2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi all,

We're among the unfortunate to call ourselves RFE recipients. When we supplied our AOS application we did so with only my foreign income from the previous years (under the guidance of an immigration attorney). My wife, who has been studying abroad for the past 7 years didn't have a job or relevant past tax returns to show at that time, so it was all my income.

The RFE stated in pretty certain terms that the income has to have come from lawful US employment, which mine obviously wasn't.

Now we're putting together the response to the RFE and our current situation is that she's had a part-time job since March and as of this week she got promoted into a full-time, making an annual $27,123. In addition to this we also have a bit over $20,000 in savings/other liquid assets. I have a job offer waiting for me since December of 2017 with an annual salary of $80,000. Getting a co-sponsor is out of the question at this point, due to time constraints.

What we're currently planning on putting in the application is:

• My wife's employment verification letter for the new full-time position
  • My wife's past pay-stubs from her part-time job + one pay-stub since starting the full-time position
  • My offer letter
  • Documentation of our assets
  • A letter declaring my wife's exemption from filing her taxes

Do you think this would be enough to qualify for sponsorship? And do we need to add anything to the package?

Thanks for any input

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

That is more than enough. Don’t be surprised if all they care to see is the new pay stub from her full time position. If the household is just for the two of you you have more than the required amount and they won’t care to see anything else. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.