Jump to content

México travel with green card

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Has anyone from a country that requires a visa to visit Mexico gone with their green card?


I see that they don't require a visa for residents of the US (GC holders) regardless of passport country and it's probably fine for air travel as airport passport control probably knows these things. 


We live fairly close to the border and going by land to beach towns is tempting, but they have check points along the highways going in, and I'm not sure if the 19 year old young men in the middle of nowhere who staff these things are as up to date on this or will they see a Honduran passport and go straight into giving us problems? 


If you've traveled by land within Mexico and presented a GC, let me know whether it was smooth or if you were given problems. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.