dray

Is length of administrative processing a clue ? (K1)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Besides your case I think the longest I’ve read on VJ for AP from a previous poster petitioning in Haiti with a situation somewhat similar to mine was 56 days & there were no documents requested from them but they were approved. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

the important thing here is "Did you all label the documents you had to submit after the interview?"  so they go with your case packet

and at least you know 55 K1's were approved in August / more than many countries so you are probably just going thru a process for approval

Yes, there’s a cover letter we have to submit along with our requested documents in order for us to send through DHL so they know exactly which case it belongs to. It looks like this:

221G_Submission_Letter_Haiti-1.pdf

Timeline
18 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

did you receive any documents from the CO after the interview?? Any insight on how you or the beneficiary interview went? 

yes, we got a white 221g like yours, except they did not check the top box for administrative processing . they wrote in on the bottom line a document to send in , along with her passport . we sent that in the next day (july 25). they kept her birth certificate, our pictures and other evidence of relationship . i was outside the embassy during the interview  but they wouldnt let me in . she said the interview went ok, although there was some focus on my previous marriage (also to a haitian) , and some other things . of course every case is unique, but i'm trying to isolate the AP time length factor and how that relates to the eventual outcome . 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, dray said:

yes, we got a white 221g like yours, except they did not check the top box for administrative processing . they wrote in on the bottom line a document to send in , along with her passport . we sent that in the next day (july 25). they kept her birth certificate, our pictures and other evidence of relationship . i was outside the embassy during the interview  but they wouldnt let me in . she said the interview went ok, although there was some focus on my previous marriage (also to a haitian) , and some other things . of course every case is unique, but i'm trying to isolate the AP time length factor and how that relates to the eventual outcome . 

I hear it’s usually a good sign when they want you to include your passport with whatever documents they request, but then again it’s all up to the CO if they’re satisfied with whatever document they received. On the K1 visa thread for Haiti, one girl got her passport back in about 2 weeks after submitting her requested documents, another over 2-3 months. So it really all depends there’s no rhyme or reason. 

But your CEAC status has been updating right? At least that means they’re touching/working on your case. 

I hope when you eventually do get a response it’s a positive one.

Edited by gsdc23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.