mereal

Biometric appointment

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hey guys! Last week i submitted my n400 application.. 4days later I got an email saying they scheduled my biometrics appointment.. they said next week I will get a letter with the date..I woukd like to know base on your experience usually the appointment is soon or it might takes few months to do my biometric? Thanks 

What’s your FO? I filed 10/1, bio letter was sent on 10/6 for appointment on 10/22.

The bio letter is probably already available on your myuscis account by the way.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
20 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

What’s your FO? I filed 10/1, bio letter was sent on 10/6 for appointment on 10/22.

The bio letter is probably already available on your myuscis account by the way.

I filed October the 8th.. I just got the email this morning.. do you have any idea when you gonna have your interview after the biometrics?

32 minutes ago, Rusty72 said:

Mine was quick think it was about 3 weeks

Thanks man! After you did your biometrics, how long did you have to wait before having your interview done?

12 minutes ago, mereal said:

I filed October the 8th.. I just got the email this morning.. do you have any idea when you gonna have your interview after the biometrics?

Seems to be around a year for most people at my FO :( my estimated time on myuscis is 13 months (from filing), what does yours say?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Seems to be around a year for most people at my FO :( my estimated time on myuscis is 13 months (from filing), what does yours say?

Yea min said the same.. but I read it’s all about how busy your office is! Some ppl took them about 4 or 5 month to get their citizenship .. I believe 13 months is just an estimation.. it could be less or more than 13 months

19 minutes ago, mereal said:

Yea min said the same.. but I read it’s all about how busy your office is! Some ppl took them about 4 or 5 month to get their citizenship .. I believe 13 months is just an estimation.. it could be less or more than 13 months

Yes it’s an estimate and some people are more and some less but that’s no more information than asking random people on here how long they took. There are many threads for various FOs here, see if there’s one for yours and how long most people are taking. That’s probably your best guess. The thread for my FO is pretty consistent with the 13 months it says on myuscis. 

3 hours ago, mereal said:

Thanks man! After you did your biometrics, how long did you have to wait before having your interview done?

Umm ..let see I did application beggining of march had biometrics in march and had my interview in may and had certificate in hand 2 days later at ceremony.

It is probably not as fast in other places and I was shocked how fast it was little over 70 days.

Could have been my location but who knows it was fairly easy too I think they knew before I even got to my interview because the whole interview just felt like a formality

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rusty72 said:

Umm ..let see I did application beggining of march had biometrics in march and had my interview in may and had certificate in hand 2 days later at ceremony.

It is probably not as fast in other places and I was shocked how fast it was little over 70 days.

Could have been my location but who knows it was fairly easy too I think they knew before I even got to my interview because the whole interview just felt like a formality

Wow that’s pretty cool dude.. I hope my case will be so quick like yours was.. glad you got your citizenship so quick 

4 hours ago, love_my_wife said:

It all depends on your field office. Some are pretty fast. I have seen people completing the whole process in 3 months in some places while at other places, the wait can be 12-15 months or more!

You can check your FO's processing times here- https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Hard to go by that..mine says april 2019 so...i dunno 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.