MGMNJS

Noa2 to Visa timeframe - K1

29 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2018 at 3:40 PM, PSMB said:

Yeah, hopefully there’s something this week.

9 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

Our case got to Montreal the same day as yours, we haven't gotten Packet 3 yet either, hopefully this week! 

8 hours ago, datnukkahd said:

Let me know when either of you get it and I'll do the same

So we sent packet 3 this morning without ever receiving it yet. And then Packet 4 was emailed to my fiance today.  I would suggest just sending packet 3 even if you haven't received it yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, datnukkahd said:

So we sent packet 3 this morning without ever receiving it yet. And then Packet 4 was emailed to my fiance today.  I would suggest just sending packet 3 even if you haven't received it yet. 

Will try again tomorrow. I did try sending packet 3 few days after it says its ready and they sent me an email saying that dont send anything yet unless they ask. 

2 hours ago, PSMB said:

@datnukkahd do you know if January interview dates are already available?  Thanks 

We didn't even look at January. The only available date we saw in December was the 19th so we took it.

Timeline
14 hours ago, PSMB said:

Will try again tomorrow. I did try sending packet 3 few days after it says its ready and they sent me an email saying that dont send anything yet unless they ask. 

We are going to try sending today too. Let us know how it goes for you! 

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Timeline
On 11/19/2018 at 6:42 PM, datnukkahd said:

How long did it take for them to reply? We sent our Packet 3 early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything yet. 

Timeline
On 11/17/2018 at 12:55 PM, PSMB said:

Is it normal to wait 2+ weeks for the packet 3? Our application has been ready since nov 2, and still no packet 3. Also, theyve touched the application (case updated twice on ceac tracker with 2 different dates) twice already but still no email. 

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out: the only info I've received is from the NVC saying that they've received my case and are sending it to the Montreal consulate (letter is dated October 30th). How do I know when the Consulate has received my application or that they've "touched" it somehow? Should I send in my packet 3 before I get word from them? 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, TobyJuanKenobi said:

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out: the only info I've received is from the NVC saying that they've received my case and are sending it to the Montreal consulate (letter is dated October 30th). How do I know when the Consulate has received my application or that they've "touched" it somehow? Should I send in my packet 3 before I get word from them? 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

you can check the status using your case number and it will say “ready” if montreal has it. 

23 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

How long did it take for them to reply? We sent our Packet 3 early yesterday morning and haven't heard anything yet. 

So we sent packet 3 on November 12th without ever receiving it. We waited a week and sent it again on the 19th. Then several hours later on the 19th they emailed us packet 4. We noticed that the packet 4 reply was from our November 12th email.

Edited by datnukkahd

Timeline
On 11/21/2018 at 12:28 PM, PSMB said:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

you can check the status using your case number and it will say “ready” if montreal has it. 

Thank you! Still navigating the many US government sites to get the right info :)

Timeline
23 hours ago, datnukkahd said:

So we sent packet 3 on November 12th without ever receiving it. We waited a week and sent it again on the 19th. Then several hours later on the 19th they emailed us packet 4. We noticed that the packet 4 reply was from our November 12th email.

Thanks for your reply. In a weird turn of events we send Packet 3 on Tuesday (November 20th), without getting the email. We haven't heard a reply yet but then he received Packet 3 yesterday in the mail (dated November 15th), without ever receiving it to email as well...which seems really strange, I haven't heard anyone say they only received it through the mail. At least we know now that the consulate is sending mail out though. So we still haven't heard from them with Packet 4, though I realize yesterday they would have been closed for the holiday, but I'm a little worried they're not going to email it since they didn't with Packet 3. So fingers crossed they will email us back with packet 4 because there are a lot of things I need to plan around it and it's difficult without knowing our exact interview date. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/23/2018 at 11:46 AM, BananaButton5 said:

Thanks for your reply. In a weird turn of events we send Packet 3 on Tuesday (November 20th), without getting the email. We haven't heard a reply yet but then he received Packet 3 yesterday in the mail (dated November 15th), without ever receiving it to email as well...which seems really strange, I haven't heard anyone say they only received it through the mail. At least we know now that the consulate is sending mail out though. So we still haven't heard from them with Packet 4, though I realize yesterday they would have been closed for the holiday, but I'm a little worried they're not going to email it since they didn't with Packet 3. So fingers crossed they will email us back with packet 4 because there are a lot of things I need to plan around it and it's difficult without knowing our exact interview date. 

I was just checking on your timeline. I’ll be having my interview date on the 9th of January too. Good luck!

Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm just now figuring out the USCIS->NVC->Consulate process. I have a quick question regarding the medical appointment timing up with the interview. I am quite far from Montreal (Manitoba) and there are no panel doctors in our province. I will have to have a medical appointment in Montreal pretty close to my consulate interview date. I will be staying at a hotel ($$$$) and am hoping they accommodate people like me at the panel doctor place (Medisys) to be relatively close to interview time. I am a bit nervous because i see some people have medicals that are several weeks apart from the interview date. Did they choose this or was this all they could get? Any advice or knowledge on this would be very helpful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, Smashy said:

Hey everyone! I'm just now figuring out the USCIS->NVC->Consulate process. I have a quick question regarding the medical appointment timing up with the interview. I am quite far from Montreal (Manitoba) and there are no panel doctors in our province. I will have to have a medical appointment in Montreal pretty close to my consulate interview date. I will be staying at a hotel ($$$$) and am hoping they accommodate people like me at the panel doctor place (Medisys) to be relatively close to interview time. I am a bit nervous because i see some people have medicals that are several weeks apart from the interview date. Did they choose this or was this all they could get? Any advice or knowledge on this would be very helpful.

Hi. My interview is Jan 14 and just booked Medisys this morning. The latest date they said would be Jan 8 for me. 3 biz days after medical. I also am flying in, staying at an Airbnb the entire time till visa in hand. Hopefully two weeks is enough

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.