2019

Green Card Approved: August 29th, 2019

Green Card Issued: September 30th, 2019

Filed I-751: July 8th, 2021

I-751 Received: July 12th, 2021

Biometrics Waived: September 9th, 2021

Updated Green Card Printed: January 31st, 2023

Petition for Removal of Conditions Approved: February 1st, 2023

10 Year Green Card Received: February 6th, 2023

Timeline
12 hours ago, HarryWL said:

But that really only works if you’ve been at one GP right? If you’ve been to multiple GPs/Hospitals, that information won’t be synchronized into one patient history.

I can't say for certain but I imagine it would, right? Don't they transfer medical histories etc over from surgery to surgery?

Just want to add my 2 cents to this.

From what I understand when you go into the GP and ask for a patient summary they will print off your medical records. I thought Knightbridge were asking for a short summary from your GP to support this also.

For example if you've had depression its my understanding that Knightsbridge want to see comment on this from your doctor with your doctor confirming 'After treatment for a period of xxx I do not believe xxx is a danger to himself or others'

That's just what I get from the information on here. Might be completely wrong.

So after calling them 3 days in a row they printed it out today. And it says "patient summary" It has all my details and literally all appointments i had since i registered with gp in 2013. it's just 2 pages as i had 2 blood tests and couple appointments in that time, with blood test results and description of what appointment were about. Is this something that someone has brought with them to medical? was it enough? it mentions active problems, patient plan, allergies, current medication and communication within 2 months,  with "no information recorded" under all of them.

2 hours ago, Gabrielejjn said:

So after calling them 3 days in a row they printed it out today. And it says "patient summary" It has all my details and literally all appointments i had since i registered with gp in 2013. it's just 2 pages as i had 2 blood tests and couple appointments in that time, with blood test results and description of what appointment were about. Is this something that someone has brought with them to medical? was it enough? it mentions active problems, patient plan, allergies, current medication and communication within 2 months,  with "no information recorded" under all of them.

Following.

my current GP said there’s nothing on my current summary except for a referral, but I have had other GPS in the past so I might try contacting their offices. 

I registered with 2 gp's since 2013 and it has information from both of them. So as far as i'm aware new gp should request and have info from old one. I'm hoping someone who's been through this is going to reply with their experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.