UB-Innocent

CR-1 Case under Administrative Processing for 2 months after Interview - Islamabad

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All,

I applied for my husband. Case is CR-1. His interview was in Islamabad, Pakistan on August 9th, 2018. Interview went very well. Before, the interview, when they collect original documents at a different window, they asked my husband for my(wife) IRS Tax Transcript. My husband did not have it with him since we have submitted the tax returns and it was optional. But the person on the window said:  'I wonder why you don't have it because we can see it in our system'. The lady on the window also said that 'no problem, just ask your wife to upload on the CEAC'. After that, they called him for the interview. All went good and the CO gave him white sheet 221(g) and the tax transcript box is checked. The very next day of his interview, i downloaded the Tax transcript from IRS website and uploaded on CEAC. We courier the transcript as well. Since then my husband's case is in Admin Processing and has updated on these dates:

Aug 17th - First update after interview

Aug 30 - Updated due to the email I sent to ask case status and to tell them the tax transcript has been uploaded on CEAC. They responded that they received it and its pending review. However, in CEAC its still saying 'SUBMITTED' and no green check.

Sep 5th - This update was by itself.

Sep 13th ---> This is the current date showing for the Last Case Updated Date...

Now, tomorrow will be full 1 month since the case last update date changed. I don't know what to do now and why it has stopped updating :( ...

I have emailed the embassy twice and have not received any response. Called NVC and they said that its in Admin Processing and that the embassy will contact you. I am feeling very helpless at this point. Please help me guys.. Is anyone in the same situation????

Can anyone help me whats going on as I am very confused.

How much i have wait more? 😞 :(

Edited by UB-Innocent

There's no limit to how long AP takes.

Most likely it is in background checks coming from Pakistan (they don't trust the police certificates issued there so they do their own investigation).

Best wishes.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
18 hours ago, geowrian said:

There's no limit to how long AP takes.

Most likely it is in background checks coming from Pakistan (they don't trust the police certificates issued there so they do their own investigation).

Best wishes.

I have no idea whats going on but i have my hopes high...We hope to hear good news soon.

Timeline

Could you tell me what is Islamabad Embassy’s email where you emailed them? 

I need to email them as they asked me to upload Joint sponsor’s documents on CEAC but there is not an option to add Joint Sponsor  documents there. 

And one more thing, once you guys uploaded tax transcript on CEAC, did you guys submit IRS transcript to embassy via mail as well? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, rehan120 said:

Could you tell me what is Islamabad Embassy’s email where you emailed them? 

I need to email them as they asked me to upload Joint sponsor’s documents on CEAC but there is not an option to add Joint Sponsor  documents there. 

And one more thing, once you guys uploaded tax transcript on CEAC, did you guys submit IRS transcript to embassy via mail as well? 

You just go to their website and fill out an inquiry form. Check out this link: https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

To make sure that they receive it we use every possible way to send it to them so I uploaded it on the CEAC website as well as send it to the embassy through courier. Once you upload your documents on CEAC, send them an email using the link letting them know that you have submitted the required documents.

Timeline
20 hours ago, UB-Innocent said:

You just go to their website and fill out an inquiry form. Check out this link: https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

To make sure that they receive it we use every possible way to send it to them so I uploaded it on the CEAC website as well as send it to the embassy through courier. Once you upload your documents on CEAC, send them an email using the link letting them know that you have submitted the required documents.

I think this is what I would be doing. Uploading documents on CEAC as well and will submit via courier as well. 

But my problem is, the option to upload Joint Sponsor’s document is closed on CEAC and we need to upload joint sponsor’s documents there. What should I do? 

There are other couples here in similar situations.  Was yours an arranged marriage?  I know of one couple who have been in AP since January (9 months) and a few others in the 5 to 6 month range.  I guess the background checks are all done manually there by consulate staff (think private investigator).  The combination of not trusting police certificates and the number of arranged marriages makes for a difficult time for both the couples and the COs.  I hope that you have good news soon.  Do not let the process impact your relationship.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

Thank you everyone. My husband's case updated on Oct 19th. His case updated again today (Oct 22) and this time status changed to 'Issued'.

He is waiting for the call to pick up his passport. I am so happy that we will be together after a long time... 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.