Jump to content
<3T&M<3

Please assist me on some I-134 questions... ! :)

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I need HELP :)

I filed K-1 and interview is in just over 2 weeks for my fiance. My brother is cosponsor so we are both filling out I-134 and sending it this Monday.

Here are my questions - THANK YOUUUUUU!

 

Part 2. Information About the Beneficiary

4. A-Number (This is the A number on the NOA2, correct?)

 

Part 3. Other Information About the Sponsor

4. Balance of all my savings and checking accounts in U.S....  (I understand this, but my brother does not have any money in his bank. He does not have high debt and does not have lots of credit cards and has zero loans. He just doesn't save! He is remodeling his house this year so, like most of us, he is using his cash. He makes over the poverty mark by about $20,000 a year for single man with no dependents but he doesn't keep a savings. Will this be a problem? He is sending 3 years of tax returns.)

5. Value of my other personal property (What property? Do we put cars and televisions and phones, etc? - again, he is supplying 3 years of tax returns and I am supplying my most recent)

8.a. I own real estate valued at (Is this the amount that our respective houses are worth? I am buying a home, my brother is buying his own home. We do not "own" them yet. Do we just put the sell value? What if we don't know the exact sell value? Since we don't "own" the real estate can we leave NONE as answer?)

8.b. I have mortgages or other debts amounting to (I owe a LOT in student loans. I assume I need to add those and my mortgage all together and put the total here? same goes for my brother?)

9.a. My real estate is located at: (Again, Is it "my" real estate if I am buying and do not own yet? What should I put?)

I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following......

26.a. Family name (Is this information about my fiance? I assume so. He is the only one that I've done this for. Would I put his info and then N/A or NONE for the rest?)

38. I ( ) Intend  () do not intend to make specific contributions to the suport of the person(s) named in Part 2.  (IS this for Student Visas, etc? Does this apply to me? I am paying for the Adjustment of Status and his flight, etc. but I don't think that is what they mean. Do I put "Do not intend"?)

 

Part 7. Additional Information

Your Full Name

1.a. Family Name (Do I still need to put my name here even though I have nothing to write on page 8 of 8?)

 

 

 

In addition to those issues I am having, do I need to send paystubs? My brother and I both have them. I have the whole year's worth. If so, how many?

It says we need to send a letter from work that states whether job is temporary or permanent. I do not think his work will say "job is permanent" because anyone could get fired at any time if we think about it. Not many people have that type of absolute security. I think this would be a legal thing. Do you know what I mean? What exact words are they looking for. Also, it needs to have a signature so can this be a copied signature or does it need to be a wet signature.

I believe the I-134 needs to be a wet signature and I do need to send the original I-134 and my brother's through post mail to my fiance. The rest of the documents can be copies through email, correct?

 

 

Thank you so much

Tina

 

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Hello,

I need HELP :)

I filed K-1 and interview is in just over 2 weeks for my fiance. My brother is cosponsor so we are both filling out I-134 and sending it this Monday.

Here are my questions - THANK YOUUUUUU!

 

Part 2. Information About the Beneficiary

4. A-Number (This is the A number on the NOA2, correct?) Yes

 

Part 3. Other Information About the Sponsor

4. Balance of all my savings and checking accounts in U.S....  (I understand this, but my brother does not have any money in his bank. He does not have high debt and does not have lots of credit cards and has zero loans. He just doesn't save! He is remodeling his house this year so, like most of us, he is using his cash. He makes over the poverty mark by about $20,000 a year for single man with no dependents but he doesn't keep a savings. Will this be a problem? He is sending 3 years of tax returns.)

This part is optional. If he is making above poverty line he doesn't have to fill.

5. Value of my other personal property (What property? Do we put cars and televisions and phones, etc? - again, he is supplying 3 years of tax returns and I am supplying my most recent)

jewelry, car etc. things that may have value on estimate. (again it is optional, and may be unnecessary if the sponsor is above poverty line)

8.a. I own real estate valued at (Is this the amount that our respective houses are worth? I am buying a home, my brother is buying his own home. We do not "own" them yet. Do we just put the sell value? What if we don't know the exact sell value? Since we don't "own" the real estate can we leave NONE as answer?)

when you say buying, do you mean mortgage? if it is mortgage you still own the house, and you add the rest of the loan in the respective space in the form. It would be the sell value. if you don't own any house you can put none. I am not sure about the " " as meaning for you. 

