minions2

sending smart phone to the phil

23 posts in this topic

Better off buying one through Lazada or some other online retailer. The shipping and tax is more than you can buy a decent phone there.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

But in the Philippines .. it's all about the "label" ...  iphone ....   oooowww.     

My wife shipped her iphone to the Phils ... the "label" lost it appeal.   Now she has a good phone  ;)   :lol:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I just got a Huawei from Lazada for my sister in law a few days ago (he Samsung was stolen at her school). It was about 3300 pesos and the specs were much better than an older used iPhone or Galaxy. I bought an Oppo last Christmas for another relative but that brand has become over priced.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I just got a Huawei from Lazada for my sister in law a few days ago (he Samsung was stolen at her school). It was about 3300 pesos and the specs were much better than an older used iPhone or Galaxy. I bought an Oppo last Christmas for another relative but that brand has become over priced.

Huawei are good phones, I have been looking at them.    The OPPO are good too,  but the models I bought do not work with most carriers in the USA .. so I keep mine for when in the Phils, and yes I have seen their pricing lately .. they are full of themselves for sure. :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Timeline

So i sent it thru fedex, chose the 3 days expedited one. Its been 4 days and was on hold for BS clearance at customs! My guess are its going to be stolen, switched or taxed more than its value. I thought with duterte as the president corrupt custom officials are long gone

Timeline
7 hours ago, minions2 said:

So i sent it thru fedex, chose the 3 days expedited one. Its been 4 days and was on hold for BS clearance at customs! My guess are its going to be stolen, switched or taxed more than its value. I thought with duterte as the president corrupt custom officials are long gone

Most likely taxed, not stolen.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 hours ago, minions2 said:

I went through the same thing when I sent a phone through DHL. It always takes longer than they say because they have no control over Philippines Customs. If you are sending a second hand phone it's just not worth it. When you add the shipping and the tax you can get a much better phone for the money there. It will make it to her but be prepared when they contact her and tell how much she will owe in tax so they can deliver. If you go there and bring second hand phones with you it is worth it. I usually bring 1 or 2 every trip.

Also I just noticed a typo above. I meant to say I paid 5300 (not 3300) pesos for the Huawei that I just bought.

Filed: Other Timeline

Someone from fedex gave us a quote from customs tax of 3k plus pesos. So that means it was already cleared right? We were told they will deliver it then we give them the payment. BUT now the fedex is holding up the package which I dont understand, they said another week.  Tracking said the package is in pasay, the recipient is also in manila, why another week, nobody from fedex Philippines could explain it. I already filed a complain through fedex

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.