EldestElderSon

Assorted Questions for I-130

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

I'm pretty much finished with my I130 and I130A for my wife. Im doing a final review and I have some random questions that I am not sure of:

The I-130 asks for the serial number of my birth certificate. I have a "Certification of Report of Birth of a United States Citizen." Does this count?

This is a really nitpicky question and maybe its not necessary, but while filling out the history of employment and residences, I noticed that I put the final day of residency and first of residency as the same day. For example, I lived in address X until 12/05/2017 and I began living in address Y on 12/05/2017. Is this okay? Or should I count each beginning and end as its full seperate day? Maybe Im overthinking this?

My wife is from Turkey. The Turkish alpabet is Latin, but has some special characters like 'ş ı ö ç ğ ü.' However, on international Turkish postal addresses and my wife's passport, the special characters are not used. Should I use these characters on the forms and additional information sheets or just stick to the American English alphabet?

I made my own additional information form. Should i still keep the I-130's additional information page in the application and keep it blank, or take it out? 

My wife translated our marriage certificate into English herself. Shes fluent in both languages but has no official translation credentials. She wrote and signed a certificate of translation. Is this acceptable?

What do you use to organize all your documents? A binder? Do you put the G1145 after the cover letter or on top of it all?

Thats all for now! Thank you!

Edited by EldestElderSon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, EldestElderSon said:

The I-130 asks for the serial number of my birth certificate. I have a "Certification of Report of Birth of a United States Citizen." Does this count?

Can you specify where the I-130 asks for this? 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, EldestElderSon said:

The I-130 does NOT ask for the serial number of your birth certificate or anybody else's.  Read CAREFULLY, interpret LITERALLY and respond accordingly.  I think you are referring to a question asking if you have obtained a certificate of citizenship in your own name.  You have not.  You have a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or whatever it was called when you were born abroad with at least one parent who could pass US Citizenship to you.  Just answer NO to the question.  Then supply a copy of the document you mentioned as evidence of US Citizenship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.