8.b. I have mortgages or other debts amounting to (I owe a LOT in student loans. I assume I need to add those and my mortgage all together and put the total here? same goes for my brother?)  yes however, I am not sure if student loans counts in this, so I can't answer. 

9.a. My real estate is located at: (Again, Is it "my" real estate if I am buying and do not own yet? What should I put?)

what do you mean by "buying", you either have it on your name or not.

I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following......

26.a. Family name (Is this information about my fiance? I assume so. He is the only one that I've done this for. Would I put his info and then N/A or NONE for the rest?) Yes

38. I ( ) Intend  () do not intend to make specific contributions to the suport of the person(s) named in Part 2.  (IS this for Student Visas, etc? Does this apply to me? I am paying for the Adjustment of Status and his flight, etc. but I don't think that is what they mean. Do I put "Do not intend"?)

Intend. Then add on the additional information page as "N/A (FILING I-129F FOR MY FIANCE TO BEGIN K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)." Please check the sample on how to fill. (There are discussions on this, however we did hear about someone having a problem for choosing "not intend" yet never heard of a problem with this way of wording. so I would just go with this example - which I also did.)

Part 7. Additional Information

Your Full Name

1.a. Family Name (Do I still need to put my name here even though I have nothing to write on page 8 of 8?)

No, if you have nothing. but you will be writing what I told you above, so yes.

 

In addition to those issues I am having, do I need to send paystubs?  Send your things just in case if it is not a problem, because why not? You don't really have to, but it won't hurt your case if they can see you have a job too.

My brother and I both have them. I have the whole year's worth. If so, how many? 3 to 6 months - I believe I took 6 months with me.

It says we need to send a letter from work that states whether job is temporary or permanent. I do not think his work will say "job is permanent" because anyone could get fired at any time if we think about it. Not many people have that type of absolute security. I think this would be a legal thing. Do you know what I mean? What exact words are they looking for. Also, it needs to have a signature so can this be a copied signature or does it need to be a wet signature. Ask HR they will know what to write, permanent does not mean it is permanent in HR. they have better wordings for it. Just showing since when etc. They will most likely at, continuity of his position is highly likely, or something similar to that. They aren't really looking for anything here... taxes and w2s and pay stubs are more important and shows continuity and stability. they are looking for stability.

I believe the I-134 needs to be a wet signature and I do need to send the original I-134 and my brother's through post mail to my fiance. The rest of the documents can be copies through email, correct? Yes. 

 

 

Thank you so much

Tina

 

Answers are in red.

Also check this while filling. It is an older version but the questions are pretty much same.

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Naes said:

Answers are in red.

Also check this while filling. It is an older version but the questions are pretty much same.

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Oh my gosh thank you !!!!!!!! This helps so much!!


NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, Naes said:

This part is optional. If he is making above poverty line he doesn't have to fill.

@naes - thank you so much, I just now sat down to finish the form. You said I can put "NONE" here and so can my brother? Are you sure? Because the form says to get the following from his bank: A signed statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution that states when you opened an account, the total amount deposited for the past year, and the present balance of such account"

Since I have to get the above info from my bank (or do we?) wouldnt they want part 3. 4. filled out too?


NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, Naes said:

38. I ( ) Intend  () do not intend to make specific contributions to the suport of the person(s) named in Part 2.  (IS this for Student Visas, etc? Does this apply to me? I am paying for the Adjustment of Status and his flight, etc. but I don't think that is what they mean. Do I put "Do not intend"?)

Intend. Then add on the additional information page as "N/A (FILING I-129F FOR MY FIANCE TO BEGIN K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)." Please check the sample on how to fill. (There are discussions on this, however we did hear about someone having a problem for choosing "not intend" yet never heard of a problem with this way of wording. so I would just go with this example - which I also did.)

@Naes also, thank you I understand what I should put. My brother checks (X) Do not intend to make....      correct? Or should he also tick (X) Intend to make.... and say something on the additional information page like "Am co-sponsor for John Smith who my sister filed 1-129F for to begin K1 Visa Process for Permanent Residence"

 

:D

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, Naes said:

26.a. Family name (Is this information about my fiance? I assume so. He is the only one that I've done this for. Would I put his info and then N/A or NONE for the rest?) Yes

@Naes (don't kill me, lol) Also, on 26.a. it asks for Date of Filing the visa petition to USCIS... this would be the date of my NOA1?


NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

@naes - thank you so much, I just now sat down to finish the form. You said I can put "NONE" here and so can my brother? Are you sure? Because the form says to get the following from his bank: A signed statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution that states when you opened an account, the total amount deposited for the past year, and the present balance of such account"

Since I have to get the above info from my bank (or do we?) wouldnt they want part 3. 4. filled out too?

Instructions says whatever applies to you. you can just get that from your bank and put the balance. We didn't have much in the bank and did not submit the bank statements. but you can just get it from your bank and put that. As long as your co-sponsor has more income than necessary it shouldn't make much difference.


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

@Naes also, thank you I understand what I should put. My brother checks (X) Do not intend to make....      correct? Or should he also tick (X) Intend to make.... and say something on the additional information page like "Am co-sponsor for John Smith who my sister filed 1-129F for to begin K1 Visa Process for Permanent Residence"

 

:D

In our case, I just did the same for both sponsor and co-sponsor. the exit same as chose intend, and wrote "N/A (FILING I-129F FOR MY FIANCE TO BEGIN K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)." on the additional information page.

11 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

@Naes (don't kill me, lol) Also, on 26.a. it asks for Date of Filing the visa petition to USCIS... this would be the date of my NOA1?

yes. (I won't :) )


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

Instructions says whatever applies to you. you can just get that from your bank and put the balance. We didn't have much in the bank and did not submit the bank statements. but you can just get it from your bank and put that. As long as your co-sponsor has more income than necessary it shouldn't make much difference.

@NaesSo this is the thing.... Do I really need something from the bank saying how much was deposited in the last year?

Also, should my brother send three years of taxes to be on the safe side or is one really okay?

Also, do we need to send w-2  as well? My brother said no because w/2 and taxes are like the same information.

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

@NaesSo this is the thing.... Do I really need something from the bank saying how much was deposited in the last year?

Also, should my brother send three years of taxes to be on the safe side or is one really okay?

Also, do we need to send w-2  as well? My brother said no because w/2 and taxes are like the same information.

I don’t think my bank gave that to us, so I didn’t use it. 

 

What i gave for co-sponsor:

pay stubs for 6 months

w2s for 3 years

tax return transcripts for 3 years

employment verification letter

 

the key with w2 is that it also has the employer information and it is necessary if the taxes are filed jointly. So I used all just in case.

               


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Naes said:

I don’t think my bank gave that to us, so I didn’t use it. 

 

What i gave for co-sponsor:

pay stubs for 6 months

w2s for 3 years

tax return transcripts for 3 years

employment verification letter

 

the key with w2 is that it also has the employer information and it is necessary if the taxes are filed jointly. So I used all just in case.

               

Okay, so I will not send anything from our bank. But should I fill out the bank questions on the I-134 though since im not sending something from bank?

My brother has last three years of w-2 and last three years of tax returns and an employment letter. I am sending employment letter, a personal letter that explains my graduation and last two years of work, and one year of w-2 and one year of tax returns (I didn't make any money the previous two years, lol. Still filed though :)

 

Also, we are only sending our most recent pay stub because it has Year to Date on it. Is that okay?

 

Sound okay?

 

THAANNNKKKKKKK YOOOUUUUUUUUUU @Naes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Okay, so I will not send anything from our bank. But should I fill out the bank questions on the I-134 though since im not sending something from bank?

My brother has last three years of w-2 and last three years of tax returns and an employment letter. I am sending employment letter, a personal letter that explains my graduation and last two years of work, and one year of w-2 and one year of tax returns (I didn't make any money the previous two years, lol. Still filed though :)

 

Also, we are only sending our most recent pay stub because it has Year to Date on it. Is that okay?

 

Sound okay?

 

THAANNNKKKKKKK YOOOUUUUUUUUUU @Naes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had about less than a 1000 dollars in bank so I put zero and did not send anything cause that doesn’t even count as saving. But you can chose which way you want. I don’t think it will be important as long as sponsor makes over the income req.

 

I think sounds ok. but for your brother I would send at least 3 months pay stubs just in case (This is just me because I’m usually over prepared)


Check your case status at the new website : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

 

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

We had about less than a 1000 dollars in bank so I put zero and did not send anything cause that doesn’t even count as saving. But you can chose which way you want. I don’t think it will be important as long as sponsor makes over the income req.

 

I think sounds ok. but for your brother I would send at least 3 months pay stubs just in case (This is just me because I’m usually over prepared)

Okay :) Thanks so much!


NOA1 Old Site: March 1st, 2018

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×